|Born||Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Alma mater||University of Allahabad, Muir Hostel|
Vivek Sahai is a transportation and management expert in India. He is a 1973 batch Indian Railway Traffic Service officer. He was appointed as Chairman Railway Board from 01-06-2010 to 30-06-2011 and ex-officio Principal Secretary to the Government of India. Additionally, he was the Chairman at Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Limited, and served on the National Transport Development Policy Committee for the Government of India. In the past, he served as a Director of Coal India Limited from July 9, 2007 to August 20, 2008 and Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd until July 26, 2011. He has also served as Director at Pipavav Railway Corporation Limited.
He is particularly lauded for handling the Railways response to the Mumbai serial blasts in 2006 
After retirement, he was recalled in 2013 to serve as an adviser to the railway minister to help steer large projects.
Sahai is a distinguished fellow at the Observer Research Foundation.
- "Vivek Sahai takes over as chairman, Railway Board". The Times of India. 1 June 2010. Retrieved 26 January 2011.
- "Vivek Sahai signs off as chairman, Railway Board". Hindustan Times. June 30, 2011.
- "Vivek Sahai Executive Profile". Business Week. December 20, 2013.
- "How were Mumbai locals restored in 4 hours". Indian Express. July 16, 2006.
- "New Role". Indian Express. November 14, 2013.
|This Indian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|