Vladimir Alexeyevich Ivanov
Vladimir Alekseevich Ivanov (also Wladimir Ivanow; November 3, 1886- June 19, 1970) was a Russian orientalist. He was born in Saint Petersburg, Russia and died in Tehran, Iran. His work on Ismailism has opened new doors for the modern researchers on Islam. He graduated in 1907 and joined the faculty of Oriental Languages of the University of St. Petersburg.
- Fifty Years in the East: The Memoirs of Wladimir Ivanow, Farhad Daftary, I.B. Tauris, London (2015).
- The Importance of Studying Ismailism
- Concise descriptive catalogue of the Persian manuscripts in the Curzon collection
Asiatic Society (Calcutta, India)Library . Printed at the Baptist mission press, Pub. by the Asiatic society of Bengal, (1926), 582 pages.
- Ismaili literature: a bibliographical survey; second amplified edition of "A guide to Ismail literature", London, 1933, Tehran University Press, (1963) - 245 pages
- Catalogue of the Arabic manuscripts in the collection of the Royal Asiatic Society of Bengal, Asiatic Society (Calcutta, India) Library, Wladimir Ivanow, revised by M. Hidayat Hosain. Royal Asiatic Society of Bengal, (1939), 689 pages, 2 vols., 221 pages.
- The Gabri Dialect Spoken by the Zoroastrians of Persia (1940)
- Ismaili tradition concerning the rise of the Fatimids (1942). Volume 10 of the Islamic Research Association Series, Oxford Univ. Pr. in Komm., 450 pages .
- Ibn-al-Qaddah: (The Alleged Founder of Ismailism) (1946). The Ismaili Foundation, 2nd. edition, (1957), 169 pages,
- On the Recognition of the Imam: Or Fasl Dar Bayan-i Shinakht-i Imam (1947)
- Nāṣir-i Khusraw and Ismailism (1948).
- Studies in early Persian Ismailism. E.J. Brill, (1948) - 202 pages
- Naṣīr al-Dīn Muḥammad ibn Muḥammad Ṭūsī (translation)
- Catalogue of the Arabic Manuscripts in the Collection of the Asiatic Society of Bengal (1951), with M. Hidayat Hosain, M. Mahfuz-ul-Haq, M. Ishaque .
- Studies in early Persian Ismailism, 2nd ed. (1955)
- Problems in Nasir-i Khusraw's Biography (1956)