Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology
|विश्वेश्वरय्या राष्ट्रीय प्रौद्योगिकी संस्थान, नागपुर|
Regional College of Engineering, Nagpur (REC)Visvesvaraya Regional College of Engineering, Nagpur (VRCE)
|Motto||योगः कर्मसु कौशलम्
Yogah Karmasu Kaushalam
Motto in English
|Excellence in action is yoga.|
|Chairman||Mr. Vishram Jamdar|
|Dean||Dr. S.R. Sathe (Planning & Development), Dr. O.R. Jaiswal (Academic), Dr. R.K.Ingle (Faculty Welfare), Dr. H.M. Suryawanshi (Research & Consultancy), Dr. G.P. Singh (Students' Welfare)|
|Director||Dr. Narendra S. Chaudhari|
|Location||Nagpur, Maharashtra, India
215 acres (87 ha)
Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur (abbreviated VNIT Nagpur), also referred to as NIT Nagpur, formerly Regional College of Engineering, Nagpur (REC) and Visvesvaraya Regional College of Engineering, Nagpur (VRCE), is a premier public engineering and research institution in India. It is located in Nagpur, Maharashtra, in central India. The institute has been consistently ranked among the best fifteen engineering colleges in India. It was established in June 1960 by the Government of India and later named in honor of engineer, planner and statesman, Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya.
VNIT Nagpur is federally-funded and belongs to the National Institutes of Technology (NIT) system. In 2007, the institute was conferred the status of Institute of National Importance (INI) alongside other NITs and IITs by an Act of Parliament of India. The institute awards bachelors, masters and doctoral degrees in engineering, technology and architecture.
- 1 History
- 2 Campus
- 3 Administration
- 4 Academics
- 5 Student life
- 6 Halls of residence
- 7 Alumni
- 8 References
The Government started fourteen Regional Engineering Colleges (RECs) between 1959 and 1965 at Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Durgapur, Kurukshetra, Jamshedpur, Jaipur, Nagpur, Rourkela, Srinagar, Surathkal, Surat, Trichy and Warangal. The institute at Nagpur was established as the Regional College of Engineering, Nagpur in 1960, under an educational program of the Government of India. The State College of Engineering, established in 1956 in the same city, was then merged with the institute.
The first academic session at REC Nagpur started in June 1960, with classes temporarily being held at the Government Polytechnic, Nagpur. Subsequently, the Maharashtra Government granted 200 acres (81 ha) to the college for building its campus.
In 1962, the Board of Governors of the college resolved to name the college VRCE Nagpur after Sir Visvesvaraya.
In 2002, MHRD Minister Murli Manohar Joshi decided to upgrade all RECs to "National Institutes of Technology" (NITs). The upgrade was designed along the lines of the prestigious Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). The central government controls NITs and provides all funding.
VNIT Nagpur faculty and staff mentored the newly established National Institute of Technology Mizoram during the academic year 2010-11. VNIT Nagpur is currently the mentor institute for the newly established Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Nagpur.
Indian Institute of Management Nagpur
The VNIT Nagpur campus is located in the western part of Nagpur city near Ambazari Lake, about 7 kilometres (4.3 mi) from Nagpur Railway Station and 8 kilometres (5.0 mi) from Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport, Nagpur. There are three main entrances to the 225 acres (91 ha) campus: the Main Gate on South Ambazari Road, the Bajaj Nagar Gate and the Yashwant Nagar Gate.
Most students live on the campus, which has over 12 men's hostels and 2 women's hostels. On-campus housing for faculty is also available as an option. The campus is fully networked using fiber optic cables.
The campus health-care center caters to primary and urgent care requirements of students and staff. The campus has facilities for auditoriums, a computer center, sporting facilities, a State Bank of India branch, a Canara Bank branch, cafes, coffee shops, a co-operative store and a post office.
Chandrama is an on-campus all night canteen, open since 1978. The India Coffee House also operates a day canteen inside the campus.
The institute campus has been declared a green zone, which includes a ban on the usage of powered vehicles.
The NIT Council is the supreme governing body of India's National Institutes of Technology (NIT) system. VNIT Nagpur is a deemed university under the University Grants Commission (India). As an institute with university status, it operates with complete autonomy in financial, academic and administrative matters. The institute's Board of Governors governs the institute. The board has representatives from the Government of India, Government of Maharashtra, All India Council for Technical Education, University Grants Commission (India), the institute's faculty, and illustrious Indian scientists and technologists.
The Student Council, composed of selected student representatives, plays an active role in various student affairs such as academics, training & placement, technical affairs, sports and cultural activities.
Departments, Laboratories and Research Centers
VNIT Nagpur has various academic departments, with over 30 specialized laboratories and research centers.
Departments and Laboratories
- Applied Chemistry
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Mechanics
- Applied Physics
- Applied Statistics
- Applied and Environmental Microbiology
- Architecture and Planning
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Computational Physics
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Geoscience and Technology
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Hydrologic Engineering
- Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Urban Design & Planning
- Center of Excellence for Commbedded Systems
- Computer Aided Design/Computer Aided Manufacturing(CAD/CAM) Center
- Material Engineering Center
- Center for Remote Sensing
- Center for Water Resources
- Center for VLSI and Nanotechnology
- Incubation Center (CIVN: Center for Innovation)
- Computer Center
- Network Center
- Library and Information Center
- Students and Sports Activity Center
Undergraduate programs are offered in Architecture (B.Arch) and 8 Engineering (B.Tech) disciplines:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Mining Engineering
The Engineering undergraduate programs are usually of four-year duration, while Architecture has a five-year program. The institute accepts an incoming freshman class size of up to 798 students.
