In 1931, he started to work as a journalist. He covered the murder of Pavlik Morozov, and he was one who created the myth about him. In 1933, Gubarev wrote One from eleven, about the same character, a work later rewritten into the novel Pavlik Morozov and a play.
He was married to actress Tamara Nosova.
- В Тридевятом царстве (fairy tale novel)
- Королевство кривых зеркал (Kingdom of Crooked Mirrors; fairy tale novel)
- Преданье старины глубокой (fairy tale novel)
- Путешествие на утреннюю звезду (children's science fiction novel)
- Трое на острове (fairy tale novel)
- (Russian) Vitali Gubarev at the Library of Soviet Fiction
- Vitali Gubarev at the Internet Movie Database
|This article about a Russian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|