Visa policy of the Republic of Macedonia
Visa policy of the Republic of Macedonia is similar to the Visa policy of the Schengen Area. It grants 90-day visa-free entry to all Schengen Annex II nationalities except Colombia, Dominica, Grenada, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Palau, Samoa, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu and Vanuatu. It also grants visa free access to several additional countries – Azerbaijan, Botswana, Cuba, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Russia, Turkey and Ukraine.
Visa policy map
- 1 - May enter with a national ID card
- 2 - May enter with a biometric national ID card
- 3 – For citizens of Montenegro and Turkey the maximum permitted stay is 60 days.
- 4 – For citizens of Malaysia the maximum permitted stay is 30 days.
- 5 – For nationals of Belarus and Georgia holding normal passports travelling as a tourist either individually with "vouchers" or in a travel group organised by travel agencies.
- 6 – For British nationals, only British citizens, British Overseas Territories citizens with passports issued by Gibraltar, and British subjects with right of abode in the United Kingdom enjoy visa-free entry.
Nationals of the following countries do not require a visa if their passports are endorsed "for public affairs":
- Holders of a valid multiple entry visa for the Schengen Area may enter Macedonia for up to 15 days visa free.
- Holders of UN travel documents do not require a visa.
In addition to a visa, nationals of Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Bangladesh, Burundi, Cameroon, China, Congo, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Honduras, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Vietnam and Yemen need approval from the Ministry of Interior.
Diplomatic and official passports
Additionally, only holders of diplomatic and official passports of the following countries do not require visas for Macedonia:
- Visa regime of the Republic of Macedonia version 26.07.2013
- Visa regime of the Republic of Macedonia towards other countries
- "Visa Information - Republic of Macedonia". Timatic. IATA. Retrieved 17 December 2013.