Vista Ridge High School
|Vista Ridge High School|
|Motto||"Preparing our students to be the best for the world."|
|School district||Leander Independent School District|
|Principal||Paul Johnson aka PJ|
|Color(s)||Red, Black & Silver|
|Athletics conference||UIL Conference AAAAAA (2016-) Class AAAAA (2014-2016) Class AAAA (2010-2014) Class AAAAA (2008-2010) Class AAAA (2006-2008) TAAPS (2003-2006)|
|Nickname||VRHS, VR, Vista, The Ridge, Vista Fridge|
Vista Ridge High School (VRHS) is a high school in Cedar Park, Texas. The school was established in 2003 to serve as the 3rd high school in the Leander Independent School District, graduating its Alpha class June 2007. The school was built due to the rapid growth in the area, and continues to grow with the recent construction of its auditorium and John Gupton Stadium. Vista Ridge is a part of the 6A UIL Conference as of the 2016-2017 school year.
The following middle schools feed into VRHS:
- Artie Henry Middle School (majority)
- Florence Stiles Middle School (majority)
- Cedar Park Middle School (minority)
- Running Brushy Middle School (minority)
- Bernice Knox Wiley Middle School (minority)
- Vista Ridge won the Sweepstakes Award at the Austin Regional Science Fair in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015
2013-2014 school year
2012-2013 school year 2011-2012 school year
- Eighteen students advanced to the ExxonMobil State Science and Engineering Fair in San Antonio
2010-2011 2009-2010 2008-2009
2007-08 school year
- Twenty-five students advanced to the ExxonMobil Texas State Science and Engineering Fair in San Antonio.
- Vivian Lee '08 (individual) and Rachel Sullivan '09 and Emily Wagoner '09 (team) advanced to Intel ISEF in Atlanta, Georgia after winning Best of Fair at Regionals. Vivian won 2nd in her category while at the Intel ISEF, along with other various prizes
2006-07 school year
- Eleven students advanced to the ExxonMobil Texas State Science and Engineering Fair in San Antonio. Vivian Lee (class of 2008) won Honorable Mention in Microbiology, Nicole Noack (class of 2009) won a meteorology special award, and Erik Bilansky (class of 2007) won a special award.
- Erik Bilansky (class of 2008) advanced to the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) in Albuquerque, New Mexico after winning Best of Fair at Regionals. (May 13–19)
2005-06 school year
- Fourteen students advanced to the ExxonMobil Texas State Science and Engineering Fair in San Antonio. Patrick Lavin (class of 2007) won 1st place in his category, Vivian Lee (class of 2008) won 3rd place in Microbiology, and another Jessica Guest (class of 2008) was granted a scholarship.
2004-05 school year
- Nine students advanced to the ExxonMobil Texas State Science and Engineering Fair in San Antonio. Jessica Guest (class of 2008) received a special award.
- Megan Pendleton (class of 2007) advanced to the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair in Phoenix, Arizona.
2003-04 school year (when the school only had freshmen students)
- Megan Pendleton (class of 2007) and Patrick Lavin (class of 2007) advanced to the ExxonMobil Texas State Science and Engineering Fair at Texas Tech University.
Vista Ridge is home to a Navy Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps The unit has approximately 130 cadets and is still growing. Vista Ridge's NJROTC was awarded Distinguished Unit in 2012. The unit has an Air Rifle Marksmanship team, both Armed and Unarmed drill teams, a Color Guard team, Academics, PT, Orienteering and Cyber Patriot teams.
- UIL 6A Texas State Marching Band Contest Champions-2018,2020,2022
- UIL 5A Texas State Marching Band Contest Finalists-2015
- UIL 4A Texas State Marching Band Contest Bronze Medalist-2013
- UIL 4A Texas State Marching Band Contest Finalists-2007
- Consistent UIL Sweepstakes at UIL Region Marching
- Bands of America San Antonio Super Regional Finalists- 2014,2018
- Bands of America Austin Regional Finalists- 2015,2016,2017,2018
- Bands of America Southlake/Dallas Regional Finalists- 2017
- Sudler Shield Recipient- 2017
- Academic Decathlon'
- Paper club (For the love of paper)
- Sitting Club (Where we sit)
- Anime Club
- Art Club
- Athletic Booster Club
- CARE - Christ Among Rangers Everyday
- Computer Application Programming Society
- Diversity Club
- FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- FCCLA - Family, Career and Community Leaders of America
- FFA - Future Farmers Of America
- Film Appreciation Society
- French Club
- Fortnite Club (Motto: Where we dropping boys!?)
- Gaming Club
- GAPP - German American Partnership Program
- GEARS - Gaming Creation and Researching
- German Club
- Guitar Club
- Invisible Children
- Improv Club
- Key Club
- Knitting Club
- Latin Club
- Math Club
- Multimedia Club
- National Honor Society
- PALs (Peer Assistance & Leadership)
- RADD - Rangers Against Destructive Decisions /SADD
- RAP - Rangers Assisting Peers
- Saltwater Aquarium Club
- Sci-Fi/Fantasy Club
- Spanish Club
- Speech & Debate Team
- Star Steppers
- Student Council
- Thespian Society
- Volunteer Program
- The Word (School Newspaper)
- TAFE (Texas Association of Future Educators)
- Tyler Patmon, NFL player, with the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Khiry Shelton, MLS player, with Sporting Kansas City.
- "VISTA RIDGE H S". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved February 5, 2019.
- http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/roster/_/name/jax/jacksonville-jaguars. Retrieved 19 August 2018. Missing or empty
- Shelton, Khiry. MLSsoccer.com. NA https://www.mlssoccer.com/players/khiry-shelton. Retrieved 22 November 2018. Missing or empty
- VRHS page
- VRHS Band Booster's page
- NJROTC page
- Leander Independent School dist.
- VRHS Overview
- VRHS Volleyball In Playoffs - Corpus Christi Caller News
- Vista Ridge's Ashley Isham Wins Big at State Track Meet - Fox 7 Austin
- VRHS Track at 2008 UIL State Meet - Austin American-Statesman
- Vista Ridge Wrestlers Head to State - Fox 7 Austin
- VRHS among Central Texas Top Athletes of 2007-2008 School Year - Austin American-Statesman
- Star Steppers Webpage
- The Word webpage