Vitthalbhai Hansrajbhai Radadiya
|Member of Parliament 15th Lok Sabha|
|Preceded by||Harilal Madhavjibhai Patel|
|Born||8 November 1958.|
Rajkot, Bombay State, India
|Died||29 July 2019 (aged 60)|
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party.|
|Residence||Rajkot & New Delhi.|
|Profession||Social Worker & Politician.|
|Committees||Committee on Agriculture (Member).|
Vitthalbhai Hansrajbhai Radadiya (8 November 1958 – 29 July 2019) was a member of the 15th Lok Sabha of India. He represented the Porbandar constituency of Gujarat and is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party political party. He was a five time Member of the Legislative Assembly and twice Member of parliament, Lok Sabha.
Radadiya had a B.A. degree and worked as a Social worker and politician. He ran a few schools through trusts. He was a BJP MLA who had joined Shankersinh Vaghela's Rashtriya Janata Party and afterward the Congress. In the early 1990s Radadiya joined the BJP, later he moved to the Congress Party. In 2013, he re-joined BJP. He represented Dhoraji Assembly constituency five times.
He was also director of IIFCO company and the chairman of the Rajkot district co-operative bank.
|1||1993||1997||MLA for BJP from Dhoraji, (9th assembly)|
|2||1998||2002||MLA for Vaghela's Party from Dhoraji, (10th assembly)|
|3||2002||2007||MLA for Congress from Dhoraji, (11th assembly)|
|4||2007||2009||MLA for Congress from Dhoraji, (12th assembly)|
|5||2009||2012||MP for Congress from Porbandar, 15th Lok Sabha|
|6||2012||2013||MLA for Congress from Dhoraji, (13th assembly)|
|7||2013||2014||MP for BJP from Porbandar (by-poll), 15th Lok Sabha|
|8||2014||2019||MP for BJP from Porbandar, 16th Lok Sabha|
Radadiya won Lok Sabha seat for Congress in 2009, but gave up the seat after he became MLA for Congress from Dhoraji after 2012 assembly elections. He resigned from Congress immediately after those elections and contested Lok Sabha by-poll of 2013 on BJP ticket and won.
He was married to Chetna Ben. His son Jayesh Radadiya is also a politician and holds the portfolio for Gujarat Minister of Tourism and Aviation. Radadiya's son Kalpesh had died of cardiac arrest when in his 20s. In 2014, Radadiya married off Kalpesh's widow Manisha in her second marriage to Kalpesh's friend Hardik Chovatiya.
Radadiya died on 29 July 2019 due to cancer.
- List of members of the 15th Lok Sabha of India
- Politics of India
- Parliament of India
- Government of India
- Gujarat Legislative Assembly
- "Lok Sabha profile". Lok Sabha website. Archived from the original on 1 January 2012. Retrieved 14 August 2012.
- PTI (29 July 2019). "Gujarat BJP stalwart Vitthal Radadiya dies at 61, PM Modi remembers powerful farmer leader". indiatoday.in. Archived from the original on 29 July 2019. Retrieved 29 July 2019.
- "Former Gujarat MP Vitthal Radadiya dead". The Hindu. 29 July 2019. Archived from the original on 29 July 2019. Retrieved 29 July 2019.
- "Vitthal Radadiya, Former Gujarat Lawmaker, Dies At 61". NDTV.com. Archived from the original on 29 July 2019. Retrieved 29 July 2019.
- "As MP, I deserve respect: Congress MP Vitthalbhai Radadiya who pulled gun at toll attendant". NDTV.com. Archived from the original on 14 September 2016. Retrieved 30 July 2019.
- "Radadiya plays father to widowed daughter-in-law | Rajkot News - Times of India". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 23 September 2017. Retrieved 29 July 2019.