Vita Craft Corporation
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Headquarters||Shawnee, Kansas, U.S.|
|Mamoru Imura, CEO|
Number of employees
Vita Craft Corporation is a manufacturer of multi-ply (5, 7, and 9 ply) stainless steel cookware as well as other cookware products. The cookware is manufactured and sold in the United States, but the majority of sales are from the Asian and European markets. In the United States, Vita Craft is sold door-to-door and at food-related events and conventions using a direct selling model. In Asia and Europe, Vita Craft is sold in department stores.
Company history and focus
The company was founded in 1939 after research and development by two cookware specialists from Seattle University and University of Wisconsin. Vita Craft's cookware is stainless steel with an aluminum core. The "vapor seal" lids are designed to prevent heat and moisture from escaping when the lid is secured, which results in "waterless" cooking. According to the company, waterless cooking requires less heat and less pressure, while more vitamins and minerals are retained in the food. In addition, some pans are manufactured with multiple layers of metal to distribute heat more evenly in cooking.[non-primary source needed]
In 1966, Vita Craft Corporation wanted to expand their facilities to the land that housed a jail built in 1843. As a result, a group of citizens formed the Shawnee Historical Society and moved the jail to Shawnee Town, where it stands today.
- RFIQin, an automatic induction cooking system, which continually monitors the temperature of food and adjusts the heating characteristics accordingly.
- David Dinell (2004-05-26). "Three Wichita businesses finalists in statewide competition". Wichita Business Journal. Retrieved 2007-03-07. External link in
- "Brand Details for Brand Name: Vita Craft Made in U.S.A.". Find Owner Search. Retrieved 2007-03-05. External link in
- "Valentine Radford takes Vita Craft as new client". Kansas City Business Journal. 2002-03-07. Retrieved 2007-02-28.
"Vita Craft makes high-end cookware that is largely sold in Japan and parts of Europe.External link in
- "無水調理が出来る鍋, vita craftとは" (in Japanese). 料理にアケクレ. Translation to English. Archived from the original on 7 October 2007. Retrieved 2007-03-07. External link in
- "Our Outstanding Features". Vita Craft Corporation. Retrieved 27 June 2015.
- "Landmarks of Shawnee Coverlet". City of Shawnee. Archived from the original on 2007-02-03. Retrieved 2007-02-28. External link in