|Born||14 July 1976|
|Alma mater||Mumbai University|
|Title||CEO indian gaming, Ex CEO Indiagames|
Gondal founded the game development and publishing company Indiagames, which he sold to DisneyUTV Digital,a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company India, in 2011. He briefly served as the Managing Director of Digital division of The Walt Disney Company India from September 2012 to June 2013.
On 4 September 2020, Bollywood superstar Akshay Kumar announced the planned release of FAU-G, a game developed by Bengaluru-headquartered nCORE Games, under Vishal Gondal, which is released on 26 January 2021.
In 1999, Gondal founded Indiagames, a video game development and publishing company. By 2009 the company had approximately 300 employees and offices in Mumbai, Beijing, London and Los Angeles. Gondal sold a majority stake (76.29% of the company) to TOM online Games, a subsidiary of TOM Online Inc, in 2009 and retained his position as CEO. At the time of acquisition, Indiagames was making an approximate profit of $400,000 on revenues of $11 million.
Gondal has presented at the INK Conferences in Mumbai.
- In 2005, Mobile Entertainment magazine listed Gondal as listed as one of the top 50 executives in the mobile content space.
- In 2005, Indiagames was listed by Red Herring among Asia's Top 100 companies.
- In 2012, techcircle.in included Gondal in a list of the top 25 powerful people in Indian digital business.
- In 2019, "Entrepreneur Magazine" awarded Gondal Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
- "Walt Disney Company to restructure digital assets".
- Team, M. G. H. (3 January 2021). "FAU-G Game Officially Announced To Release In January 2021". Mobile Gaming Hub. Retrieved 3 January 2021.
- "FAU-G Game: When will the Indian PUBG Mobile release?". The Indian Express. 8 September 2020. Retrieved 8 September 2020.
- "Vishal Gondal: The Ideas Man is Onto a New Trend", Forbes India, retrieved 10 February 2015
- Vishal Gondal on GOQii New Venture Fitness As Service, Business Today, retrieved 12 February 2015
- Disney Set to Acquire Top Indian Game Developer Indiagames, AllThingsD, retrieved 20 February 2015
- Why did Tom Online's (TOMO) Indiagames welcome new partners? Seeking Alpha
- Vishal Gondal Turns Startup Saviour; Forms Investment Group
- Vishal Gondal Turns Startup Saviour; Forms Investment Group, GigaOM, retrieved 20 February 2015
- Sweat And Blood Venture Group
- The Walt Disney Company (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- "Indian entrepreneur launches fitness band GoQii, backed by Bollywood star Madhuri Dixit Nene". dna. 28 February 2014.
- Temple, James (26 February 2014). "Introducing GOQii: Startup Pairs New Fitness Tracker With Human Coaches". Recode.
- Fifth INK Talks to begin October 28; to focus on innovation, The Economic Times India, retrieved 23 February 2015
- Vishal Gondal in top 50 mobile executives list
- Red Herring Puts Indiagames In Top Asia 100 List, GigaOM, retrieved 20 February 2015
- Top 25 powerful people in Indian digital business
- "Virtual Awards - 10th Annual awards for Entrepreneurship & Startups". www.entrepreneurindia.com. Retrieved 14 June 2020.