Vista Ridge Mall
|Location||Lewisville in Denton County, TX, United States|
|Opening date||October 4, 1989|
|Developer||Homart Development Company, Herring Marathon Group Inc., and JCP Realty Inc.|
|No. of stores and services||130|
|No. of anchor tenants||4|
|Total retail floor area||1,046,000 sq ft (97,200 m2)|
|No. of floors||2|
Vista Ridge Mall is a shopping mall in Lewisville, Texas, USA owned and managed by The Woodmont Company. Constructed in 1989, it is located on the southwest corner of Round Grove Road and the portion of Interstate 35E known as Stemmons Freeway. It contains 160 stores, four of which are anchor tenants: Dillard's, JCPenney, Macy's (formerly Foley's), and Sears.
The mall had its grand opening on October 4, 1989, with Sears and Dillards as its initial anchor stores. By March 1990, an additional 19 stores had opened including The Gap, Casual Corner, and The Limited and Vista Ridge Mall was 65 percent leased. The mall added a third anchor store when J.C. Penney opened its Vista Ridge Mall store on August 1, 1990. The fourth anchor store to open was a Foley's, a unit of May Department Stores, as part of an expansion push by the chain.
In 1991, the mall underwent interior renovations to make the indoor areas more appealing.
When Vista Ridge Mall opened in 1989, it included a 12-screen Cinemark theater, whose marquee and ticket office were in the center court of the mall. In 2006, Cinemark constructed an attached 15 screen movie theater to the mall (it contains entrances both inside and outside the mall) and relocated there upon completion. (As of August, 2015, the original theater remains unused.)
- "Vista Ridge Mall celebrates grand opening in Lewisville". Dallas Morning News. 1989-10-05.
Vista Ridge Mall, a joint venture by Homart Development Co., Herring Marathon Group Inc. and JCP Realty Inc., celebrated its grand opening Wednesday in Lewisville. Located on Stemmons freeway, Vista Ridge was completed under a two-phase development with national and local stores, restaurants, a 12-cinema complex and upon completion, six major department stores. The shopping center is currently anchored by Sears Roebuck and Co. and Dillards Department Stores.
- General Growth Properties Vista Ridge Center Information. Retrieved Feb 14, 2007.
- Waller, Susan (1990-03-04). "New Vista Ridge Mall attracting interest, shoppers". Dallas Morning News.
- Baldwin, Pat (1990-07-24). "Penney's store opens Aug. 1". Dallas Morning News.
- "Foley's plans to open store at Lewisville mall". Dallas Morning News. 1989-05-10.
- Wuntch, Philip (1989-12-03). "Lewisville joins the return to theater elegance with Movies 12". Dallas Morning News.
|This article about a building or structure in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|