|Headquarters||175 E. Houston Street|
San Antonio, Texas 78205
Number of locations
|approx. 699 (as of 2015), operated under various trade names (not the ECCA name)|
|(CEO) Peter Bridgeman|
Number of employees
Visionworks of America, Inc. is an American company which operates or manages 711 optical retail stores in 40 U.S. states and the District of Columbia. The company was incorporated in 1988. It is based in Downtown San Antonio, Texas, and has about 8,000 employees.
Visionworks of America is a subsidiary of HVHC, a Highmark Inc. company. Visionwork's former parent company, ECCA Holdings Corp., merged with Pittsburgh-based HVHC in 2006, resulting in Eye Care Centers of America Inc. becoming a wholly owned Highmark subsidiary.  ECCA had 385 stores, in 36 states, at that time.
All stores sell frames, lenses, sunglasses and accessories. Comprehensive service offerings include contact lens dispensing, in-store labs, and doctors of optometry at or next to every store. Visionworks also sells contact lenses online.
- "Eye Care Centers of America hires new president, chief medical officer". San Antonio Business Journal. December 4, 2009. Retrieved July 4, 2011.
- "Eye Care Centers of America, Inc". Bloomberg Businessweek. 2009. Retrieved July 4, 2011.
- "Visionworks Teams Up with ABC's "The Chew" to Accessorize Carla Hall". BusinessWire. 11 March 2015. Retrieved 8 June 2015.
- "Visionworks plans two store openings". Pittsburgh Business Times. September 23, 2010. Retrieved July 4, 2011.
- "Highmark completes merger with Eye Care Centers of America". San Antonio Business Journal. August 6, 2006. Retrieved July 4, 2011.
- Global, V. S. P. "VSP Global Enters Into Definitive Agreement To Acquire Visionworks". www.prnewswire.com.