Vishal Gondal at Ra.One Press Conference in October 2011
14 July 1976
|Other names||Vishy, VG|
|Alma mater||Mumbai University|
|Occupation||Entrepreneur/ Venture Capitalist|
|Title||CEO GOQii, Ex CEO Indiagames|
Vishal Gondal (Marathi: बिशाल गोडांल) (born 14 July 1976) is an Indian entrepreneur and angel investor. He is the founder and CEO of GOQii (pronounced Go-Key), and previously founded the game development and publishing company Indiagames, which he sold to DisneyUTV Digital, The Walt Disney Company (India) in 2011 for $100 million after which he briefly served as the Managing Director of Digital division of The Walt Disney Company (India) from September 2012 to June 2013.
In 1999, Gondal founded Indiagames, a video game development and publishing company. By 2009 the company had approximately 300 employees and offices in Mumbai, Beijing, London and Los Angeles. Gondal sold a majority of stakeholds (adding up to 76.29% of the company) to TOM online Games, a subsidiary of TOM Online Inc, in 2009 and retained his position as CEO. In 2011, Indiagames was acquired by Disney for around $100m. At the time of acquisition, Indiagames was making an approximate profit of $400,000 on revenues of $11 million.
Gondal has presented at the INK Conferences in Mumbai.
- In 2005 Mobile Entertainment magazine listed Gondal as listed as one of the top 50 executives in the mobile content space.
- In 2005 Indiagames was listed by Red Herring among Asia's Top 100 companies.
- In 2012 techcircle.in included Gondal in a list of the top 25 powerful people in Indian digital business.
- Fitness as a service, or Faas, is what Vishal Gondal banks on in his new venture, GOQii. Is he ahead of his time?, businesstoday, retrieved February 10, 2015
- Vishal Gondal: The Ideas Man is Onto a New Trend, Forbes India, retrieved February 10, 2015
- Walt Disney Company to restructure digital assets
- Meet Vishal Gondal, India's king of gaming
- Pix Special Fitness Band from Vishal Gondal to Take on Gyms, Rediff, retrieved February 12, 2015
- I Love Chaos and It Is Where I Thrive says Vishal Gondal, LiveMint, retrieved February 12, 2015
- India Entrepreneurship Ecosystem Challenge Mindrush, Business Today, retrieved February 12, 2015
- Vishal Gondal on GOQii New Venture Fitness As Service, Business Today, retrieved February 12, 2015
- Disney Set to Acquire Top Indian Game Developer Indiagames, AllThingsD, retrieved February 20, 2015
- Why did Tom Online's (TOMO) Indiagames welcome new partners? Seeking Alpha
- Vishal Gondal Turns Startup Saviour; Forms Investment Group
- Vishal Gondal Turns Startup Saviour; Forms Investment Group, GigaOM, retrieved February 20, 2015
- Sweat And Blood Venture Group
- The Walt Disney Company (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- Fifth INK Talks to begin October 28; to focus on innovation, The Economic Times India, retrieved February 23, 2015
- Vishal Gondal in top 50 mobile executives list
- Red Herring Puts Indiagames In Top Asia 100 List, GigaOM, retrieved February 20, 2015
- Top 25 powerful people in Indian digital business