Vishwakarma Government Engineering College
|Affiliation||Gujarat Technological University|
|Principal||Dr. R. K. Gajjar|
|Location||Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India|
|Campus||21,000 sq. meter (built-up area) or 5.2 acre|
|Website||vgecg.ac.in, placement.vgecg.ac.in , IEEE VGEC, Department of Power Electronics Engineering|
Vishwakarma Government Engineering College (VGEC), also known as Government Engineering College, Chandkheda (GEC Chandkheda) is situated at Chandkheda, in Ahmedabad city, India. VGEC is affiliated to Gujarat Technological University. The college was established in 1994, operating out of M. S. Building, Sector 11, Gandhinagar. The new campus was inaugurated later in 2005 by Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India and former Chief Minister of Gujarat.
Vishwakarma Government Engineering College, Ahmedabad was established in August 1994, with an objective of imparting higher education in various fields of engineering and technology. This institute is recognized by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi. The college is administrated by Commissionerate of Technical Education, Gujarat State, Gandhinagar and is affiliated with Gujarat Technological University.
When started in 1994, the college had only three departments - Electrical Engineering, Instrumentation and Control Engineering and Chemical Engineering. Other departments were introduced later. Three of the departments are NBA accredited.
In June 2005 the college was shifted at new campus at Chandkheda, Ahmedabad. The new campus has total 14 blocks with built-up area of 21,000 sq. meter (approx) or 5.2 acre. VGEC college have two boys hostel and one girl's hostel which are situated in campus. GTU building is in the VGEC college campus.
Undergraduate degree(Bachelor of Engineering):
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Information Technology
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Power Electronics
Post-Graduate (Master of Engineering):
- TechnoAspire, the name itself signifies the spirit of an engineer-passion, ambition and dedication to explore unseen corners and surmount immeasurable heights. TechnoAspire is the annual Tech-Non Tech-Cult-Sports' fest of VGEC. Gujarat to project their proficiency and intellect, with an aim to abridge the gap between theoretical concepts learned and the fascinating practical implementation that would follow.
VGEC has very complex building structure named according to Alphabat from A to N.
From: A block for Administrative department.
To last one:N block for Civil engineering department.
There is mechanical workshop in single block.
Two cricket ground,one football ground,one basket ball court are located in VGEC campus.
There is big open ground behind GTU college which was used for ATV competition.
GTU building is near to college.
- The IITGN was being operated in VGEC Campus from years 2008 to 2015. 
- The institute is All India Council for Technical Education approved. 
- The new building of Gujarat Technological University is located near VGEC campus.