Vladimir Morozov (swimmer)
|Full name||Vladimir Viktorovich Morozov|
16 June 1992 |
Novosibirsk Oblast, Russia
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||80 kg (180 lb)|
|Strokes||Freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke|
|Club||Trojan Swim Club|
|College team||University of Southern California (U.S.)|
Vladimir Viktorovich Morozov (Russian: Владимир Викторович Морозов; born 16 June 1992) is a Russian competitive swimmer and Olympic bronze medalist. He is the current Russian record-holder in the 50-meter backstroke (long course) and freestyle (short course and long course).
At the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, Morozov was as a member of the Russian 4x100-meter freestyle relay team, that placed third behind France and the United States. Swimming the third leg, Morozov has a split of 47.85.
Following the Olympics, Morozov competed at the 2012 European Short Course Championships and the 2012 World Short Course Championships held at the end of 2012. At the European Championships in Chartres, Morozov won seven medals including individual titles in the 100-meter freestyle and individual medley. At the World Championships in Istanbul, Morozov won gold in the 50- and 100-meter freestyle, and silver in the 4x100-meter medley relay. In the 50-meter freestyle, Morozov defeated Olympic champion Florent Manaudou and set the national record with a time of 20.55.
On 25 July 2016, Morozov was named by FINA as an athlete who had been identified by WADA as one that had benefited from the 'disappearing positive methodology' as part of a Russian state-run doping programme, and as such FINA declared him ineligible for the Rio 2016 Summer Olympics in accordance with the requirements issued by the International Olympic Committee the previous day. No further information was released as to possible punishments for doping. However, on August 4, 2016, Morozov was cleared to compete by the IOC.
Personal bests (long course)
- As of 30 July 2013
|50 m freestyle||21.47||Barcelona||August 3, 2013|
|100 m freestyle||47.62||Kazan||July 28, 2013|
|50 m backstroke||24.80||Kazan||April 18, 2013|
|100 m backstroke||53.70||Kazan||April 17, 2013|
- "Morozov: FINA".
- "USC Bio: Morozov".
- "Vladimir Morozov". London2012.com. Retrieved July 30, 2012.
- Vladimir Morozov. sports-reference.com
- FINA statement on Russian participation in Rio 2016.
- Keith, Braden (July 27, 2016). "WADA Confirms Finding of "Disappearing Positives" for Morozov". Swimswam. Retrieved July 27, 2016.
- Anderson, Jared (August 4, 2016). "Morozov, Lobintsev Approved For Rio Olympics, TASS Reports". Swimswam. Retrieved August 4, 2016.
- "Vladimir Morozov making his mark for USC swimming". LA Times. Retrieved March 30, 2013.
- Vladimir Morozov – University of Southern California athlete profile at USCTrojans.com
- Vladimir Morozov on Twitter
- Vladimir Morozov on Facebook
Tommaso D'Orsogna, Travis Mahoney, Cate Campbell, Bronte Campbell
|Mixed 4 × 50 metres freestyle relay world record-holder
14 December 2013 – 6 December 2014
With: Sergey Fesikov, Rozaliya Nasretdinova, Veronika Popova
Josh Schneider, Matt Grevers, Madison Kennedy, Abbey Weitzeil
|Men's 100 metre individual medley
world record holder (short course)
26 August 2016 – present
Cameron van der Burgh
|FINA World Cup
Overall male winner