|Member of the Moldovan Parliament|
9 March 2019 – 30 July 2019
|Succeeded by||Ghenadie Verdeș|
|Parliamentary group||Democratic Party|
9 December 2014 – 30 July 2015
|Succeeded by||Corneliu Dudnic|
|Parliamentary group||Democratic Party|
28 November 2010 – 28 October 2013
|Succeeded by||Ion Stratulat|
|Parliamentary group||Democratic Party|
|Leader of the Democratic Party|
24 December 2016 – 24 June 2019
|Preceded by||Marian Lupu|
|Succeeded by||Pavel Filip|
|First Vice President of the Moldovan Parliament|
30 December 2010 – 15 February 2013
|President||Marian Lupu (acting)|
|Prime Minister||Vladimir Filat|
|Preceded by||Serafim Urechean|
|Born||1 January 1966|
Pitușca, Moldavian SSR, USSR (present-day Moldova)
|Political party||Democratic Party of Moldova|
|Alma mater||Technical University of Moldova|
University of European Studies of Moldova
Vladimir Plahotniuc (born 1 January 1966) is a Moldovan politician, businessman and oligarch. He was the chairman of the Democratic Party of Moldova (24 December 2016 – 24 June 2019) and previously was member of the Parliament of Moldova in three terms (December 2010 – October 2013, December 2014 – July 2015, February 2019 – July 2019), and served as First Deputy Speaker of the Parliament of Moldova (December 2010 – February 2013). Until leaving the territory of the Republic of Moldova in 2019, he was considered to be the powerhouse of Moldovan politics in matters of influence, controlling Moldova's government and parliamentary majority. Plahotniuc currently resides in Turkey after having fled Republic of Moldova in June 2019.
Early life and education
Plahotniuc was born on 1 January 1966 in Pitușca, Călărași District, Moldavian SSR, Soviet Union (now Moldova). As he stated in an interview, a strong footprint in his education was left by his parents and grandparents. He attended the Grozești village secondary school, in Nisporeni District. In 1983 he graduated this institution with a Cum Laude diploma. In 1991 he graduated the Technical University of Moldova with a bachelor's degree in Engineering, at the Food Industry Technology Faculty. In 2002 he obtained an MBA degree at the same university. In 2006 he obtained a master's degree in Civil Law at the European Studies University of Moldova.
During 1991–1993, he held the position of specialist at the "Minor" Center for prevention and rehabilitation of juvenile offenders, affiliated with the Chișinău City Hall. He held the position of economist at Euro EstHundel Ltd Moldova, then he worked at "Voyage" Ltd Moldova. In 1995–1998 he founded "Angels" Moldovan-American Financial Group, which he managed until 2001. From 2001 to 2010 he held the position of Commercial Manager and afterwards he was the general manager of "Petrom Moldova" JSC, dealing with oil import and distribution. Starting in 2005 he was appointed Vice chairman of the board at Victoriabank commercial bank, one of the leading banks of Moldova and in 2006 he became its chairman, a position he held until January 2011. Since then, he has been focusing on his political career as a member of the Democratic Party of Moldova. In 2015, he founded a large media company, including General Media Group and Radio Media Group.
In August 2010 Plahotniuc stated: "I don't get involved in politics. I'm not interested in running on a party list." But on the evening of 19 November 2010, during the meeting of the Political Bureau of the Democratic Party of Moldova, it was decided to include Plahotniuc on the 2nd spot on its electoral party list. As result, he delegated the administration of his businesses to his managers to be able to dedicate himself to politics. He became a member of the Parliament in December 2010, a position he held until October 2013 when he resigned.
On 30 December 2010, during the Democratic Party National Political Council session, Plahotniuc was appointed Deputy Chairman of the Democratic Party of Moldova. On the same day he was elected as the First Deputy Speaker of the Parliament of the Republic of Moldova. He was also elected as a member of the Commission of Economy, Budget and Finance within the Parliament of Moldova.
In June 2012, Plahotniuc became First Deputy Chairman of the Democratic Party of Moldova.