Graduate and research programs, leading to Master's (M.Arch and M.Tech) and Ph.D. degrees, are offered by the Architecture and all 8 Engineering departments. A range of special fields of study are available in graduate and research programs in each discipline. The institute will soon offer Aeronautical Engineering. Up to 350 students are admitted to the Master's program each year.
The institute uses relative grading on a 10-point scale.
Till 2012-13, admission to the undergraduate courses (B.Tech) at NITs was through the All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE), which according to the number of applicants was the largest single-day exam in the world. From the year 2013-14, admission to the undergraduate courses (B.Tech) is through the highly competitive Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Mains. The National Institutes of Technology (NITs) have one of the lowest acceptance rates for engineering institutes, of around 2 to 3 percent, second only to the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) in India.
From 2015, Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSSA) conducts common counselling and allocates seats jointly for all Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), National Institutes of Technology (NITs) and Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs). In 2015, over 1,300,000 candidates appeared for the JEE exam for admission to 28,000 undergraduate engineering seats (B.Tech) in 68 centrally-funded technical institutes that included all 19 IITs (10,000 seats), 31 NITs (15,500 seats) and 18 IIITs (2,500 seats).
- Computer Science and Engineering: 0.33 percent
- Electronics and Communication Engineering: 0.58 percent
- Mechanical Engineering: 0.67 percent
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering: 0.82 percent
- Civil Engineering: 1.23 percent
- Chemical Engineering: 1.50 percent
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering: 2.18 percent
- Mining Engineering: 2.61 percent
Undergraduate admissions for foreign students and NRIs are done through Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA) scheme which considers SAT scores.
80% of students to the postgraduate programs (M.Tech) are admitted based on performance in the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) conducted by the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and the Indian Institute of Science (IISc). These students receive stipends and tuition assistance from the institute and the Indian government. Another 20% of students are admitted based on industry or other research organization sponsorship, with full tuition typically paid by the sponsoring institution.
The institute invites applications for PhD degree admissions in all departments, every academic year.
|University and college rankings|
|Engineering – India|
|Medical - India|
|Business – India|
VNIT Nagpur has been ranked the 14th best Engineering College in India in the Edu-Rand Rankings of 2015. The survey was done jointly by Edu, an Indian company and Rand Corporation, a non-profit American think-tank.
In 2015, VNIT Nagpur was also ranked 11th in India by Times in its Engineering Institute Rankings.
Recently, VNIT Nagpur has been ranked 18th nationally in the engineering schools ranking conducted by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, under the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIFR).
Academic Collaboration and Sponsored Research
VNIT Nagpur regularly hosts conferences, exhibitions and conducts workshops. The institute organized more than 60 conferences, short term training programs and workshops in the year 2015 in which distinguished personalities including Honorable Ex-President of India Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam visited the institute.
The 18th National Seminar on Aerospace Structures (NASAS) was organized by VNIT Nagpur in association with Jawaharlal Nehru Aluminium Research Development and Design Centre (JNARDDC) Nagpur, Aeronautical Research and Development Board (AR & DB), Ministry of Defence, Government of India, New Delhi and Maintenance Command, Indian Air Force, Nagpur.
The institute has academic collaboration with the many universities in India and abroad. During the year 2015 alone, VNIT Nagpur signed 7 MoUs with International Universities and 21 MoUs with National Institutions, Laboratories and Industries. These collaborative programmes include student and faculty exchange, internships for students and joint research activities among others. Some of the major universities which have a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with VNIT Nagpur are:
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal
- National Institute of Technology Raipur
- National Institute of Technology, Uttarakhand
- College of Engineering, Pune
- Aichi Gakuin University, Japan
- ESIEE Paris, France
- Belarusian National Technical University, Belarus
- Belarusian State University of Informatics and Radioelectronics, Belarus
- New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA
- Beijing Normal University, China
- Hunan University, China
- Southwest University for Nationalities, China
- Jiangshu University, China
- ISAN Medical Institute, South Korea
VNIT Nagpur was one of 12 institutes selected by the MHRD, Government of India, for the BRICS Network University on behalf of India. The institute was identified for the knowledge field ‘Ecology and Climate Change’ and participated in the Indian delegation that attended the Conference of the BRICS held at Ekaterinburg, Russia. A special protocol to the MoU on the establishment of the BRICS Network University was signed by Dr Narendra Chaudhari, Director, VNIT Nagpur.
Departments of the institute are involved in various research projects funded by the Department of Science and Technology (India) and other public and private corporations. VNIT Nagpur has been granted World Bank assisted technical project for Applied Research in Combedded Systems with the status of Center of Excellence (CoE) under the Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme Phase-II (TEQIP-II). This program includes a grant of Rs. 5 crore. Such a center at VNIT Nagpur is one among six National Institutes of Technology centers which have got the status of Center of Excellence.
A team from the faculty of Applied Mechanics (structural dynamics and earthquake engineering) at the institute was asked by NGO SEEDS to visit Nepal in the aftermath of the earthquake in 2015 for providing technical support to them. The team from the department had earlier visited Gujarat when an earthquake struck the state in 2001 and Andaman and Nicobar Islands in 2004 when a tsunami struck there after a massive quake in Sumatra, Indonesia.
Nagpur Metro Rail Corporation Limited (NMRCL) has tied-up with VNIT Nagpur for testing facilities and inputs on the metro's structural drawings, inspection and testing of materials.
VNIT Nagpur has adopted nine villages in Amravati, Nagpur and Jalgaon districts under the Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA) aimed at bringing grass roots level changes in rural areas through technological interventions from academic and research institutes, without affecting the local culture.
The institute has an active Industry Institute Interaction Cell and International Affairs Cell.
