|Born||January 14, 1976|
University of Michigan |
Vishen Lakhiani has founded three companies: Mindvalley, Dealmates, and Blinklist (a social bookmarking service). Mindvalley is an education technology company that publishes products focused on personal spiritual development and lifelong learning, such as the meditation app Omvana. Dealmates is a Malaysian-based e-commerce site that Lakhiani founded with Patrick Grove as part of a joint-venture between Catcha Group and Mindvalley. Lakhiani has also founded A-Fest, an invite-only conference that offers training in conscious entrepreneurship and mindfulness.
In May 2016, Vishen Lakhiani published the self-help book The Code of the Extraordinary Mind through Rodale, Inc. In the book, Lakhiani argues that a person's outlook on life is shaped by conditioning and habit, and offers 10 laws to help readers break free of this mindset. After its release, the book reached #10 on the New York Times Bestseller List for Advice, How-To & Miscellaneous.
In 2015 at XPRIZE's Visioneering Event he was part of the team that won the audience vote for best new XPRIZE Idea, involving housing for refugees, which has now evolved into the Corigen-backed Innovative Housing Prize.
He is also the winner of "Most Strategic Entrepreneur" in SME & Entrepreneurship Business Award, Malaysia 2017. The SME & Entrepreneurship Business Award Malaysia is an Annual Recognition Award program organized by Yayasan Usahawan Malaysia.
- Borzykowski, Bryan. "Meet the man who finds solace in a 25-hour commute". BBC. Retrieved 2016-05-20.
- "Be slightly mad, Mindvalley’s Vishen urges entrepreneurs" Digital News Asia, Published 21 April 2014
- Hyland, Tim (2014). "The Power of Rethinking Everything". Speaker Magazine. pp. 14–17. Retrieved July 8, 2016.
- Kay, Michael F. "How Your Money Mindset Can Improve You (And The World)". Forbes. Retrieved 2016-05-20.
- "Business that 'blurs work and play'" BBC News, Released 20 July 2013
- Catcha Group JV Dealmates to get Intel Funding" The Edge (Malaysia), Published 6 September 2014
- "Dealmates pivots its way into a stronger footing" Digital News Asia, Published 8 September 2012
- "Advice, How-To & Miscellaneous Bestsellers for the week of May 29, 2016". New York Times. May 29, 2016. Retrieved 2016-05-24.
- "Nonfiction Book Review: The Code of the Extraordinary Mind: 10 Unconventional Laws to Redefine Your Life and Succeed on Your Own Terms by Vishen Lakhiani". Retrieved 2016-07-08.
- XPRIZE Innovation Board, X PRIZE Foundation
- Human Dignity - Vishen Lakhiani & Jessica Banks - 2015 Winner (Visioneering 2015), X PRIZE Foundation
- Innovative Housing, X PRIZE Foundation
- SME & Entrepreneurship Business Award Malaysia