This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Developer(s)||Visage Technologies AB|
8.2b2.5242 / 6 April 2017
|Type||Software development kit|
visage|SDK is a multiplatform software development kit (SDK) created by Visage Technologies AB. visage|SDK allows software programmers to build a wide variety of face and head tracking and eye tracking applications for various operating systems, mobile and tablet environments, and embedded systems, using computer vision and machine learning algorithms.
FaceTrack reliably tracks 3D head pose, full facial features and eyes/gaze for multiple faces in video coming from a camera, video file or other sources. FaceTrack is a fully configurable package that includes: face tracking, face and facial landmarks/features detection, head tracking, and eye tracking.
FaceAnalysis includes machine learning algorithms to estimate gender, emotion detection and age detection. FaceAnalysis works with FaceTrack to find/track faces in images or video, and then uses techniques to accurately provide the user with gender, emotions and age for the faces in roughly frontal position.
FaceRecognition is used to identify or verify a person from a digital image or a video source using a stored face database. visage|SDK face recognition algorithm is capable of measuring similarity between people and recognizing a person’s identity from frontal facial image (yaw angle approximately from -20 to 20 degrees) by comparing it to faces previously stored in a gallery.
History and application
The development of Visage|SDK started in 2002 when Visage Technologies AB was founded in Linköping, Sweden. The founders were among the contributors to the MPEG-4 Face and Body Animation International Standard.
visageSDK is used in various application fields, such as game development, arts and entertainment, marketing and retail, marketing research, automotive industry, industrial safety, assistive technologies, health care, biometrics, audio processing and robotics. Recentyl, visage|SDK has been used to create solutions in virtual makeup and 3D face filtering.
- Tracks multiple faces and facial features in input video, images or in real time
- Returns 2D and 3D head pose, the coordinates of facial feature points (e.g. chin tip, nose tip, lip corners, mouth contour, chin pose, eyebrow contours), fitted 3D face model, and eye closure and eye rotation (gaze direction)
- Fully automatic operation
- Instant initialization: tracking starts immediately when the face is visible
- Robustly recovers from any losses due to occlusions, face turning away, tracked person coming and going etc.
- Automatically reinitializes if a new person appears in front of the camera
- Lightweight technology enables high performance across the whole range of supported platforms
- Computer vision
- Emotion recognition
- Eye tracking
- Face detection
- Facial recognition system
- Marketing research
- Three-dimensional face recognition
- Motion capture
- Visage Technologies: FaceTrack
- Visage Technologies: FaceAnalysis
- Visage Technologies: FaceRecognition
- Pandžić, Igor and Robert Forchheimer (2002): "The origins of the MPEG-4 Facial Animation standard", in: MPEG-4 Facial Animation - The standard, implementations and applications (eds. Igor S. Pandžić and Robert Forchheimer). Chichester: John Wiley & Sons (ISBN 0-470-84465-5).
- Pandžić, Igor and Robert Forchheimer (2002): "MPEG-4 Facial Animation Framework for the Web and Mobile Platforms", in: MPEG-4 Facial Animation - The standard, implementations and applications (eds. Igor S. Pandžić and Robert Forchheimer). Chichester: John Wiley & Sons (ISBN 0-470-84465-5)
- Visage Technologies: Main features