Student Bodies and Committees
The institute has a very vibrant campus life with as many as 30 clubs and student organizations. These clubs span and promote a variety of interests such as technical, cultural, literary, debating, quizzing, sports, social service etc. among the students. It hosts an active chapter of SPIC MACAY, which promotes classical Indian music, dance and culture. Hamsdhwani is a student Hindustani classical music group. A number of semi-professional rock bands and music groups form at VNIT Nagpur and perform at college events. Past popular bands have included Drakshya, Glasnost, Morphine, Rust, Saints of Metal and Vighn. Some student clubs and groups at the institute are:
- Hallabol – Dramatics Club
- Hamsdhwani – Hindustani classical music group
- SPIC-MACAY VNIT Chapter
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) VNIT Chapter
- Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers (IICHE) Students Chapter
- SAE India VNIT Chapter
- The Institution of Engineers (India) VNIT Students Chapter
- Quiz Pro. Co. – Quizzing Club
- E-Cell – Entrepreneurship Cell
- Robobank – Robotics Club
- Lynx – Adventure Club
- Prayaas – Social Awareness group
- Octaves – Music Club
- Agon – Debate Club
- Club Capture – Photography Club
- Programming Club
- Astronomy Club
- Alumni Club
- Mag.com – Literary Club
- Grooves – Dance Club
- LoveForPhysics – Physics Club
The student clubs host a number of annual fests or events, inviting participants from colleges across the nation. These fests include:
- Axis, a science and technology fest
- Aarohi, a music and cultural festival
- Consortium, an entrepreneurship and business management event
A gymnasium and various sports facilities for cricket, lawn tennis, football, basketball, volleyball, athletics are available on the campus. An Indoor Games Complex has been built for indoor sports such as badminton, table-tennis among others. College teams also participate in regional championships and the Inter-NIT Sports Tournament. The 8 engineering departments and the architecture department compete in a number of sports during Institute Gathering, which is an annual week-long event organized in January–February.
Halls of residence
The institute has 12 halls of residence for men and 2 for women. Staff residences for teaching and non-teaching staff members are also available.
VNIT Nagpur has a strong alumni network referred as VNITAA. Over the years, alumni of VNIT Nagpur have taken up strategic positions in organisations around the world. Alumni include prominent academics and business executives. The institute has an active alumni network, with chapters across India, in the United States and in Europe.
The Alumni Cell at VNIT Nagpur manages interactions with the alumni network and keeps them involved in important events at the institute.
Alumni occupy a number of senior executive positions in India and abroad. Some notable alumni of the institute include:
Public and defence services
- Hemant Karkare, Late Chief of Mumbai Anti-Terrorist Squad
- K Ravikiran, Rear Admiral, Indian Navy
- Air Marshal Jayant Satchidanand Apte (PVSM)(AVSM), Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Maintenance Command, Indian Air Force
- Air Vice Marshal PP Khandekar, First Commandant and Director, Military Institute of Training (Establishment under DRDO)
- Air Vice Marshal Dattatray Keshao Pande (AVSM), Assistant Chief of Air Staff (Maintenance Plans), Indian Air Force
- Shishir Deshpande, Air Commodore, Indian Air Force
- Nitish Kumar, Deputy Inspector General, National Investigation Agency
- Pravin Kumar Mehta, Project Director (Ground Systems & IA Program), DRDO
- Neelam Saxena Chandra, Joint Secretary Union Public Service Commission
- Jeetendra Singh, Director (Infrastructure), Planning Commission (India)
- Sanjay Joshi, former member of the Bhartiya Janata Party national executive
- Sachin Kurve, District Collector, Nagpur
- Sunil Soni, Principal Secretary, Planning and Development Commissioner, Govt. of Maharashtra; Director General, Bureau of Indian Standards, Govt. of India
- Parmanand Singh, Secretary, Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commission
- Abhijit Thorat, Indian Revenue Service (IRS)
- Dimple Desai, CD Director, Dept. of Housing, Connecticut, USA
- Ramnivas Miniyar, Chief- Project Management and GIS, United States Air Force
Business and corporate
- Dr. Dinesh Keskar, President, Boeing India
- Anupam Batura, Senior Vice President, Citigroup, USA
- Anil Saboo, Vice President, SAP, USA
- Prasanna S. Ayer, Vice President, Wells Fargo, USA
- Harsh Vardhan, Head of Financial Services, Bain & Company India, Partner and Director, Boston Consulting Group, USA
- Arjun Cholkar, Director of Engineering, Yahoo!, USA
- Shrimati Manavalan, Chief Finance Officer, Majid Al Futtaim Group, UAE
- Rajesh Kalra, MD, WS Atkins, USA
- Nitin Bawankule, Industry Director, E-commerce and Online Classifieds, Google India
- Upendra Mardikar, Director of Security Architecture, PayPal, USA
- Niranjan Deo, Director- Business Planning, Microsoft Corporation, USA
- Rajendra Jadhav, Vice President, Bombardier Transportation, USA
- Neeraj Jaitley, Vice President, Dell, USA
- Shoeb Javed, Chief Technology Officer, Worksoft, USA
- Gautam Malik, Chief Financial Officer, Xerox Canada
- Sharad Aggarwal, Vice President, Godfrey Phillips India
- Vaibhav Kaple, Executive Director, J.P. Morgan, USA
- Ravi Athalye, Director, Banking and Financial Services, CGI Group, Canada
- Shibani Sanam, Engineering Director, Google, USA
- Nitin M Ambhaikar, Vice President, Reliance Industries
- Vikas Srivastava, Managing Director, Johnson & Johnson, India
- Rohit Suri, President, Jaguar Land Rover India
- Shashi Mandapaty, Vice President, Johnson & Johnson, USA
- Vinayak S. Gurjur, Chief Risk Officer, CommonBond, USA
- Vinita Gongade,Vice President, Oracle America, USA
- Vidyut Arte, MD, Beam Suntory India
- Sandeep Kulkarni, Director, Yahoo!