On 15 February 2013, the parliamentary fraction of PCRM and PLDM, without the conclusion of the Parliamentary Commission "Legal Committee for appointments and immunities" of the Parliament of the Republic of Moldova, together voted motion of no confidence to Vladimir Plahotniuc. Following this decision, supported by the votes of 73 out of 101 deputies from the Communist Party and Liberal Democratic Party, the office of First Deputy Speaker of the Parliament of Moldova was abolished and this is what determined Vladimir Plahotniuc to resign. In its turn, Vlad Plahotniuc – urged the Prime Minister Vlad Filat, who was later condemned for influence peddling and passive corruption, to follow his lead. At the end of October 2013, Vladimir Plahotniuc resigned from the MP position. The motion of no confidence was the reason given in January 2016 by the Moldovan President Nicolae Timofti, to reject the Vlad Plahotniuc candidature for the Prime Minister Position. Timofti has mentioned, "Plahotniuc is not qualified for the Prime-Minister position". He further precise that among the qualifications for that position are "the integrity of the candidate must not give rise to doubt".
Plahotniuc told reporters in 2014: "I entered politics with my business in place. I wanted to give something back, not the other way round." He is one of the wealthiest people in Moldova, if not the wealthiest one. According to his op-ed, he declares himself as a huge supporter of EU integration and strengthening the relations with the west. In December 2014, Plahotniuc was elected again as a member of Parliament, and in July 2015 he resigned again from this position "to focus his political activity on reforming the party".
On 15 October 2015, on the day Vlad Filat was detained as part of the ongoing investigation into the 2014 Moldovan bank fraud scandal, Plahotniuc announced via Facebook that he had auto-suspended himself from the position of First Deputy Chairman of the Democratic Party of Moldova, and also from the position of a member of this party "... to no let appear insinuations that he influences the investigation in the bank fraud case, and to not cause damage to the image of the party (PDM)".
In early May 2016 Plahotniuc, as an executive coordinator of the Governing Coalition Council, a previously unknown position, was on an official visit to Washington. He attended an event of the Atlantic Council, where he met Victoria Nuland, assistant to the US Secretary of State.
On 24 December 2016 during the 8th Democratic Party Congress, Plahotniuc was elected Chairman of the Democratic Party of Moldova. On 6 March 2017, Plahotniuc announced that his party would propose a uninominal voting system. Two months later on 10 May, he announced the party's position to completely support the Government in its reform of the central administration. In a press briefing, he stated only nine ministries would remain out of the existing sixteen.
In March 2017 Plahotniuc was elected as deputy president of the Socialist International at the XXVth congress of the organization, taking place from 2 to 4 March in Cartagena, Colombia. Thus he joined the leadership of the Socialist International chaired by George Papandreou, President of the Socialist International and Luis Ayala, Secretary General of the Socialist International, who were also reelected for the next four years.
On 30 March 2017, a majority of the Moldova Parliament, led by the Democrats, voted a draft law on modifying the Constitution of Moldova on lifting the immunity of MPs, while the Socialist and Communist MPs criticized the initiative. In 2013, Plahotniuc declared, "Immunity lifting of deputies is not populism, is a test that politicians should give to the society."
In 2018, Plahotniuc urged the government to launch a campaign to promote a housing program named "Prima casă" ("First Home"), planned to ease acquirement of housing for civil servants. At the beginning of 2018, he also announced the launching of a national program "Drumuri bune pentru Moldova" ("Good Roads for Moldova"). Plahotniuc mentioned that this project is the biggest infrastructure project since the declaration of Independence, although some experts found the project to be unrealistic.
According to previous opinion polls, Plahotniuc was the most anti-rating Moldovan politician, considered by the Moldovan citizens to be a politician with less trust and an unfavorable opinion. The polls made in 2019 referring to the most respected politicians of the Republic of Moldova Vladimir Plahotniuc was ranked at the 3rd and 5th in the top of politicians in which Moldovans have the highest trust.
On the parliamentary elections on 24 February 2019 has been elected as an MP into the Parliament of the Republic of Moldova designated by the Democratic Party of Moldova in the Nisporeni uninominal constituency no.17.
