Vladimir Nikitin (boxer)
|Height||5 ft 6+1⁄2 in (169 cm)|
|Reach||68 in (173 cm)|
|Born||22 March 1990|
Verkhnyaya Maksakovka, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union
|Wins by KO||1|
Vladimir Olegovich Nikitin (Russian: Владимир Олегович Никитин; born 22 March 1990) is a Russian professional boxer. He is best known for controversially winning a bronze medal at the 2016 Rio Olympics against Irish boxer Michael Conlan.
Nikitin gained a bronze medal in the 2013 European Amateur Boxing Championships, losing to gold medallist John Joe Nevin in the semi-final. Later that year, he won silver at the 2013 AIBA World Boxing Championships, losing in the final to Azerbaijan's Javid Chalabiyev.
In the 2016 Olympics Nikitin secured himself another medal by reaching the semi finals. His defeats of Chatchai Butdee and top seed Michael Conlan on judges decisions in the previous two rounds saw the Thai and Irish camps both question the integrity of the judges.  Nikitin withdrew from the semi-final due to injuries sustained from the Conlan fight, but took home a bronze medal.
Professional boxing record
|7 fights||5 wins||1 loss|
|4||Loss||3–1||Michael Conlan||UD||10||14 Dec 2019||Madison Square Garden, New York City, New York, US||For WBO Inter-Continental featherweight title|
|3||Win||3–0||Juan Tapia||MD||6||17 Mar 2019||The Theater at Madison Square Garden, New York City, New York, US|
|2||Win||2–0||Clay Burns||UD||6||20 Oct 2018||Park Theater, Paradise, Nevada, US|
|1||Win||1–0||Edward Kakembo||UD||6||28 Jul 2018||Kissimmee Civic Center, Kissimmee, Florida, US|
- "Boxing record for Vladimir Nikitin". BoxRec.
- Thongsombat, Kittipong (16 August 2016). "Thais blast biased boxing judges after losses". Bangkok Post. Retrieved 17 August 2016.
- Федерация бокса России Владимир Никитин вышел в полуфинал чемпионата мира по боксу [Vladimir Nikitin reaches semifinal boxing championship] (in Russian). Boxing Federation of Russia. Archived from the original on 29 October 2013. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
- "Rio 2016: Michael Conlan cries 'robbery' after controversial quarter-final defeat". BBC. 16 August 2016. Retrieved 17 August 2016.
- "Michael Conlan: Opponent Vladimir Nikitin out of Rio semis because of injury". BBC. 18 August 2016. Retrieved 18 August 2016.