Vishakha is a nakshatra in Indian astronomy spread in Tula or Libra (The 7th House of Natural Vedic Astrology). In Hindu mythology, Vishaka is a daughter of king Daksha. She was one of the twenty-seven daughters of Daksha who married the moon-God Chandra. Vishaka is the sixteenth nakshatra of the Hindu zodiac, ruled by the planet Jupiter Brihaspati or Guru, It is also the birth star of the Hindu godess Seetha Devi]].
Notable people named Vishakha
- Vishakha Singh (born 1986), Indian film actress, producer and entrepreneur
- Vishakha Raut, a Shiv Sena Politician from Mumbai, former Mayor of Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation
- Vishakha N. Desai, an Asia scholar with a focus on art, culture, policy, and women's rights
- Vishakha, a fictional character of Chotti Bahu, a popular Indian soap opera
- Burgess, Ebenezer (1860). Translation of the Sûrya-Siddhânta: E Text-book of Hindu Astronomy. Retrieved 26 August 2015.