Vivekananda Vidya Mandir
|This article does not cite any sources. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|'Vivekananda Vidya Mandir', Dhurwa, Ranchi|
|Motto||Tapah – prabhaavaada deva prassadaach – cha from Svetasvatara Upanishad|
|Established||1970 on Ratha Yatra day|
|Principal||Mr. Ankit toppo|
|Campus Director||Nitin kujur|
|Grades||Nursery to class XII|
|Affiliation||CBSE Board, New Delhi|
Vivekananda Vidya Mandir is an English Medium co-educational school from KG to Class XII affiliated to the CBSE Board, New Delhi. It is oldest premier CBSE Senior secondary School at HEC Campus in Ranchi, Jharkhand.
The motto of the school is "Tapah – prabhaavaada deva prassadaach – cha" from Svetasvatara Upanishad, and it points out that the Self is realized by the power of one’s experience and grace of God.
In 1963, the birth centenary Year of Swami Vivekananda, a group of devotees of the Ramakrishna Mission in the Heavy Engineering Corporation complex at Dhurwa, Ranchi formed an association named Sri Ramakrishna Seva Sangha for Self-realization through worship and selfless service. They had the guidance of Srimat Swami Vedantanandaji Maharaj, the Founder-Secretary of the Ramakrishna Mission TB Sanatorium, Dungri, Ranchi.
The foundation of the Vivekananda Vidya Mandir was laid on the auspicious day of Ratha Yatra in 1970 on the plot of land allotted by the authorities of the Heavy Engineering Corporation Limited, Dhurwa, Ranchi. The first batch passed AISSE in the year 1980.
- Subal Bose
- Reena Ghosh
- S. C. Barari
- Reena Ghosh
- Abhijit Dasgupta
- N. M. Mankad
- H. K. P. Sinha
- A. K. Mishra
- Sarbani Biswas
- Samarjit Jana
- Ankit Toppo
The academic session is from April to March, in two terms/semesters
- First term: April to September
- Second term: October to March
- Summer timings: 7.40 AM to 1.25 PM
- Winter timings: 8.40 AM to 2.15 PM
Admissions (Nursery to class IX)
The names of the children seeking admission for class Nursery and Prep are registered from the first week of January and for class I to VIII, in the month of March/April. As per the RTE act 25% of the candidates will be entitled to free education at the entry level i.e. Nursery - for the age group 3+ years.
Courses of study
The school prepares students for the All India Secondary School Examination and the All India Senior School Certificate Examinations (10 + 2) conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi. The school has classes from Nursery to Class XII. The medium of instruction is English for all the classes but Vidya Mandir lays an equal emphasis on Hindi also. The following subjects are taught in the normal curriculum from classes nursery to XII :
English, Hindi, Mathematics, Environmental Science, Music, Drawing, Computer, Craft, and Physical Education. Sanskrit in Class V.
English, Hindi, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Civics, Geography, Sanskrit, Economics, Computer Science, Music, Drawing, Eco-club & Physical Education.
Senior Secondary Classes: Combination of subjects
- English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology
- English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Computer
- English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Economics
- English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Economics
- English, Physics, Chemistry, Hindi and Economics
- English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and P.H.E
- English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and P.H.E
English, Hindi, Accountancy, Business Studies and Economics
- Meditation room
- Science Laboratory
- Art and Music Room
- Educational toys KG and Prep classes
- Geography Laboratories
- Computer Centre - Computer Education is compulsory from class V to X. For the students of XI and XII Computer Science is available as an optional subject.
- Audio-Visual education - the school has an audio-visual room for screening of documentary films, educational CDs etc.
- Mathematics Laboratory
- Sick Room
- Games facilities like basketball, football, Kho-Kho, and athletics.
- Visit vivekanandavidyamandir.com
Students are divided into six houses:
- Vivekananda House, saffron, Spiritual Club
- Mahatma Gandhi, light blue, Patriot Club
- Dr. Homi Bhabha House, maroon, Science Club
- Tagore House, pink, Literature Club
- Birsa Munda House, green, Cultural/Heritage Club
- Maa Sarada House, white, Harmony Club
There are two terminals and an annual examination with monthly tests in between in an academic year for all the classes.
- Mid Term examination in September
- Annual examination in March
Result of 2011 CBSE XII AISSCE Examination :- overall pass percentage 98.93% Appeared 187 candidates distinction 15 candidates ( 75% and above ) first Division - 104 candidates.
- Awards are given to the first three position holders of each class.
- Prize for full attendance is given.
- Prizes for good conduct to each class.
- In class X and XII prizes are given highest marks in each subject.
Scholarship ( Rs. 6500/-)is awarded to all eligible students securing all A1 (CGPA 10) in Class X board examination, 2012, those who admitted in XI of Vivekananda Vidya Mandir in the session 2012-13.
Current News :- Ms. Shrabasti Jana of XA ( 2012-12) batch has selected in "JENESYS" Programme sponsored by Govt. of Japan to exchange Educational and Cultural potentials between two countries. Ms Shrabasti is only student from Jharkhand State among 3rd Batch from India out of total 260 students from different states and Union Territories of India for participation in "JENESYS"in May 2012.
Headline News of 2013 - Principal of Vivekananda Vidya Mandir Shri Samarjit Jana awarded CBSE Mentor Award 2012; for his contribution to develop CCE Mentoring and Monitoring as one of the Best Principal of Patna Zone; he awarded this prestigious award awarded by MHRD Minister Shri M. M. Pallam Raju on 4 September 2013 at India International Center, Lodhi Road on a ceremonial function organised by CBSE in the presence of Shri Vineet Joshi, Chairman and Secretary of CBSE. He also honoured and invited at Vigyan Bhawan'New Delhi' on 5 September 2013 at National award Ceremony by President of India.
For current news of school; consult School Website www.vivekanandavidyamandir.com