Vital Signs (Rush song)
|Single by Rush|
|from the album Moving Pictures|
|B-side||"In the Mood"|
|Studio||Le Studio, Morin Heights, Quebec|
|Songwriter(s)||Neil Peart, Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson|
|Producer(s)||Rush, Terry Brown|
|Rush singles chronology|
The song is heavily influenced by reggae (in the guitar riff) as well as progressive electronica (in its use of sequencers) and the music of The Police. These influences would carry on into their next three studio albums: Signals, Grace Under Pressure, and Power Windows.
It has appeared in Rush's set lists as recently as the 2010-2011 Time Machine Tour (documented on Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland), during which Moving Pictures was played in its entirety. It is also noted for being played during the encore of the Grace Under Pressure Tour (documented on the Grace Under Pressure Tour Live album and video).
- "Moving Pictures (1981) Stereogum". www.stereogum.com. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- Hansen, Eric. ""'Hold Your Fire' by Neil Peart" - Backstage Club Newsletter, January 1988". www.2112.net. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- Popoff, Martin (2013). Rush: The Illustrated History. Voyageur Press. ISBN 9780760343647.
- "Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland | Rush.com". www.rush.com. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- "Time Machine Tour | Rush.com". www.rush.com. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- "Grace Under Pressure Tour | Rush.com". www.rush.com. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- "Grace Under Pressure Tour Live | Rush.com". www.rush.com. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
|This 1980s rock song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|