|Born||11 September 1965|
Vishwajeet Pradhan is an Indian Bollywood actor who has worked in many films including Yalgaar, Raaz, Karam, Zeher, Zakhm, and Lamhaa. Vishwajeet often plays the role of inspector or commissioner. Now[when?] he is playing an antagonist role of S.S.P Brahmanand Jakhar in Maryada: Lekin Kab Tak? on television. He is married to a fashion designer Sonalika Pradhan. They have two children, daughter Dhruvika and son Ojas.
Incidents on sets
A major fire broke out on the sets of No Problem while the unit was shooting in the middle of the sea for a vital action sequence. Pradhan was in a scene where he is supposed to raise panic over the fire and try to save himself. While he caught fire, hurting his leg, everyone thought it was a part of his act and complimented his acting skills! But as soon as everyone realized what was happening, Pradhan was saved from any further injury by prompt action. Sunil Shetty also suffered burns on his hands. The fire extinguishers on the sets proved to be very handy. Suniel Shetty and Vishwajeet Pradhan almost became victims of severe burns. A hurt Pradhan said, "These things happen and despite all the precautions, the fire was just uncontrollable because of the sea breeze. My trousers were very thin. I guess it’s part of the game, but I am in pain right now. After the incident, I went to a doctor and even a skin specialist for treatment."
Another incident happened on sets of Rakht Charitra. Pradhan was apparently shooting the climax sequence for the film where his character was supposed to be shot dead. However the blast in the shot was so intense that he had a huge cut along his jaw line that required surgery. After the incident, he was admitted to an emergency ward and later shifted to the normal ward. A surgery was carried out later with a reconstructive plastic surgery carried out to hide the scar. The sequence in question was apparently a normal blast scene that went haywire as the impact was very powerful, hitting the actor in the face, leaving him bleeding. Naturally, the actor and his wife were worried as the wounds require serious attention.
Vishwajeet Pradhan's latest film include No Problem, as well as films such as Bbuddah... Hoga Terra Baap where he played a constable named Shindey and Kulkarni in Chatur Singh Two Star, Chal Chalein, Karz, Dee Saturday Night (2014). He has an upcoming release in 2015 titled Ranviir The Marshal where he plays the role of Jampa.
- "At 48, Vishwajeet Pradhan gets his entire body waxed". Zee News. 16 January 2014. Retrieved 22 July 2018.
- "Real Life and Reel Life Entangled". 12 April 2010. Archived from the original on 7 December 2010. Retrieved 7 December 2010.
- "Vishwajeet injured on sets of Rakta Charitra". 16 June 2010. Retrieved 22 July 2018.
- "Vishwajeet is a very positive man: Sonalika Pradhan". The Times of India. IANS. 21 January 2018. Retrieved 22 July 2018.
- "Sonalika congratulate Bhansali for Padmaavat victory". First Post. 27 January 2018. Retrieved 22 July 2018.
- "Sonalika Pradhan turns producer". The Hans India. 3 September 2017. Retrieved 22 July 2018.
- "Sonalika Pradhan all set for her big projects". Free Press Journal. Retrieved 22 July 2018.
- "Sonalika launches her next collection". Business of Cinema. 21 November 2017. Retrieved 22 July 2018.
- Akash Jaiswal (21 November 2017). "Sonalika is all set to bring tide in the fashion industry by her unique generation". First Post. Retrieved 22 July 2018.
- Collin Rodrigues (16 June 2017). "Sonalika Pradhan launches her website, football collection Sonalika". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 22 July 2018.