- Raju Shukla, MD, Barclays Capital, Singapore; Director, Deutsche Bank
- Sujit Jain, Regional President, Robert Bosch LLC, North America
- Rohit Sharma, Director, Citigroup, USA
- Ranobroto Dutta, Director-IT, Western Union, USA
- Nikhil Bobde, Director-Engineering, Facebook, USA
- Prasad Modali, Drone Engineering Director, Intel Corporation, USA
- Jasmit Kohli, Vice-President/Director- Risk Analytics, Springleaf Financial Services, USA
- Bhaskar Mulakaluri, Director-QA and Release, Hewlett Packard, USA
- Vikas Sunkad, Director- Business Development, The Coca Cola Company, India
- Samir Damle, Director, Clarabridge, USA
- Surekha Deshpande, Director-Sales, Capgemini, Hong Kong
- Dr.Y. Manohar, Director of HR, Rashtriya Ispat Nigam
- Ravi Ramaswamy, Sr. Director & Head Healthcare, Philips Innovation Campus
- Jayarama Chalasani, MD and Group CEO, Punj Lloyd
- Prakash M Telang, Director, Tata Advanced Systems Limited
- Chandan Roy, Operating Director, I Squared Capital; Former Director, NTPC Limited, Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited. Independent Director, Alstom T&D India Limited, Jindal Power Limited
- Anup K. Mehra, Director, MOIL Limited
- Sameer Deshmukh, Vice-President, Bank of America Merrill, USA
- Ranjeet Kate, CEO, Metropolitan Media Company
- Dilip Karandikar, Vice-President, American Express, USA
- Rakesh Tumane, CFO, Director Finance of the Board, India Rare Earths
- Kanchan Jain, CEO, Religare Credit Advisors LLP
- Ashwani Bansal, Senior Director- Advanced Customer Services, Oracle India
- M.S Unnikrishnan, MD & CEO, Thermax India Private Limited
- Sandeep Maity, Director- Business Excellence, Asia-Pacific and India (API) Region, Danfoss Drives
- Jagdish Ramaswamy, President, Aditya Birla Management Group; Chief Operating Officer, The Akshaya Patra Foundation
- Harshal Gaikwad, Senior Director- Digital Solutions Practice, Mindtree, USA
- Jayant Dhamne, Vice-President- Data Warehouse and Big Data, Optum, UnitedHealth Group, USA
- Kamal Kishore Sarda, Chairman & Managing Director, Sarda Energy & Minerals Limited
- Inder Tallur, Managing Director, BelHealth Investment Partners, USA
- Sulabh Srivastava, Chief Technology Officer, Sparrow Health System, USA
- Arunav Das, Head of Payments and Cash Management Product (Europe), HSBC, UK
- Rajat Lal, Global Leader-Tranformation Consulting Services, EMC Corporation; President and COO, Semanteon, USA
- Guru Kashyap, Vice-President Product Management, Deloitte, USA
- Rohit Agarwal, Executive Director, Ernst & Young, India
- Manoj Saraf, Managing Director, Ferro Alloys Corporation
- Suhas Baxi, Managing Director- South Asia, Konecranes; President and CEO Pennar Industries Ltd, MD & CEO, Demag Cranes India
- Kamesh Gupta, COO, Tata Industrial Services Limited
- Ranjeet Kate, Director-Times Language Business, The Times Group
- Kapil Kapoor, Director, PTC Inc., USA
- Shri Iyer, Director- Marketing and Global Product Management, Philips, USA
- Ishdeep Sabharwal, Senior Director Operations, NTT Data Enterprise Services, USA
- Kishore Gajbhiye, President of Regulatory Affairs, Lodha Group
- Piyush Chourasia, Chief Risk Officer & Strategy, Indian Clearing Corporation Limited (Group Company of Bombay Stock Exchange)
- Rajendra Ganatra, MD & CEO, India SME Asset Reconstruction Company Limited
- Tarang Puranik, Chief Operating Officer, Infosys Lodestone
- Sajal Mukherjee, CEO, Oracle Financial Services Software Inc, USA
- Vinay Pradhan, Director- Flow Control Market Area, Metso India
- Kishan Nair, Senior Vice-President Bank Segment Operations/Channel Banking Operations, Bank of America, USA
- Nikhil Jain, Director- Sales and Solutions Delivery, Net Matrix Solutions, USA
- Arun Menon, Director- Software, Juniper Networks
- Jairam Panch, Managing Director, Turner India, Turner Construction Company
- Nitin Kulkarni, Chief Operating Officer & Executive Director, Persistent Systems
- Ashish Saraf, Vice-President, Airbus Group
- Krish Subramanian, Chief Delivery Officer, Ness Technologies
- Anshum Jain, Chief Operating Officer, Wirtgen India
- Amit Garg, Head of Global Business Development, Edelweiss Financial Services
- Sharad Somani, Executive Director, KPMG Singapore
- Satish Kumar G.V., Vice-President and Head- IMS Enterprise, Tech Mahindra, USA
- Raju Kohad, Executive Director, Morgan Stanley, USA
