|Known for||Omnitel Pronto Italia COO|
RCS MediaGroup CEO
|Title||Former CEO, Vodafone|
|Term||July 2008 - October 2018|
He started his career at investment bank Morgan Stanley in London. He joined the Milan office of McKinsey & Co in 1986, where as a Partner he worked on media, telecommunications and industrial goods sectors and was responsible for office recruitment.
In 1996 he joined Omnitel Pronto Italia, rising to chief operating officer before its take over to become Vodafone Italy. He became regional CEO, Southern Europe in 2001 and joined the main board in 2002. After missing out on the CEO's job, taken by his friend Arun Sarin, and having a purchase of a Bulgarian mobile company blocked, he left Vodafone for Italian publishing company RCS MediaGroup, where he became CEO in July 2004.
After shareholder criticism of the publishing group's strategy and governance, he resigned from RCS MediaGroup following the company's board meeting in September, rejoining Vodafone in October 2006 as CEO Europe and succeeding Sir Julian Horn-Smith as deputy CEO.
- "Executive Profile: Vittorio A. Colao". Bloomberg. Retrieved 26 March 2015.
- "Vodafone Announces New Chief Executive". Vodafone. 2008-05-27. Retrieved 2008-05-27..
- Wearden, Graeme (2008-05-27). "Vittorio Colao: from Brescia to the top of Vodafone". The Guardian. Retrieved 2008-05-27.
- "Vittorio Colao". 1 December 2014. Cite journal requires
- Lindsay, Robert (2008-05-27). "Who is Colao?". The Times. London. Retrieved 2008-05-27.
- "Vittorio Colao (86-96 MIL) New CEO of RCS MediaGroup". McKinsey & Co. 2004-06-23. Retrieved 2008-05-27.
- "RCS CEO resigns after shareholder criticisms". Forbes/AFX News. 2006-07-21. Retrieved 2008-05-27.
- "Vodafone Names Vittorio Colao European Region Ceo". Dow Jones. 2006-09-06. Retrieved 2008-05-27.
- Blackden, Richard (2008-05-27). "Vittorio Colao fends off Vodafone competition". The Telegraph. Retrieved 2008-05-27.
- "Vittorio Colao". Unilever global company website. Retrieved 2017-03-23.[additional citation(s) needed]
- "Vodafone boss Vittorio Colao to step down". BBC News. Retrieved 2018-05-16.
- Zampano, Giada (2020-04-11). "Italy gov't extends coronavirus lockdown until May 3". Anadalu Agency. Retrieved 2020-04-11.
- The MT Interview: Vittorio Colao of Vodafone, managementtoday.co.uk
|This business-related Italian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|