Jump to navigation Jump to search
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Vishwas Patil (born 28 November 1959, in Nerle, Kolhapur district) is an Indian author, and IAS officer,historian, He completed his masters M.A. in English Literature and a degree in Law.
- Lust for Lalbaug, novel about Great Bombay textile strike publisher Rajhans Prakashan, 2015
- Panipat, novel about Third Battle of Panipat
- Sambhaji, biographical novel about Sambhaji Maharaj
- Ranangan, play based on novel Panipat
- Chandramukhi, novel based on relations between a politician and a "tamasha" dancer
- Not gone with the wind, novel based on the film industry personalities
- Pangira, novel about hardship of village people
- Mahanayak, biographical novel about Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
- Zadazadati (novel), a touching story of people displaced due to infasturcture projects like dams, it was honoured with Sahitya Akademi Award in 1992,
- 1989Nath Madhav Award for Panipat
- 1990 Priyadarshini National Award for Zadazadati, Bhartiya Bhasha Parishad Award for Panipat, Vikhe Patil Award for Zadazadati
- 1992 Sahitya Akademi Award for Zadazadati
- 1998 Gadakri Award for Mahanayak
- Tare, Kiran (23 December 2011). "The Burden of Battle". India Today. Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- Deshmukh, Vinita (16 November 2004). "Retrial at Red Fort". The Indian Express. Pune. Retrieved 26 May 2018.
- Patil,, Vishwas; Ramachandra, Keerti (English translator) (2014). A Dirge for the Dammed. Gurgaon, India: Hachette India. ISBN 978-93-5009-590-4.
- Sahitya Akademi Awards Information