Vit Ice Piedmont
|Vit Ice Glacier|
Location of Sentinel Range in Western Antarctica.
|Length||6 nmi (11 km; 7 mi)|
|Width||3 nmi (6 km; 3 mi)|
Vit Ice Piedmont (Bulgarian: ледник Вит, ‘Lednik Vit’ \'led-nik 'vit\) is the glacier extending 12 km in north-south direction and 6 km in east-west direction in Sostra Heights on the east side of northern Sentinel Range in Ellsworth Mountains, Antarctica. It is situated north of the end of Embree Glacier, east of Bracken Peak, southwest of Anchialus Glacier and south of the end of Newcomer Glacier. The glacier flows eastwards into Rutford Ice Stream.
The glacier is named after Vit River in Northern Bulgaria.
Vit Ice Piedmont is centred at Coordinates: . US mapping in 1961.
- Newcomer Glacier. Scale 1:250 000 topographic map. Reston, Virginia: US Geological Survey, 1961.
- Antarctic Digital Database (ADD). Scale 1:250000 topographic map of Antarctica. Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR). Since 1993, regularly updated.
- Vit Ice Piedmont SCAR Composite Gazetteer of Antarctica
- Bulgarian Antarctic Gazetteer Antarctic Place-names Commission (Bulgarian)
- Basic data (English)
- This article includes information from the Antarctic Place-names Commission of Bulgaria which is used with permission.
|This Ellsworth Land location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|