Career and education
In 1973 he graduated from Tyumen Industrial Institute with a degree in oil and gas and since then has worked in oil industry in Tyumen Oblast, mainly in Surgutneftegaz. Since 1993, he is the President of Surgutneftegaz, one of the largest Russian oil companies. In 1978 - 1980 he occupied leading positions in Yuganskneftegaz. Since 1984 he has been the Director General of Surgutneftegaz, which became a private company in 1993. In June 2001 Forbes claimed that Bogdanov was the third wealthiest Russian with $1.6 billion. He has been a member of the Khanty–Mansi legislature since 1996.
Honours and awards
- Order of Merit for the Fatherland:
- 2nd class (28 May 2006) - for outstanding contribution to the development of fuel-energy complex and long conscientious work
- 3rd class (5 June 2001) - for outstanding contribution to the development of oil and gas industry and many years of diligent work
- 4th class (14 October 1997) - for services to the state, many years of hard work and great contribution to strengthening friendship and cooperation between nations
- Order of the Red Banner of Labour
- Order of the Badge of Honour
- Medal of Honour (Belarus), (14 September 2001) - for his great personal contribution to the development of economic relations between Belarus and the Russian Federation
- Honoured Oil and Gas Industry of the Russian Federation (14 May 1993) - for services to the oil and gas industry and many years of diligent work
- Honorary Oilman
- Honorary Citizen of Surgut (1997), Surgut Oblast (1998), Khanty-Mansiysk (1999)
- "Vladimir Bogdanov" (PDF). ECE. Retrieved 25 August 2013.
|This Russian business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|