Visionary (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
|Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode|
|Episode no.||Season 3
|Directed by||Reza Badiyi|
|Teleplay by||John Shirley|
|Story by||Ethan H. Calk|
|Featured music||Jay Chattaway|
|Original air date||February 27, 1995|
Poisoned by radiation, Chief O'Brien experiences several time shifts, each five hours into the future, witnessing a bar brawl, his own death twice, and the destruction of the station. He deliberately subjects himself to more radiation in order to time shift three hours into the future to see exactly what causes the destruction. However, the radiation is too much, and O'Brien of the past dies, while the O'Brien of the future goes back in time to tell Commander Sisko that there is a cloaked Romulan D'deridex-class warbird circling the station, plotting to destroy DS9 and collapse the wormhole, cutting off further contact with the Gamma Quadrant.
At the end of the episode, O'Brien uses his little knowledge of the future to torment the profit-hungry Quark.
- O'Brien installs his dart board (cf. "Prophet Motive") in Quark's, where it would stay for the rest of the series.
- A Romulan delegation visits the station to collect intelligence on the Dominion (cf. "The Search").
- "Visionary" at the Internet Movie Database
- "Visionary" at TV.com
- Visionary at Memory Alpha (a Star Trek wiki)
- Visionary at StarTrek.com
|This article about an episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|