- Rajeev Singh, Vice-President and Chief Delivery Officer, Minacs Group
- Rajdeep Endow, Managing Director, SapientNitro India
- Rabindra Chakraborty, President and Board Member, Senslytics Corporation, USA
- S. Anjani Kumar, Senior Director, Monitor Deloitte
- Nirmal Assudani, Senior Sales Director, Oracle Applications Services- North America(Central Region)
- Vasudevan Ramaswami, Chief Executive, L&T Housing Finance Limited
- Atul Bhardwaj, Director, Maxon Motor India
- B.V. Sriraman, Managing Director- Capability Network, Accenture, India
- Sanjeev Mahajan, Vice-President, M&T Bank, USA
- Jagadish Math, Director Operations and Business Head- GIS(India), Rolta India
- Faris Abur, Executive Director, Consolidated Gulf Company, Qatar
- Sunil Dias, Director, KPMG India
- Ravi Ninawe, Director and Head Global Supply Chain Management, WaterHealth International
- Manish Munshi, Procurement Director, Cisco Systems; Executive Director- Global Procurement, Dell
- Prasad Kale, Director- Solutions/CEM/NPM/SOC (South East Asia), Huawei Technologies
- Alok Gaur, Vice-President, Collabera, USA
- Bhushan Indane, Global Practice Director, Bristlecone Inc, USA
- Vivek Dixit, Vice-President, Gartner Advisory, Americas; Board Member, Poshly Inc, USA
- Saikat Maiti, EVP, Chief Security and Trust Officer, Personal Capital, USA
- Anup Vidyarthy, Chief Information Officer, Beacon Health Options, USA
- Salim Hemdani, Vice President, Mixpo
- Sundararaman Iyer, Senior Vice-President, Reliance Industries Limited
- Dattatray Pande, Director, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
- Vijay Gopineedi, CEO, Rootshell Inc, USA
- Lalit Lahoty, CEO, Developer Building Contracting LLC, UAE
- Amit Chatterjee, Country Director, HP Software Division India
- Pankaj Kulshreshtha, CEO, Scienaptic. Former SVP, Analytics and Research Genpact, USA
- Kedar Morarka, President/CEO, IPW Inc, USA
- Neelesh Hundekari, Director, KPMG India; Partner, A.T. Kearney
- Govindarajan Jagannathan, CEO, Transconn International, USA
- Milind Gokarn, President/CEO, Selectiva, USA
- Dinesh Jain, CEO, Amsoft, USA
- Ashok Damre, CEO, RBA Energy Group, USA
- Deepak Deoghare, Executive Business Unit Director, Faiveley Transport
- Puneet Mehrotra, Director- Industrial, TE Connectivity; Vice-President India Region, Belden India
- Ambrish Jain, Senior Vice-President, TAL Apparel, Hong Kong; Marketing Director, Procter and Gamble
- Mahesh Deshpande, Head of IT, Asia, Calyon Financial
- Bala Janakiraman, CEO, BluePay Processing, USA
- Manoj T.R., CEO, Integrated Oilfield Supply and Services, Oman
- Rahul Petkar, CEO, Polaris Financial Technology, Canada
- Venkata Ramana Potturu, Managing Director, Knorr Bremse SCV India
- Manish Jaiswal, Head of Business- SME Ratings, CRISIL Limited
- Sharad Junghare, Head- Asia Pacific, HireRight
- Brijesh Gupta, CEO, Atha Group
- Ashish Mishra, Director Supply Chain, Wrigley
- Sudesh Gahlod, Director, Sapient, Principal, Vindhya Systems, South Africa
- Dr. Mukund Sant, President and Director, TB Wood's, India
- Sudhir Dhotey, Managing Director, Daetwyler SwissTec India
- Manohar Yelisetti, Director, Vizag Steel
- Dr. Ram Kumar, Director of Transportation, Arcadis, USA
- Sunil Ghadge, Director(Technical), Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL)
- Bala Meshram, Senior VP- IT, Shipping Corporation of India
- Perry Pise, Director, Petrofac, USA
- Shyam Shanker, Director - Business & Commercial, Bennett Coleman & Co. Ltd (Times Group)
- Vish Sovani, Vice President, Global Innovation & Strategic Partnerships, VISA Inc, USA
- Gopi Krishna Maddi, Chief Operating Officer, Voltas
- Sridhar Krishnan, Director, Encover Inc, acquired by Synnex Corporation, USA
- Ramakant Patki, Director IT & Change, SNS Bank N.V., Netherlands
- Indranil Sen, General Manager/Head- Supply Chain Management, Asia Pacific Resources International Holdings, Singapore; Managing Director- Customer Experience, India, Federal Express Corporation
- Dinesh Bhrushundi, Chief Quality Officer, Delhi International Airport Ltd.
- Hemant Kharkar, Chief Operating Officer, Corporate Services at TRF Ltd. TATA Enterprise
- Manoj Deshmukh, Senior Director and Business Operations Head, Geometric Limited
- Vinay Shetty, Country Manager - Indian Subcontinent, Canadian Solar Inc.
