Vista, The Royal Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland Society for the Blind
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Vista, The Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland Society for the Blind is an independent charity that provides services for blind and partially sighted people of Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland of whom there are nearly 6000 recipients.
Today Vista is the largest provider of services in the East Midlands area for visually impaired people run as an independent charity Vista's Community Services are one of the largest and most successful in the country.
Vista has one simple aim which is to give visually impaired people the support they need to enjoy an independent life.
Vista's services include:
- Advice and Information services in Hospitals
- Assessment and Rehabilitation services
- Befriending scheme
- Day care for Older people
- Guide communicators for people with dual sensory loss
- Low Vision Clinic
- Aids to Daily Living
- Personal Care Services
- Services for children, young people and families
- Social and activity groups
- Talking newspapers
- Transport and community access services
- Visual Impairment awareness training
- Volunteering opportunities