|Born||1983/1984 (age 37–38)|
Vivek Sagar is an Indian music composer who works in Telugu cinema. He debuted with the movie, Pelli Choopulu (2016). Upon critical acclaim for the album garnered him his first nomination as Filmfare Award for Best Music Director – Telugu at 64th Filmfare Awards South.
He scored for Sammohanam (2018) and garnered his second nomination for Filmfare Award for Best Music Director – Telugu at 66th Filmfare Awards South. The same year, he again collaborated with Pelli Choopulu director Tharun Bhascker for Ee Nagaraniki Emaindi.
Vivek Sagar has done his schooling at All Saints High School in Hyderabad. Sagar studied Electronics and communications engineering before embarking on a career in music. He began his career as a music composer with a short film, Sainma.
His first full-length film and his first Telugu film production was Pelli Choopulu. He has stated that he believes music should be custom-written for the movie's story and that he will avoid "commercial music".
|2016||Pelli Choopulu||Debut film|
Nominated - SIIMA Award for Best Music Director (Telugu)
|Sammohanam||Nominated - Filmfare Award for Best Music Director – Telugu|
|Ee Nagaraniki Emaindi|
|2020||HIT: The First Case|||
|Raja Raja Chora|
|Aa Ammayi Gurinchi Meeku Cheppali|
- Web series
- 2020 - Sanchari (Hyderabad Gig)
- 2020 - Saami Saami (Chivaraku Migiledhi)
- 2021 - Jatha Kalisina (from the OST of Kirayi Hanthakudu / Story Discussion 2)
- Dundoo, Sangeetha Devi (11 September 2017). "Vivek Sagar: Career not driven by an agenda". The Hindu. Kasturi and Sons Limited. Retrieved 28 September 2017.
- "Music composer Vivek Sagar talks about what inspires him to blend folk with contemporary tunes". www.indulgexpress.com. Retrieved 10 April 2021.
- "Best Music Album Nominee". Filmfare. Worldwide Media. 2007. Retrieved 28 September 2017.
- Nadadhur, Srivathsan (27 July 2016). "Eclecticism, his signature". The Hindu. Kasturi and Sons Limited. Retrieved 28 September 2017.
- ""I will never do commercial movies"". Tupaki.com. 8 September 2017. Retrieved 28 September 2017.
- "Ilaiyaraaja and AR Rahman have a huge influence on my work: HIT composer Vivek Sagar". The Indian Express. 8 April 2020. Retrieved 10 April 2021.
- Dundoo, Sangeetha Devi (11 July 2019). "Vivek Sagar's swara swagger". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 10 April 2021.
- Dundoo, Sangeetha Devi (28 February 2020). "'HIT' movie review: This Vishwak Sen-starrer hits close to the bull's eye". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 10 April 2021.
- ""Sanchari" by Vivek Sagar | Music Video". MTV Asia. Retrieved 8 April 2021.