|Born||January 14, 1976|
|Nationality||Indian, Malaysian, Estonian|
|Education||University of Michigan |
Vishen Lakhiani has founded three companies:
Mindvalley is an education technology company that publishes products focused on personal spiritual development and lifelong learning, such as the meditation app Omvana. Company was founded in New York in December 22, 2002. Mindvalley started as a digital publishing company, and then evolved to education company offering teachings programs on mindfulness, meditation, personal growth, fitness and health. In 2004 the company headquarters relocated from New York to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Dealmates was a Malaysian-based e-commerce site that Lakhiani founded in Nov 1, 2010 with Patrick Grove as part of a joint-venture between Catcha Group and Mindvalley. Dealmates allegedly offered discounts from fashion, beauty, cosmetics, electronics and other vendors with allegedly over 30,000 visitors a day. Their website does not exist anymore.
Blinklist was a social bookmarking service, allowed users to organize their bookmarks based on keyword tags, see how others rated their bookmarks and view recently added, popular, or hot public bookmarks.The site has been turned into a tech-related blog featuring stories about startups and apps. Now it contains over 2,500 of the world’s best titles in 19 top categories. 
Lakhiani has also founded A-Fest, an invite-only conference that offers training in conscious entrepreneurship and mindfulness.
In May 2016, Vishen Lakhiani published the self-help book The Code of the Extraordinary Mind through Rodale, Inc. In the book, Lakhiani argues that a person's outlook on life is shaped by conditioning and habit, and offers 10 laws to help readers break free of this mindset. After its release, the book reached #10 on the New York Times Bestseller List for Advice, How-To & Miscellaneous.
In 2015 at XPRIZE's Visioneering Event he was part of the team that won the audience vote for best new XPRIZE Idea, involving housing for refugees, which has now evolved into the Corigen-backed Innovative Housing Prize.
He is also the winner of "Most Strategic Entrepreneur" in SME & Entrepreneurship Business Award, Malaysia 2017. The SME & Entrepreneurship Business Award Malaysia is an Annual Recognition Award program organized by Yayasan Usahawan Malaysia.
- Borzykowski, Bryan. "Meet the man who finds solace in a 25-hour commute". BBC. Retrieved 2016-05-20.
- "Be slightly mad, Mindvalley’s Vishen urges entrepreneurs" Digital News Asia, Published 21 April 2014
- Hyland, Tim (2014). "The Power of Rethinking Everything". Speaker Magazine. pp. 14–17. Retrieved July 8, 2016.
- Kay, Michael F. "How Your Money Mindset Can Improve You (And The World)". Forbes. Retrieved 2016-05-20.
- "Business that 'blurs work and play'" BBC News, Released 20 July 2013
- Catcha Group JV Dealmates to get Intel Funding" The Edge (Malaysia), Published 6 September 2014
- "Dealmates pivots its way into a stronger footing" Digital News Asia, Published 8 September 2012
- "What Happened to the Social Bookmarking Site Blinklist?". Lifewire. Retrieved 2018-09-13.
- "Advice, How-To & Miscellaneous Bestsellers for the week of May 29, 2016". New York Times. May 29, 2016. Retrieved 2016-05-24.
- "Nonfiction Book Review: The Code of the Extraordinary Mind: 10 Unconventional Laws to Redefine Your Life and Succeed on Your Own Terms by Vishen Lakhiani". Retrieved 2016-07-08.
- XPRIZE Innovation Board Archived 2017-05-19 at the Wayback Machine., X PRIZE Foundation
- Human Dignity - Vishen Lakhiani & Jessica Banks - 2015 Winner (Visioneering 2015), X PRIZE Foundation
- Innovative Housing, X PRIZE Foundation
- SME & Entrepreneurship Business Award Malaysia