|Vivek Yeshwant Ranadivé|
|Native name||Marathi: विवेक यशवंत रणदिवे|
7 October 1957|
Founder of TIBCO Software|
Owner and chairman of the Sacramento Kings
Vivek Yeshwant Ranadivé (/
Early life and career
Ranadivé grew up in the Juhu area of Bombay, India, and was the youngest of three children. At 16, Ranadivé was accepted to MIT, but in the 1970s the Indian government did not release foreign currency for citizens to study abroad. Ranadivé talked his way into the office of the Reserve Bank of India and got the required foreign exchange for one quarter of the tuition.
After earning bachelor's and master's degrees from MIT, he obtained an MBA from Harvard University in 1983. While at MIT, Ranadivé started his first company, a UNIX consulting company. He also held management and engineering positions with Ford Motor Company, M/A-Com Linkabit and Fortune Systems.
Teknekron Software Systems
Golden State Warriors
On 21 March 2013, it was announced that Ranadivé had joined Ron Burkle and Mark Mastrov to attempt to purchase the Sacramento Kings. In order for Ranadivé to purchase the Kings, he had to sell his share of the Golden State Warriors. On 16 May 2013, it was announced that the group reached an agreement with the Maloof family to purchase 65% of the Kings for approximately $348 million. The NBA approved the sale on 28 May.
|The Power of Now.||1999||Vivek Ranadivé|
|The Power to Predict.||2006||Vivek Ranadivé|
|The Two-Second Advantage: How We Succeed by Anticipating the Future–Just Enough||2011||Vivek Ranadivé|
- D'Agostino, Ryan. The Man Who Knows Everything. Esquire. 19 January 2012.
- Gladwell, Malcolm. How David Beats Goliath. The New Yorker. 11 May 2009.
- World Economic Forum Davos 2012: Vivek Ranadivé launches social networking site TopCom for leaders to interact. Economic Times. 26 January 2012.
- Vivek Ranadive, CEO of TIBCO Software. San Jose Mercury News. 19 September 2011.
- The Most Influential Global Indians. GQ.
- Naik, Shivani. Indian is co-owner of US's top NBA side. Indian Express. 7 April 2011.
- Master of his own destiny. Express Computer.
- Corcoran, Elizabeth. The Big Deal: Tibco. Forbes. 16 June 2009.
- Profile: Vivek Ranadivé. Harvard Business School Bulletin.
- Vivek Ranadivé. San Francisco Business Times. 9 September 2007.
- Levermore-Rich, Adam. Tapping into the need for speed TIBCO's software quietly powers the Internet. Palo Alto Weekly. 27 June 2001.
- TIBCO: Through the Years. TIBCO.
- "Bow Capital". Bow Capital. Retrieved 2018-06-10.
- "UC Investments will anchor fund led by Vivek Ranadivé to invest in UC innovation". University of California. 2015-12-15. Retrieved 2018-06-10.
- Vivek Ranadivé is the First Desi NBA Team Owner. Desi Hits.
- Bizjak, Tony (21 March 2013). "Third big investor emerges in bid for Sacramento Kings". The Sacramento Bee. Retrieved 3 October 2016.
- Windhorst, Brian (17 May 2016). "Maloofs, Sacramento group agree". ESPN. Retrieved 3 October 2016.
- "NBA approves Kings sale to Sacramento group". NBA. AP. 28 May 2013. Retrieved 3 October 2016.
- Purewal, Sukhjit. 'Why hire people who agree with you?'. Rediff. 25 June 2001.
- About the Author. The Power of Now.
- Predictive Business. Chief Executive Officer. 2 August 2006.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vivek Ranadivé.|