Visa policy of Venezuela
Visitors to Venezuela must obtain a visa from one of the Venezuelan diplomatic missions unless they come from one of the visa exempt countries. Visitors are required to hold proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay and documents required for their next destination. Visitors not holding return/onward tickets could be refused entry. Naturalized Venezuelan citizens, must hold in addition to their passport and National Identity Card (Cedula de Identidad), the original (or certified copy) of the official decree (Gaceta Oficial) of their naturalization issued by the Venezuelan government. All visitors must hold a passport valid for 6 months.
Visa policy map
Holders of ordinary passports of the following 69 jurisdictions can visit Venezuela without a visa for up to 90 days for tourism purposes unless otherwise stated (extendable once for the same period except the citizens of Bolivia and Colombia):
ID - citizens of these countries may cross the border with an ID card only when travelling as tourists.
1 - must hold confirmation of hotel reservation or notarized invitation letter.
2 - for a maximum stay of 15 days.
3 - for a maximum stay of 90 days in 180 days.
|Date of visa changes|
Visa exemption for 90 days also applies to holders of both diplomatic or service category passports of Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Austria, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Chile, Costa Rica, Cuba, Czech Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, France, Gambia, Germany, Guatemala, Guinea, Guyana, Honduras, Hungary, India, Israel, Jamaica, Latvia, Lebanon, Libya, Lithuania, Mexico, Namibia, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Syria, Trinidad and Tobago, United Kingdom, Uruguay, Vietnam and for holders of diplomatic passports only of Colombia, Italy, Portugal, Qatar and Suriname. Visa exemption for 30 days applies to holders of diplomatic or service passports of China, Indonesia, Iran and Turkey, as well as passports for public affairs issued by China.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Venezuela.|
- Embajada de la República Bolivariana de Venezuela en la República Federal de Alemania Tarjeta de Turismo DEX-2 Archived 2011-07-18 at the Wayback Machine. ( en Español )
- Botschaft der Bolivarischen Republik Venezuela in der Bundesrepublik Deutschland TOURISTENKARTE DEX-2 Archived 2010-11-25 at the Wayback Machine. ( auf Deutsch )
- "Country information (visa section)". Timatic. International Air Transport Association (IATA) through Olympic Air. Retrieved 1 April 2017.
- First reciprocity report, January 2006
- Venezuela y Benín firman acuerdos en el marco de cooperación sur-sur
- Visa policy of Venezuela, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Venezuela
- The Embassy of Venezuela in the United States of America; also available in Spanish.