This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Visionaire is a transmedia company that publishes a magazine under the same name of Visionaire that concepts, curates, and produces art multiples, events, public art installations, film, branded content, apparel, and publications. Visionaire focuses on the cross-pollination of art, fashion, film, and contemporary culture as a tool to communicate unique experiences to viewers and visitors, across multiple platforms, in physical spaces, online, and mobile. Visionaire has a deep and developed network of artists, photographers, fashion designers, models, celebrities, filmmakers, writers, agents, editors, collectors, galleries, and museums. Artists work in collaboration with Visionaire to produce interpretations on a theme, and are given freedom to push Visionaire's original formats.
The issue's price often reflects its format. For example, issue no.18, the "Fashion Special", contained a Louis Vuitton pouch within its own leather and was reportedly sold at an auction for $5,000. The price can also be an indication as to the limited number in distribution; it often fluctuates based on available inventory.
Visionaire also has a monthly, wide-circulation magazine called V, edited by Stephen Gan, which focuses on art, culture, and fashion. Past contributors have included Tama Janowitz, Mario Testino, Mario Sorrenti, Stephane Sednaoui, and Karl Lagerfeld. Interview subjects have included Joan Didion, Salman Rushdie, and Norman Mailer.
In fall 2003, Visionaire began publishing yet another quarterly magazine called VMAN, which specifically targets men. Its covers feature celebrities such as Ryan Gosling, Josh Hartnett, Hayden Christensen, and David Beckham.
VisionaireFILM launched in 2014 with “130919 • A Portrait of Marina Abramovic”, a 3D film and sound installation by Matthu Placek, which was an official selection of Sundance Film Festival, Toronto International Film Festival, Vancouver International Film Festival, Stockholm Film Festival, Festival du Nouveau Cinema, and Braunschweig International Film Festival.
VisionaireFILM’s “One Look” series documented the making of a dress shown at the Dior Haute Couture SS15 show. The second film of the series documented the making of the set at Marc Jacobs' RTW FW15 show. The third the making of Viktor & Rolf's wearable art FW15 Haute Couture collection and the 4th Valentino's new mascot making its first appearance at their FW15 Haute Couture collection. These films have garnered over 2 million views.
- "Visionaire | About | Visionaire". Visionaire. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
- Susan E. Thomas (Spring 2007). "Zeroing In on Contemporary, Independent Visual Arts Magazines Zeroing In on Contemporary, Independent Visual Arts Magazines" (PDF). Art Documentation: Journal of the Art Libraries Society of North America. 26 (1). Retrieved March 8, 2017.
- Jennie Yabroff, Special to The Chronicle (November 28, 2004). "Beneath the Surface / San Francisco design zine, now 10, has spread influence far and wide and enjoyed a surge of interest for its innovative approach". SFGate. Retrieved March 1, 2013.
- "Visionaire". Visionaireworld. Retrieved March 1, 2013.
- Menkes, Suzy (November 21, 2011). "Thinking, and Literally Looking, Very Big". The New York Times. Retrieved July 8, 2016.
- "Holy chic: Christina Ricci and friends get a divine new look". The Independent. April 23, 2011. Retrieved July 8, 2016.
- Williams, Maxwell (February 22, 2016). "CAA Hosts 'Visionaire' Issue Preview". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 8, 2016.
- Verner, Amy (March 13, 2009). "Wearable Art: 54 Sport by Visionaire Magazine". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved July 8, 2016.
- "Visionaire magazine teams up John Baldessari". Vice. November 12, 2014. Retrieved July 8, 2016.
- "Visionaire's McQueen". Vogue UK. July 8, 2010. Retrieved July 8, 2016.
- Wilson, Gaby (November 3, 2011). "Lady Gaga Is Cover Mermaid For 'Visionaire' Record-Breaking Larger Than Life Issue". MTV News. Retrieved July 8, 2016.
- "Gaga to feature on 7x5 foot magazine cover". NDTV. November 6, 2011. Retrieved July 8, 2016.
- Kim, Gemma (July 7, 2016). "How 'Visionaire' became much more than a traditional print magazine". Fashionista. Retrieved July 8, 2016.