Vista-class cruise ship (Carnival)
|Preceded by:||Dream class|
|Succeeded by:||Excellence Class|
|Length:||1,062 ft (324 m)|
|Beam:||122 ft (37 m)158 ft (48 m) at pool decks |
|Draft:||27 ft (8.2 m)|
|Installed power:||MAN Diesel & Turbo 2x8L48/60CR + 2x14V48/60CR generating sets|
|Propulsion:||Diesel-electric; Two ABB Azipod XO units|
|Speed:||23 knots (43 km/h; 26 mph)|
|Capacity:||3,936 passengers (double occupancy)|
The Carnival Vista was constructed in the Fincantieri shipyard of Monfalcone (Gorizia) and was delivered in April 2016. The first steel for the ship was cut in late February 2014, and the keel was laid in October 2014. The Carnival Vista Coin Ceremony/Float out was done in June 2015, with the ship being delivered on April 28, 2016. The Carnival Vista features outdoor spots like Havana Bar & Pool, a ropes course, mini golf, SkyRide at SportSquare (an 800-foot-long track suspended around its top deck that passengers can circle in pedal-powered capsules), and Seafood Shack plus additional spaces like the first IMAX at sea. The Vista has custom Cuban themed staterooms and new Family Harbor staterooms. The Clubhouse features indoor activities like mini-bowling and arcade-style basketball, soccer, volleyball, and table tennis. The ship also has SkyGreens, a mini golf course on Deck 12.
The second Vista ship, the Carnival Horizon was delivered to Carnival in March 2018. Like the Carnival Vista, the Carnival Horizon features SkyRide, an IMAX Theatre, a Water Works aqua park which is themed after Dr. Seuss characters, and Carnival’s Seuss at Sea programme. She also has some unique new attractions such as Bonsai Teppanyaki and Guy's Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse | Brewhouse.
In 2019 and 2020 Fincantieri was expected to deliver one ship to P&O Cruises Australia and two ships for Costa Crociere, however on December 15, 2016 Carnival Corporation announced that the ship that was to set sail for P&O Cruises Australia in 2019 would now be sailing for Carnival Cruise Line. P&O was then set to receive a retro fitted Carnival Splendor instead, however in September 2017, it was announced that Carnival Splendor will stay in the Carnival fleet and P&O Cruises Australia will get Princess Cruises Golden Princess in 2020.
|2016||Carnival Vista||Carnival Cruise Line||Fincantieri, Monfalcone||133,500 GT||Panama||First Vista-class ship|
|2018||Carnival Horizon||Carnival Cruise Line||Fincantieri, Marghera||133,500 GT||Panama|
|2019||Costa Venezia||Costa Crociere||Fincantieri, Monfalcone||135,500 GT||Italy||Ship designated for Costa's China fleet
keel laid on 1 November 2017. Floated out on 22 June 2018.
|2019||Carnival Panorama||Carnival Cruise Line||Fincantieri, Marghera||135,500 GT||Panama||Originally set for P&O Cruises Australia, but changed to Carnival on December 15, 2016. Now P&O Cruises Australia will get Golden Princess from Princess Cruises.
Construction started on 7 July 2017.
Keel laid in January 2018
|2020||TBA||Costa Crociere||Fincantieri, Marghera||135,500 GT||Italy||Ship designated for Costa's China fleet
construction started on 25 May 2018
- Why Carnival Vista Will Be The Best Fun Ship Ever Ports of Call, January 25, 2015. Retrieved February 3, 2015.
- ABB wins $180 million in orders from cruise ship builders in 2013 ABB, December 6, 2013. Retrieved December 6, 2013.
- "Keel-Laying Ceremony Held For New Carnival Vista; 133,500-Ton Ship Set To Debut In Spring 2016" (Press release). Carnival Cruise Line. October 14, 2014. Retrieved December 23, 2014.
- "Carnival Vista - What You Need to Know". Cruise Radio. 2015-01-22. Retrieved 2016-01-26.
- Gene Sloan (2015-01-26). "Latest gee-whiz cruise attraction: Open-air "sky ride"". 9news.com. Retrieved 2016-01-26.
- Gibson, Rebecca (August 1, 2016). "Carnival to name newbuild Carnival Horizon". Cruise&Ferry.net. Retrieved August 2, 2016.
- Sayles, Jill (August 2, 2016). "Carnival Cruise Line's new ship to be named Carnival Horizon". Cruise Trade News. Retrieved August 2, 2016.
- "FINCANTIERI: 4 CRUISE SHIPS FOR CARNIVAL The units for Costa Asia, P&O Australia and Princess Cruises are part of the historic program signed in March with a value of roughly 2.5 billion euros" (PDF). 2015-12-30. Retrieved 2016-10-17.
- "News Release - Carnival Corporation". phx.corporate-ir.net. Retrieved 2016-12-15.
- "Carnival Orders Two Vista Class Cruise Ships For China". 2016-09-23. Retrieved 2016-10-17.
- "Carnival to Build Two Vista-Class Cruise Ships in China for Chinese Market". 2016-09-23. Retrieved 2016-10-17.
- "Carnival, Fincantieri Make China Ship Order Official". 2017-02-22. Retrieved 2017-02-22.
- "Fincantieri : Une première série de six paquebots à construire en Chine". 2017-02-22. Retrieved 2017-02-22.
- "Costa Holds Coin Ceremony for China-Bound Venezia". 2017-11-01. Retrieved 2017-11-01.
- "Costa Cruises Holds Coin Ceremony for Costa Venezia". 2017-11-01. Retrieved 2017-11-01.
- "WORKS START IN MARGHERA ON THE THIRD "VISTA" CLASS UNIT FOR CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE". 2017-07-07. Retrieved 2017-07-08.