Vivy Sofinas binti Yusof
11 December 1987
|Alma mater||London School of Economics, United Kingdom|
|Occupation||Co-founder of FashionValet and The dUCk Group|
Fadzaruddin Shah Anuar
Vivy Sofinas Yusof (born 11 December 1987) is a Malaysian entrepreneur and the co-founder of FashionValet and The dUCk Group. Vivy has been a blogger for 10 years who has been sharing insights about her life and entrepreneurial journey through her personal blog, www.proudduck.com
A law graduate from London School of Economics (LSE), Vivy is the Chief Creative Officer at FashionValet, a fashion e-commerce company founded by herself and her husband, Dato' Fadzarudin Shah Anuar (mostly known as Fadza), in 2010 when they were 23 years old. Now a multi-million dollar company with 150 employees and carrying 500 fashion brands, FashionValet has offices and warehouses in Malaysia, Jakarta and Singapore, and ships parcels daily to customers all over the world.
Following the success of FashionValet, Vivy Yusof launched dUCk to convey the message that wearing scarves should be a celebrated act among women, whether Muslim or not.
Vivy's awards and achievements include:
- Entrepreneur Par Excellence by Malaysia Tatler Ball Awards, 2019
- YouTube Silver Play Button Award, 2019
- Top 40 Under 40 by Prestige Malaysia, 2018
- Generation T by Tatler Malaysia, 2018
- Named “Women Icon of Malaysia” by the Ministry of Women, presented by the Prime Minister of Malaysia, 2018
- Young Global Leaders List by the World Economic Forum, 2018
- Vivy was made a case study in Malaysia’s STPM national examination, 2018
- Asia’s Top 50 Rising Tech Stars by Tatler Malaysia, 2017
- Generation T by Tatler Malaysia, 2017
- Member of Blue Ocean Corporate Council, an NBOS initiative led by Tan Sri Dato' Sri Abdul Wahid bin Omar, 2017
- Forbes’ 30 Under 30 Asia list, 2017
- Selected as an Endeavor Entrepreneur, 2017
- Amazing Woman 2017 List by Women's Weekly, 2017
- Young Entrepreneur Award at the ASEAN@15 Achievement Awards, 2017
- Anugerah Instafamous Inspirasi, Hurr.TV, 2017
- Social Media Influencer Award, InTrend Malaysia , 2017
- Young Entrepreneur Award recipient, presented by the Queen of Malaysia at Tribute to Women's Award, 2016
Vivy has also graced the covers of several high-profile magazines in Malaysia - HerWorld, Prestige, and Tatler. She was also named a Friend of Louis Vuitton, being the first hijabi woman to be honored with the title.
She has been featured in many international media including BBC, The New York Times, and Forbes. Well-acclaimed as one of Malaysia's top bloggers with 250K hits monthly on her blog, Proudduck. Vivy is also a social media icon with over a million followers on Instagram. Recently, in 2017, Vivy started venturing into vlogging, where she launched her own channel on YouTube, serving as the visual platform to share her life insights with her followers on regular basis.
She regularly attends fashion events in the Southeast Asia region as a fashion expert and social media influencer. Vivy has also participated for two years as a judge for AirAsia's Runway Ready Designer Search, where she and a panel of judges travel throughout Southeast Asia in search for the next big name in Asian fashion.
Vivy and her husband, Fadza, were officially welcomed into Endeavor - a global organisation that "selects, mentors and accelerates high-impact entrepreneurs". Fadza and Vivy are the first Malays to be a part of Endeavor team.
Vivy and her husband Fadza have also launched 3 fundraisers to help frontliners in Malaysia fight the COVID-19 Pandemic. In total, they raised over RM 2.1 Million for the cause, making this one of the biggest fundraisers in the country. In addition to that, Vivy and Fadza also launched an initiative called the FV Bazaar to help provide a platform for f&b vendors to promote their businesses during the pandemic. 4500 vendors joined the platform making this initiative a huge success.
In 2012, Vivy and Fadzarudin attained first place on Make The Pitch, a reality television show where the duo won RM1million investment by MyEG Services Bhd, for a 30% stake in the company. Vivy later starred in Astro Ria's reality television series, Love, Vivy.
Love, Vivy revolves around the life of one of Malaysia's leading faces in fashion – juggling her work, keeping on top of their leading online retail empire FashionValet and her scarf brand, dUCk, as well as her family duties as daughter, wife, and mother to three children; Daniel Azim Shah, Mariam Iman Shah and Sarah Ilham Shah.
On 21 February 2017, the second season of Love, Vivy was aired on Astro Ria.
Vivy Yusof was born and raised in Kuala Lumpur. She married Fadzaruddin Shah Anuar and together they have three children, Daniel, Mariam and Sarah.
She is a daughter of entrepreneur Yusof Jusoh, she has an older sister, Intan Sofinas.
- "PROUDDUCK". www.proudduck.com. Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- Ting, Henry (5 April 2016). "Vivy Sofinas Yusof, Co-Founder of FashionValet - Asian Entrepreneur". Asian Entrepreneur. Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- "FASHIONVALET | Shop Asia's biggest designer brands online | Shop women's clothes, shoes, bags & accessories | FashionValet". www.fashionvalet.com. Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- "Venture: Fashion Valet's ambitions will never be just about e-commerce". The Edge Markets. 21 April 2017. Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- "About dUCk | dUCk". duckscarves.com. Retrieved 11 January 2017.
- "Her World Malaysia". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- "5 Key Quotes from Vivy Yusof". Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- "Of Chemistry And Affection: Vivy Yusof And Fadza Anuar on Building Their Empire, FashionValet". Malaysia Tatler. Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- "A tale of two Vs". NST Online. 20 July 2016. Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- Mayberry, Kate. "How Muslim headscarves became a fashion empire". Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- "Malaysian entrepreneur glams up the hijab". Women in the World in Association with The New York Times - WITW. 24 December 2015. Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- Ramoran-Malasig, Carolyn. "The Malaysian Businesswoman Using Personal Branding To Build An Empire". Forbes. Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- "Vivy Yusof". YouTube. Retrieved 6 March 2018.
- "DFW Insider Info - Digital Fashion Week 2016". Digital Fashion Week 2016. Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- "AirAsia expands fashion designer search 2017 to all 10 Asean countries". 9 February 2017. Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- "Vivy Yusof - Endeavor". Endeavor. 8 March 2017. Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- "About - Endeavor". Endeavor. Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- "FashionValet more than makes the grade on Make The Pitch". Digital News Asia. 16 October 2012. Retrieved 11 January 2017.
- fashionvalet (11 April 2016), Introducing Love, Vivy, retrieved 11 January 2017
- "Reality show on 'mompreneur' Vivy Yusof to air on Astro RIA". 7 April 2016. Retrieved 11 January 2017.