- Amit Poddar, SVP, Chief Software Architect, Priceline.com, USA
- Kaushik Mitra, Senior Director, Fidelity Investments
- Vijay Patil, Executive Director - Strategy & Business Excellence at Dalmia Cement (Bharat) Ltd
- Sukhbir Kapoor, Vice President - Supply Chain & E-Commerce, LKQ Corporation Europe, UK
- Manish Kothari, Executive Vice President & Business Head, Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Srini Kompella, General Manager- Information Management and Analytics, Asia Pacific and Japan, Hewlett-Packard, Singapore
- Shirish Andhare, Senior VP and General Manager, India Region, Narus Inc
- Ajay Rambhia, Chief Technology Officer, EvolveWare Inc, USA
- Amajit Gupta, Managing Director, India & SAARC, Juniper Networks
- Prateek Pashine, President- Enterprise Business, Tata Teleservices
- Rajeev Khandelwal, Sales Director, Reckitt Benckiser India
- Sanjeev Mandpe, General Manager at Mercedes-Benz India
- Dependra Mathur, Vice President and Head - Compensation and Benefits and International Centres, Infosys BPO
- Ravi Shankar, Managing Director, DMG Mori Aktiengesellschaft India
- Suhail Ansari, Vice-President of Engineering, eBay; Senior Director of Engineering, Buyer Experience, eBay, USA
- Rathi Murthy, Senior VP/ CTO, Gap Inc, USA; VP of Engineering; SVP/CIO, American Express, USA
- Megh Risaldar, Head - HR (India, South East Asia and Middle East), Monster.com
- Ajay Marar, Practice Leader, Microsoft Services
- Rajeev Kumar, Director - Design & Build, Cushman & Wakefield
- Yogesh Mishra, Director, PwC, USA
- Jyotiswarup Pai Raiturkar, Chief Architect, goibibo
- Nikhil Joshi, Vice President & Global QA / Testing Practice Head at NTT DATA Corporation, USA
- Atul Khanzode, Director of Construction Technologies, DPR Construction Inc., USA
- Amod Dani, Managing Director, India Engineering & Operations, Arista Networks
- Anoop Kumar Ghosh, Director Commercial and CMD, MECON Limited, India
- Laxmidhar Gaopande, VP and Chief IT Officer, Syntel India Ltd
- Balaka Niyazee, Director, Sales, Procter & Gamble, Korea
- Sanjay Wadhwa, Sr. Director, Product Management, Nokia, USA
- Anand Kamat, Director, Program Management, Microsoft
- Ashutosh Agarwal, Executive Director, Eirene Systems
- Rajkumar Sen, Director of Engineering, MemSQL, USA
- Satyavrat Pendharkar, Vice-President, Pepsico India
- Ravi Agrawal, Practice - Director SAP at Technosoft Corporation
- Harsh Kar, VP, Decision Science and Innovation at Coca-Cola, USA
- Sameer R., Director of Sales, Ezeesoft Technologies, UAE
- Mayank Madhur, Vice-President, Goldman Sachs
- Sachin Dhawan, SVP, CTO at Blackhawk Network, USA
- Nilendu Sarkar, Vice President Supply Chain - Global, Unilever, UK
- Amol Bargaje, Chief Information Officer, Jenner and Block, USA
- Anand Chandra, Sr. Director - Capital Markets, Synechron, UK
- Shweta Shrivastava, Sr. Director, Product Management, NetApp, USA
- Seemantini Godbole, Vice President, Target Corporation, USA; Mobile and Digital Marketing (Target Technology) & Member of Board, Target India
- Laxmi Rao, Director, International District Energy Association, USA
- Pradeep Kar, Chairman and founder, Microland
- Shashikant Chaudhary, MD, GlobalLogic India, CEO, President and Co-founder, Lambent Technologies Private Limited.
- Hariharan Kolam, Founder and CTO, Instart Logic, USA
- Prakash Gurbaxani, Founder and CEO, QVC Realty Co. Limited, Micromedia, 24/7customer.com. Ex-CEO, TSI Ventures, Minacs
- Shashank Garg, Co-Founder, President, InfoCepts.
- Shyam Menon, Co-Founder and Investment Director, Infuse Ventures.
- Alden DoRosario, Co-Founder and CTO, Chitika, USA
- Adrish Sannyasi, Co-founder and Chief Medical Informaticist and Architect, Hindsait Inc, USA
- Pankaj Poddar, Co-Founder, Dwll.in
- Devanjan Sinha, Co-founder, Macrovue, Australia
- Pankaj Maheshwari, Founder, Net Matrix Solutions Inc, USA
- Srikant Gokulnatha, Co-founder and Chief Product Officer, Numerify, USA
- Sreenivas Karanam, Founder & CEO, Cooltok
- Sridhar Krishnan, Founder, Encover, USA
- Atul Pandey, Co-founder and CEO, ELLA, Australia
- Ajay Sarate, Founder and Managing Director, Finjovian Advisory Services
- Ankur Panchbudhe, Co-founder and CTO, Vaultize
- Abhishek Agrawal, Founder and CEO, Mobizio, UK
- Ranga Srinivasan, President, CTO & Co-Founder, Ameex Technologies, USA
- Arvind Upadhyay, Co-founder & COO, Gluck Games Services GmbH, Germany
- Mithun Srivatsa, Co-founder, CEO, Blowhorn
- Ujwal Sutaria, CEO and Co-founder, Athletto
- Anant Mani, Founder and CEO, Report Bee
- Kamlesh Laddhad, Co-founder, Uniapply Technologies and Consulting
Researchers and academics
- Dr. Vijay P. Bhatkar, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri awardee, scientist, Founding Director of Centre for Development of Advanced Computing
- Samir Barua, Director, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
- Dr. Mano Thubrikar, Distinguished Professor & Inventor, Thubrikar Aortic Valve, Inc.
- Dr. B.S. Murty, Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Madras (Recipient of Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize)
- Ramesh Jain, Bren Professor of Information & Computer Sciences, University of California, Irvine
- Dr. Nemkumar Banthia, Canada Research Chair the University of British Columbia
- Indrani Medhi, Researcher in the Technology for Emerging Markets Group, Microsoft Research. She was listed in the MIT Technology Review's TR35 list of "outstanding innovators" under the age of 35; featured in the list of "50 Smartest people in Technology" in 2010 by Fortune magazine; was named a "Global Forum Visionary" by Fortune; won the "Young Indian Leader" award for 2010 from CNN IBN; and featured in the list of 35 "Youth Icons" under 35, by India Today magazine.
