Vision science is the scientific study of vision. Vision science encompasses all studies of vision, such as how human and non-human organisms process visual information, how conscious visual perception works in humans, how to exploit visual perception for effective communication, and how artificial systems can do the same tasks. Vision science overlaps with or encompasses disciplines such as ophthalmology and optometry, neuroscience(s), psychology (particularly sensation and perception psychology, cognitive psychology, linguistics, biopsychology, psychophysics, and neuropsychology), physics (particularly optics), ethology, and computer science (particularly computer vision, artificial intelligence, and computer graphics), as well as other engineering related areas such as data visualization, user interface design, and human factors and ergonomics. Below is a list of pertinent journals.
Scientific journals that are exclusively or predominantly concerned with vision science.
- Journal of Vision
- Vision Research (including Clinical Vision Sciences)
- Perception and iPerception
- Spatial Vision
- Attention Perception & Psychophysics (previously Perception & Psychophysics)
- Journal of the Optical Society of America A
- Optometry and Vision Science
- Ophthalmic and Physiological Optics
- VisionScience – an Internet resource for research in human and animal vision.
- Visiome Platform – digital research resource archive for vision science by the Neuroinformatics Japan Center
- European Conference on Visual Perception – an international scientific conference on vision science
|This science article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|