Visa policy of Uganda
|This article is part of a series on the|
politics and government of
Visitors to Uganda must obtain a visa on arrival to Uganda or from one of the Ugandan diplomatic missions, unless they come from one of the visa exempt countries. All visitors must hold a passport valid for 6 months.
Visa policy map
Citizens of the following countries can visit Uganda without a visa for up to 3 months:
Visa on arrival
Citizens of all other countries except Somalia may obtain a visa for Uganda on arrival. As of 22 July 2016, the price is US $50. Electronic visas are expected to replace the visa on arrival facility. As a temporary measure, passengers who have not applied for an e-visa on line, will still be able to apply for their e-visa on arrival in Uganda. However, facilities will be very limited and passengers may experience delays.
Holders of consular, diplomatic, official, service or special passports of any country can obtain a visa on arrival for 3 months.
East African Tourist Visa
The 90-day East African Tourist Visa is also available on arrival, which is valid for Uganda, Kenya, and Rwanda if first used in the country that issued the visa. The fee for this visa is $100.
Entry and transit is refused to nationals of Somalia if not holding a biometric passport, even if not leaving the aircraft and proceeding by the same flight.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Uganda.|
- "Embassy of the Republic of Uganda, Washington DC - USA". www.ugandaembassy.com.
- "Visas and Passes - Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration Control". www.immigration.go.ug.
- [ https://treaties.un.org/doc/Publication/Monthly%20Statement/2019/01/monstate.PDF STATEMENT OF TREATIES AND INTERNATIONAL AGREEMENTS Registered or filed and recorded with the Secretariat during the month of January 2019]
- "Uganda e-Visa". visas.immigration.go.ug.
- Nakaweesi, Dorothy (8 July 2016). "Uganda: Government Launches E-Visa to Attract Investment" – via AllAfrica.
- "Country information (visa section)". Timatic. International Air Transport Association (IATA) through Olympic Air. Retrieved 1 April 2017.
- "Uganda Slices Visa Fees To $50 - Habari Trails Adventures".
- Ssuuna, Ignatius (7 March 2014). "East Africa: Single Visa to Boost East Regional Tourism" – via AllAfrica.