|Native name||Marathi: विवेक रणदिवे|
October 7, 1957 |
Bombay (now Mumbai), India
Founder TIBCO SoftwareOwner and Chairman, Sacramento Kings
Vivek Ranadivé (/ /; born October 7, 1957) is an Indian-American businessman, engineer, author, speaker and philanthropist. Ranadivé is the founder and former CEO of TIBCO, a multimillion-dollar real-time computing company, and of Teknekron Software Systems. Ranadivé is a co-owner and chairman of the National Basketball Association's Sacramento Kings.
Early life and education
Ranadivé grew up in the Juhu area of Mumbai, India and was the youngest of three children. At 16, Ranadivé was accepted to MIT, but in the 1970s the Indian government did not release foreign currency for citizens to study abroad. Ranadivé talked his way into the office of the Reserve Bank of India and got the required foreign exchange for one quarter of the tuition.
After earning bachelor's and master's degrees from MIT, he obtained an MBA from Harvard University in 1983. While at MIT, Ranadivé started his first company, a UNIX consulting company. He also held management and engineering positions with Ford Motor Company, M/A-Com Linkabit and Fortune Systems.
Teknekron Software Systems
Golden State Warriors
On March 21, 2013, it was announced that Ranadivé had joined Ron Burkle and Mark Mastrov to attempt to purchase the Sacramento Kings. In order for Ranadivé to purchase the Kings, he had to sell his share of the Golden State Warriors. On May 16, 2013, it was announced that the group reached an agreement with the Maloof family to purchase 65% of the Kings for approximately $348 million. The NBA approved the sale on May 28.
In 1999, Ranadivé published The Power of Now. In 2006, Ranadivé published The Power to Predict. In 2011, Ranadivé published The Two-Second Advantage: How We Succeed by Anticipating the Future–Just Enough.
- D'Agostino, Ryan. The Man Who Knows Everything. Esquire. January 19, 2012.
- Gladwell, Malcolm. How David Beats Goliath. The New Yorker. May 11, 2009.
- World Economic Forum Davos 2012: Vivek Ranadivé launches social networking site TopCom for leaders to interact. Economic Times. January 26, 2012.
- Vivek Ranadive, CEO of TIBCO Software. San Jose Mercury News. September 19, 2011.
- The Most Influential Global Indians. GQ.
- Naik, Shivani. Indian is co-owner of US's top NBA side. Indian Express. April 7, 2011.
- Master of his own destiny. Express Computer.
- Corcoran, Elizabeth. The Big Deal: Tibco. Forbes. June 16, 2009.
- Profile: Vivek Ranadivé. Harvard Business School Bulletin.
- Vivek Ranadivé. San Francisco Business Times. September 9, 2007.
- Levermore-Rich, Adam. Tapping into the need for speed TIBCO's software quietly powers the Internet. Palo Alto Weekly. June 27, 2001.
- TIBCO: Through the Years. TIBCO.
- Vivek Ranadivé is the First Desi NBA Team Owner. Desi Hits.
- Bizjak, Tony (March 21, 2013). "Third big investor emerges in bid for Sacramento Kings". The Sacramento Bee. Retrieved October 3, 2016.
- Windhorst, Brian (May 17, 2016). "Maloofs, Sacramento group agree". ESPN. Retrieved October 3, 2016.
- "NBA approves Kings sale to Sacramento group". NBA. AP. May 28, 2013. Retrieved October 3, 2016.
- Purewal, Sukhjit. 'Why hire people who agree with you?'. Rediff. June 25, 2001.
- About the Author. The Power of Now.
- Predictive Business. Chief Executive Officer. August 2, 2006.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vivek Ranadivé.|