Visa policy of Zambia
Visitors to Zambia must obtain a visa from one of the Zambian diplomatic missions unless they come from one of the visa exempt countries or countries whose citizens are eligible for visa on arrival. Visitors may alternatively obtain an electronic visa. All visitors must hold a passport valid for at least 6 months. As of November 2014 Zambia and Zimbabwe also offer a universal visa.
Visa policy map
Visa exemption countries
Citizens of following 42 countries and territories do not need a visa to enter Zambia for up to 90 days as tourists or 30 days for business:
Holders of the following British passports:
- British Virgin Islands
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- Cayman Islands
- Falkland Islands
- Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha
- Turks and Caicos Islands
Holders of the following New Zealand passports:
Holders of the following Australian passports:
- Norfolk Island residents
Visa On Arrival
Citizens of following 92 countries and territories may obtain a visa for Zambia on arrival for up to 90 days as tourists or 30 days for business:
|Map of entry points where universal KAZA visa can be obtained|
Zambia and Zimbabwe introduced a universal visa on 28 November 2014 called KAZA Visa. This visa can be obtained on arrival and is valid for both countries for visits up to 30 days while remaining within Zambia and Zimbabwe (including day trips to Botswana at Kazungula). In second stage, if the pilot phase running until May 2015 is successful, Namibia, Angola and Botswana are expected to join the project. In third stage three SADC pilot countries are expected to join and in fourth stage all SADC countries are expected to become part of the universal visa project.
- Nationals who do not require a visa, Department of Immigration
- Nationals requiring visas on arrival or at missions abroad, Department of Immigration
- Nationals requiring visas prior to travel, Department of Immigration
- Zambia, Zim to Effect One Visa Regime
- "Visa Information". Timatic. IATA. Retrieved 17 December 2013.
- Zambia drops visa requirement for all COMESA citizens
- Nationals requiring VISAs on arrival or at missions abroad
- Electronic Visas to Boost Zambia’s Tourism
- Republic of Zambia Electronic Visa Application System FAQ
- Zimbabwe, Zambia to launch UNIVISA project on November 28
- Zimbabwe introducing joint tourist visa with Zambia
- Zim, Zambia to launch uni-visa month end
- Including Cook Islands residents.
- Including Puerto Rico residents.