- Vidyut Navelkar, Principal Innovation Evangelist, Tata Consultancy Services
- Dr. Vibhuti Narain Misra, Former Director, Institute of Minerals and Materials Technology
- Shankar Ganesan, John Cardinal O'Hara, C.S.C. Professor of Business, Department of Marketing, Mendoza College of Business, University of Notre Dame
- Prakash Mangalgiri, Group Director (Structural Technology and Smart Materials), Aeronautical Development Agency
- Dilip Surkar, Executive Director, Vikram A Sarabhai Community Science Centre
- Dr. Prakash Devidas Porey, Director, Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat
- Dr. N.V. Deshpande, Director, National Institute of Technology, Silchar
- Dr. H.T. Thorat, Director, National Institute of Technology Uttarakhand
- Dr. O. G. Kakde, Director, Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute
- Dr. Mohan Khedkar, Vice-Chancellor, Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University
- Dr. Vijay M. Pandharipande, Vice-Chancellor, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University
- Prof. S M Deshpande, Distinguished Professor, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research.
- Dr. K Bhanu Sankara Rao, Former Dean, SEST, University of Hyderabad. Presently, Steel Ministry Chair Professor, Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Technology 
- Dipak Lokhande, Director, National Power Training Institute
- Ravindra Deshmukh, Director, Institute of Architecture and Planning, Mangalayatan University
- Pradeep K. Yadav, Director, National Power Training Institute, Nagpur
- Vinod Bothale, Scientist, National Remote Sensing Centre, Hyderabad; Director, MRSAC, Nagpur
- Jagadisan K, Scientist, Defence Research and Development Organisation, Grade H (Outstanding) scientist
- Anand Tapas, Scientist, Defence Research and Development Organisation, Grade G scientist, Associate Tech. Director
- Shankar Bhaumik, Scientist, Defence Research and Development Organisation, Grade G scientist
- Dr. Rajgopal Kasi, Professor, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore; Member of Evaluation Board of Scientists of Defense Laboratories, DRDO
- Dr. Milind Atrey, Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay. He was awarded the Fellowship by the Institute of Mechanical Engineers (FIMechE) UK, in 2008. He is also a recipient of the Dr P K Patwardhan Technology Development award at IIT Bombay in 2010 for his work on Cryocoolers. He was on the Advisory Council of LG Electronics during 2008-2011 and was conferred the IRCC Industrial Impact Award, 2013.
- Dr. Ashok Agrawal, Managing Director for Professional Services, American Society for Engineering Education, USA
Arts and design
- Neelam Saxena Chandra, writer, novelist, poet
- Satyendra Pakhale, industrial designer
- Milind Ukey, Movie Director & Writer
- Arati Kadav, Filmmaker & Founder of Tangelo Production Private Limited
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology.|
- "Campus Information". VNIT. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
- "Best engineering colleges in India". pickacollege.digit.in. Retrieved 2016-04-26.
- "IIIT Nagpur". vnit.ac.in. Retrieved 2016-05-01.
- "Hostels". VNIT. Retrieved 2011-08-11.
- "Health Centre". VNIT. Retrieved 2011-08-11.
- "Departments". vnit.ac.in. Retrieved 2016-04-29.
- "Undergraduate Programs". VNIT. Retrieved 2011-08-11.
- "Postgraduate Programs". VNIT. Retrieved 2011-08-11.
- "Ph.D. Programs". VNIT. Retrieved 2011-08-11.
- "IIT, NIT admissions 2015: Results of fourth round of seat allotment : Notification". indiatoday.intoday.in. Retrieved 2016-05-02.
- "13 lakh students to appear for JEE (Main) test today - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2016-05-02.
- "IIT, NIT admissions 2015: Results of fourth round of seat allotment : Notification". indiatoday.intoday.in. Retrieved 2016-05-01.
- "13 lakh students to appear for JEE (Main) test today - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2016-05-01.
- "JoSAA". josaa.nic.in. Retrieved 2016-05-01.
- "NIT Nagpur Cutoff 2015 | College Pravesh". College Pravesh. 2015-11-19. Retrieved 2016-05-03.
- "13 lakh students to appear for JEE (Main) test today - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2016-05-03.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2016". Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2016.
- "HRD Ministry announces universities ranking, IIT Madras and IIM Bangalore top the list".
- "Best engineering colleges in India". digit.in.
- "Case Studies, Leaders, Policy, Administration, Industry Focus, Campus, Technology". www.edu-leaders.com.
- "Welcome to Times Engineering & Medical Survey 2015". www.times-engineering-survey.com. Retrieved 2016-04-26.
- "MHRD, National Institute Ranking Framework (NIRF)". www.nirfindia.org. Retrieved 2016-04-26.
- "Top 25 Engineering Colleges in India: India Rankings 2016". The Indian Express. 2016-04-13. Retrieved 2016-04-26.
- "18th National Seminar on Aerospace Structures inaugurated at VNIT". www.nagpurtoday.in. Retrieved 2016-05-06.
- "Welcome VNIT" (PDF). vnit.ac.in. Retrieved 2016-05-01.
- "VNIT’s 12th Convocation on September 15". www.nagpurtoday.in. Retrieved 2016-05-01.
- "PNR 5966 - CoEP partners with IIT Bombay and VNIT on an RandD project costing Rs39 39 crore". www.tenderdetail.com. Retrieved 2016-05-01.
- Ramakrishnudu. "MOU-VNIT". www.nitw.ac.in. Retrieved 2016-05-06.
