Moldoveanu with Le Havre in 2012
|No. 1 – U BT Cluj-Napoca|
February 11, 1988 |
|Listed height||6 ft 9 in (2.06 m)|
|Listed weight||231 lb (105 kg)|
|High school||St. John's College
|NBA draft||2011 / Undrafted|
|2015–2016||Stelmet Zielona Góra|
|2016–present||U BT Cluj-Napoca|
|Career highlights and awards|
Vlad-Sorin Moldoveanu (born February 11, 1988) is a Romanian professional basketball player for U BT Cluj-Napoca of the Liga Națională. He also represents the Romanian national basketball team in the international competitions. Standing at 6 ft 9 in (2.06 m), he plays at the power forward position.
He began playing college basketball at the George Mason University, where he played sparingly and averaged 2.3 points and 2.1 rebounds per game over two seasons. He then transferred to American University, where he enjoyed a breakout junior year. Moldoveanu averaged 18.1 points and 6.5 rebounds per game and was named first team All-Patriot League. As a senior in 2010–11, he increased his scoring to 20.1 per game and was again named first team all-conference. In his last year of college he was also named in the Reese's College All-Star Game and was the Oscar Robertson Player of the Week for the week of Jan 9th 2011 after averaging 31.5 points and 9.5 rebounds per game during that week.
During his collegiate career, he has scored 1,098 points.
After going undrafted in the 2011 NBA draft, Moldoveneau signed a contract with the Italian team Benetton Treviso. In his first season as a professional player, he averaged 6.7 points in 37 games. For the 2012–13 season, he signed with the French team Le Havre. In 2012 and 2013, he has been named the Romanian Player of the Year. In August 2013, he signed a one-year deal with Kalev/Cramo.
- All-Tournament FIBA Europe Under-18 Championship First Team: 2006
- D.C. All-Metro First Team: 2007
- All-Patriot League First Team: 2010, 2011
- NABC Division I All-District 13 First Team: 2011
- College All-Star Game Participant (Houston, Texas, USA)
- KML Season MVP: 2014
- KML Finals MVP: 2014
- KML Best Foreigner: 2014
- Romanian Player of the Year: 2012, 2013
- Goff, Steven (January 11, 2011). "American's Vlad Moldoveanu has come a long way from Romania". Washington Post. Retrieved January 3, 2013.
- "All-Patriot League, Major Awards Announced for Men's Basketball". Patriot League. February 28, 2011. Retrieved January 3, 2013.
- AMERICAN'S MOLDOVEANU IS OSCAR ROBERTSON NATIONAL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
- "Vlad Moldovenanu Serie A profile". Lega Basket Serie A. 2012. Retrieved January 3, 2013.
- "Vlad Moldoveanu inks in Le Havre". Sportando.net. 2012. Retrieved January 3, 2013.
- "KALEV CRAMO inks Moldoveanu at forward". Eurocupbasketball.com. Retrieved 15 August 2013.
- "PGE Turow Zgorzelec adds big man Moldoveanu". Euroleague.net. Retrieved 18 July 2014.
- "Vlad Moldoveanu signs with Stelmet Zielona Gora". Sportando.com. July 11, 2015. Retrieved July 11, 2015.
- Inside Basket Europe, ed. (20 June 2016). "Vlad Moldeveanu (ex-STB le Havre) signe en Roumanie (U-Banca Transilvania)" (in French). Retrieved 20 June 2016.