Vishwast-class advanced offshore patrol vessel
|Name:||Vishwast Class Patrol Vessel|
|Builders:||Goa Shipyard Limited|
Indian Coast Guard
|Preceded by:||Samar class|
|Succeeded by:||Samarth class|
|Class & type:||Vishwast Class|
|Type:||Offshore Patrol Vessel|
|Length:||93.89 metres (308.0 ft)|
|Beam:||12.6 metres (41 ft)|
|Draught:||4.5 metres (15 ft) (propeller)|
|Depth:||6 metres (20 ft)|
|Installed power:||18,000 kilowatts (24,000 hp)|
|Speed:||26 kn (48 km/h)|
|Range:||4,500 nmi (8,300 km)|
|Armament:||30 mm gun option is also available for a 76 mm gun.|
|Aircraft carried:||1 x HAL Dhruv|
The ships in this class are 93.6 metres in length and are equipped with a 30 mm CRN 91 Naval Gun for policing the Exclusive Economic Zone. The vessels are designed to be propelled by two MTU engines delivering 18000 kW of power and have a range of 4500 nautical miles at a cruising speed of 12-14 knots.
Their features include an Integrated Bridge System(IBS), Integrated Machinery Control System (IMCS), Power Management System (PMS), High Power External Fire Fighting System (ABS Fi-Fi Class-1) and one indigenous Close Range Naval Gun (CRN-91) along with an optical fire control system. They carry one Helicopter and five high speed boats. The ships are also fitted with advanced Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS).
The ships are primarily designed for patrolling and policing maritime zones, search and rescue operations, maritime surveillance, anti-smuggling operations, pollution response against oil spillages and external fire-fighting.
Ships of the class
|Name||Pennant Number||Date of Launch||Date of commission||Homeport|
|ICGS Vishwast||OPV30||4 July 2008||17 March 2010||Chennai|
|ICGS Vijit||OPV31||4 November 2009||11 December 2010||Porbandar|
|ICGS Vaibhav||OPV32||5 December 2009||21 May 2013||Tuticorin|
- Jija Bai Class Patrol Vessel
- Tara Bai Class Patrol Vessel
- Priyadarshini Class Patrol Vessel
- Sarojini Naidu Class Extra Fast Patrol Vessels
- "ICGS VISHWAST - Vessel's Details and Current Position - 0 - 419098400". Marinetraffic.com. 2011-09-16. Retrieved 2013-01-14.
- "Coast Guard inducts patrol vessel 'ICGS Vijit' in its fleet - India - DNA". Dnaindia.com. 2010-12-11. Retrieved 2013-01-14.
- Special Correspondent (2010-03-16). "News / States : ICGS Vishwast to be commissioned tomorrow". The Hindu. Retrieved 2013-01-14.
- "‘Vishwast' to be inducted into Coast Guard fleet". The Hindu. 2010-05-19. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2015-12-27.
- "‘ICGS Vijit' all set to join Coast Guard tomorrow". The Hindu. 2010-12-10. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2015-12-27.
- "Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV)ICGS ‘Vaibhav’commissioned". pib.nic.in. Retrieved 2015-12-27.