19 November 1924 |
Ghazipur, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Died||22 November 2016(aged 92)|
Viveki Rai (19 November 1924 – 22 November 2016) was an Indian writer who had penned over fifty books.
He was a famous literary figure of Hindi and Bhojpuri literature. He belonged to Sonwani village in Ghazipur. He was a well known Hindi Lalit Nibandhakaar. He received numerous awards from the government of Uttar Pradesh. Sonamati is his most popular novel. He was awarded Mahapandit Rahul Sankrityayan Award in 2001 and Uttar Pradesh's prestigious Yash Bharati Samman award in 2006 for his contribution to Hindi literature. He has been awarded the Mahatma Gandhi Samman by the Uttar Pradesh government. Sri Rai has been awarded by Jagadguru Ramanandacharya Award of Srimath Kashi on 14 January 2012 in Varanasi. He criticized the Indian Emergency through his writing. He also published some notable essays. After a long illness, Rai died on 22 November 2016.
List of works
- Mangal Bhavan
- Namami Gramam
- Dehri ke paar
- Gunga Jahaj
- Purush Puran
- Samar Shesh Hai
- Fir Baitalawa Dar Par
- Aam Rasta Nahin Hai
- Angan Ke Bandanvar
- Astha Aur Chintan
- Chali Fagunhat Baure Aam
- Gamvai Gandh Gulab
- Jivan Agyan Ka Ganith Hai
- Lautkar Dekhna
- Manbodh Master Ki Diary
- Mere Shuddha Shraddhey
- Meri Terah Kahaniyan
- Narendra Kohli Apratim Katha Yatri
- Sawalon Ke Samne
- Shwet Patra
- Yeh Jo Hai Gayatri
- Kalpana Aur Hindi Sahitya, Anila Prakāśana, 1999.
- MERI SHRESHTHA VYANGYA RACHNAYEN, 1984.
Essays and Poetry
- Bhojapurī nibandha nikuñja: Bhojapurī ke taintālīsa go cunala nibandha, Akhila Bhāratīya Bhojapurī Sāhitya Sammelana, 1977.
- Gaṅgā, Yamunā, Sarasvatī: Bhojapurī kahānī, nibandha, saṃsmaraṇa, Bhojapurī Saṃsthāna, 1992.
- Janatā ke pokharā: tīni go Bhojapurī kavitā, Bhojapurī Sāhitya Saṃsthāna, 1984.
- Bhojapurī Akādamī, Paṭanā, tisarakā vārshikotsava samāroha, Ravivāra, 2 Maī 1982, ke avasara para āyojita vyākhyānamālā meṃ Bhojapurī kathā sāhitya ke vikāsa vishaya para Ḍô. Vivekī Rāya ... ke vyākhyāna, Bhojapurī Akādamī, 1982.
- Amangalhari, Bhojpurī Saṃsthāna, 1998.
- Ke Kahala Chunarī Rangā la, Bhojpuri Saṃsāda, 1968.
- Guru-Grih Gayau Padhan Raghurai, 1992.
Ph.D. Disertations on Viveki Rai
- Viveki Rai Ke Upanyasom Mein Anchalikata-By.Rajeemole C R Mahatma Gandhi University
- Gaav Ke Badalate Swaroop:Viveki Rai Ke Upanyason Ke Visesh Sandarbh Me-By.Daissy Peter, Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit
- Dr Viveki Rai Vyaktitav Aur Krititav-By D K Bamane, University of Mumbai
- राजीवरंजन, विवेकी राय के निबंधों में जीवन-संवेदन, नवनिकष, विवेकी राय विशेषांक, (सम्पादन) लक्ष्मीकांत पाण्डेय, वर्ष-२, अंक-५, नवम्बर, २००८ , पृष्ठ ३६-३९
- "Cong sees red as UP honours Abhishek". The Times of India. 2006-11-21. Retrieved 2009-01-23.
- "Namwar Singh, Ramesh Kuntal to be awarded Hindi Sansthan awards". Express India. 2006-09-13. Retrieved 2009-01-23.
- Mathur, O.P. (2004). Indira Gandhi and the emergency as viewed in the Indian novel. Sarup & Sons. ISBN 978-81-7625-461-8.
- Datta, Amaresh Datta (1988). Encyclopaedia of Indian literature vol. 2. Sahitya Akademi. p. 914. ISBN 978-81-260-1194-0.
- "Notable Writer Dr. Viveki Rai Passes Away 15078199". Jagran.com. 2016-07-20. Retrieved 2016-11-22.
- Amaresh Datta, Mohan Lal, Encyclopaedia of Indian Literature : Navaratri-Sarvasena, Sahitya Akademi, 1991.