This article does not cite any sources. (October 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||4 March [O.S. 17 March 1909] 1909|
Moscow, Russian Empire
|Died||17 July 1993|
Moscow, Russian Federation
|Alma mater||Bauman Moscow State Technical University|
|Awards||Hero of Socialist Labour|
Vladimir Pavlovich Barmin (Russian: Владимир Павлович Бармин; 4 March [O.S. 17 March 1909] 1909 in Moscow – 17 July 1993 in Moscow) was a Soviet scientist, designer of the first soviet rocket launch complexes.
An asteroid, 22254 Vladbarmin, was named in his honor.
Honours and awards
- Hero of Socialist Labour (1956)
- Lenin Prize (1957)
- Stalin Prize (1943)
- USSR State Prize, three times (1967, 1977, 1985)
- Six Orders of Lenin
- Order of the October Revolution
- Order of Kutuzov 1st class
- Order of the Red Banner of Labour, twice
- Jubilee Medal "In Commemoration of the 100th Anniversary since the Birth of Vladimir Il'ich Lenin"
- Medal "In Commemoration of the 800th Anniversary of Moscow"
- J. K. Golovanov, M., "Korolev: Facts and myths", Nauka, 1994, ISBN 5-02-000822-2;
- "Rockets and people" – B. E. Chertok, M: "mechanical engineering", 1999. ISBN 5-217-02942-0 (in Russian);
- A. I. Ostashev, Sergey Pavlovich Korolyov - The Genius of the 20th Century — 2010 M. of Public Educational Institution of Higher Professional Training MGUL ISBN 978-5-8135-0510-2.
- "Bank of the Universe" - edited by Boltenko A. C., Kiev, 2014., publishing house "Phoenix", ISBN 978-966-136-169-9.
- "S. P. Korolev. Encyclopedia of life and creativity" - edited by C. A. Lopota, RSC Energia. S. P. Korolev, 2014 ISBN 978-5-906674-04-3.