- ":::: National Institute of Technology Raipur ::::". www.nitrr.ac.in. Retrieved 2016-05-02.
- "Welcome VNIT" (PDF). vnit.ac.in. Retrieved 2016-05-02.
- "VNIT and Japan varsity join hands for rural transformation - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2016-05-01.
- "ESIEE Paris signs three new international agreements in India | ESIEE Paris". www.esiee.fr. Retrieved 2016-06-25.
- "List of Education MoUs signed during President's State visit of Belarus". www.mea.gov.in. Retrieved 2016-05-01.
- "China puts off Jammu-Lanzhou varsity MoU signing". Deccan Herald. Retrieved 2016-06-25.
- "VNIT signs MoU with BRICS Network varsity". www.reacho.in. Retrieved 2016-05-02.
- "VNIT, Nagpur gets Centre of Excellence status, World Bank also grants Rs 5 crore aid". www.resultshub.net. Retrieved 2016-05-01.
- "VNIT to have robotics research centre with ABB - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2016-05-02.
- "VNIT earthquake engg students, faculty to visit Nepal soon - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2016-05-02.
- "Nagpur Metro ties up with VNIT, to recruit students too - Times of India". Retrieved 2016-06-25.
- "VNIT adopts nine villages to usher in change through tech - Times of India". Retrieved 2016-06-25.
- "V-Alumni Network". Retrieved 2011-08-12.
- vaave.com. "Distinguished Alumni - VNIT Alumni Association (VNITAA)". Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur. Retrieved 2016-04-26.
- vaave.com. "Distinguished Alumni - VNIT Alumni Association (VNITAA)". Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "About Us: Planning Commission, Government of India". planningcommission.nic.in. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Harsh Vardhan - Asian Wealth Management and Asian Private Banking - Hubbis". www.hubbis.com. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Arjun Cholkar - Director - Y!OS at Yahoo!". www.yatedo.com. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Rajesh Kalra, Managing director, India". www.atkinsglobal.com. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Nitin Bawankule – Sales and Management Veteran in Digital, IT Industries, and more". clickasiasummit.com. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Upendra Mardikar". ID Conferences. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Gautam Malik". Xerox Canada Newsroom. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Sharad Aggarwal - V.P. (Mfg) at Godfrey Phillips India Ltd". www.yatedo.com. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Three Indian Americans Among 26 of the Top Women Engineers". India West. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- Dalal, Mihir. "Beam Inc appoints Vidyut Arte as MD of India business". http://www.livemint.com/. Retrieved 2016-04-27. External link in
- "Raju Shukla, Barclays Capital". www.globalcapital.com. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Sujit Jain - Leadership Team - 2015 North American International Powertrain Conference - Events - SAE International". www.sae.org. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "RINL director elected ISTD chief". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Market Experts Advice, Recommendations, Information & News by JP Chalasani at Moneycontrol.com". www.moneycontrol.com. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "TATA ADVANCED SYSTEMS". www.tataadvancedsystems.com. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Prakash Telang | Persistent Systems | Software Product Lifecycle and Technology Services". careers.persistent.com. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "List of Public Companies Worldwide, Letter - Businessweek - Businessweek". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Sarda Energy & Minerals Ltd". www.seml.co.in. Retrieved 2016-04-26.
- "::.FACOR.::Ferro Alloys Corporation Ltd.". www.facorgroup.in. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- Bureau, Our (2012-11-12). "Suhas Baxi is Pennar’s new CEO". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- Tata.com. "Tata Group | Tata Sons | Media releases | Kamesh Gupta appointed COO of Tata Industrial Services". tata.com. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- www.exchange4media.com. "Ranjeet Kate replaces Sunil Rajshekhar as CEO, Vijay Karnataka". www.exchange4media.com. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Management Team". www.icclindia.com. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- ":: Welcome to ISARC ::". isarc.in. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Infosys-Oracle Blog". www.infosysblogs.com. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Rajdeep Endow - Managing Director, India and Global Delivery Lead, SapientNitro @ SapientNitro | CrunchBase". www.crunchbase.com. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "L&T Finance Holdings : Our People". www.ltfinanceholdings.com. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- SemiColonWeb. "ICCSR". www.iccsr.org. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Keynote Speakers". www.bits-pilani.ac.in. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Shashikant Chaudhary". www.unicornivc.com. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "QVCRealty | About Us | About QVC Realty | Management | Founder & CEO". www.qvcrealty.com. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Management | InfoCepts". InfoCepts. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Shyam Menon | Crisp Social Ventures India". www.crispsocialventures.com. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Dwll.in - Professional Interior designers at your fingertips". dwll.in. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Sreenivas Karanam | VCCircle Events". events.vccircle.com. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Sridhar Krishnan - Profile". employees.org. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Ankur Panchbudhe - Co-founder and CTO @ Vaultize | CrunchBase". www.crunchbase.com. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Thubrikar Aortic Valve, Inc.". Gust. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Prof. B.S. Murty | Advanced Materials Research Group of Prof. B. S. Murty". mme.iitm.ac.in. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Faculty | UBC Civil". www.civil.ubc.ca. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Indrani Medhi Thies - Microsoft Research". research.microsoft.com. Retrieved 2016-04-26.
- Dame, ENR // Marketing Communications: Web // University of Notre. "Shankar - Ganesan // Mendoza College of Business // University of Notre Dame". Mendoza College of Business. Retrieved 2016-04-26.
- "NITUK". www.nituk.ac.in. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- User, Super. "Director's Desk". www.vjti.ac.in. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "S.M. Deshpande - Academic profile". www.jncasr.ac.in. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- Tangelo. "Tangelo". www.tangelo.in. Retrieved 2016-04-27.