On 24 June 2019 Vladimir Plahotniuc resigned from the position of the chairman of the Democratic Party of Moldova.
On 30 July 2019 Vladimir Plahotniuc has renounced his MP's mandate within the Parliament of the Republic of Moldova. The Parliament has approved the decision on Vladimir Plahotniuc's resignation as MP. And the MP's mandate for the uninominal circumscription no.17, where Plahotniuc was elected, was declared vacant.
As the first deputy chairman of the Parliament of the Republic of Moldova, Plahotniuc represented the interests of the Republic of Moldova both during official trips and at official meetings with political leaders from other states.
Between 13 and 15 June 2011, Plahotniuc attended the 9th Conference of the presidents of the Parliaments of the Member States of the South East European Cooperation Process. The Republic of Moldova is a member of the SEECP since 2006. He was also part of CIS member countries Interparliamentary Assembly, the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, the Friendship Group with the Swiss Confederation, the Friendship Group with the Hellenic Republic and the Friendship Group with the Hungarian Republic.
Position on foreign relations
Plahotniuc stated in an interview for the Moldovan news website Deschide.md that "the Republic of Moldova will not cancel or renegotiate the Association Agreement with the EU, and will not sign an Agreement with the Euro-Asiatic Union", qualifying the statements made by Igor Dodon in Moscow as purely electioneering rhetoric. Regarding president Igor Dodon's official visit to Moscow, Plahotniuc has committed the Democratic Party to stand firmly for continuing Moldova's commitment to the European Union and maintains that the Moldova – EU relation must stay pivotal for the foreign policy.
On 7 January 2017 Plahotniuc addressed a message to the U.S. president-elect Donald Trump; the statement reflects the party leader's vision: ″Moldova is willing to become a bridge between East and West, not a battleground for the world powers″.
As chairman of the Democratic Party of Moldova, Plahotniuc has stood against the long-looming prospect of a Russian-annexed Moldova. The Democratic Party of Moldova has repeatedly reaffirmed its devotion to Western doctrines such as democracy.
During his presidency of the Democratic Party, Plahotniuc has attended many meetings with officials from the US and Europe. One of his achievements in that direction was the submission of pro-Moldovan resolutions in the House of Representatives of the US Congress by Congressmen David Price and Pete Olson after having several meetings with them. The resolution reiterated the US support for the territorial integrity of Moldova and for the resolution of the Transnistria conflict, as well as to enhance cooperation between Moldova and the US.
Position on Russian interference in Moldova
Plahotniuc has declared many times that one of his main goals is to stop Russian interference in Moldova, which had spread to all spheres of Moldovan economy such as media, banking system, insurance, NGOs and political organisations. To minimize Russian influence over the region, Plahotniuc together with the government coalition pioneered many reforms and laws such as anti-propaganda law, financial reforms based on EU directives and NGO's reform.
Russia, in response to laws that aimed to reduce its influence over the regions, started to frame Moldovan officials, including Plahotniuc with bogus legal cases, ratcheting up a long-running diplomatic row between the two countries. According to Moldovan officials, these actions were due to ongoing investigations into the case known locally as the "Russian Laundromat". Plahotniuc declared that Russia's behavior "toward my colleagues and me is an explicit act of blackmail and political harassment.. abusive and illegal behavior, which will not change our commitment to the democratic and European development of Moldova.
The Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation, on 22 February 2019, accused Vladimir Plahotniuc of money laundering. According to Plahotniuc's own political party, the Democratic Party, "This was an abusive interference from the Russian Federation side into the elections in the Republic of Moldova. And this so-called case was opened by Russians against the DP's leader, just two days before the parliamentary elections in Moldova, which is clearly an abuse from the Russian Federation side by which they try to influence the election outcomes in Moldova".
On 26 June 2019, two days after Vlad Plahotniuc's resignation from the position of the PDM chairperson, he was arraignment, in his absence, in the Russian Federation for organizing the criminal drug trafficking network in particularly large proportions in North Africa, through the European Union, to CIS countries, including the Russian Federation. The former PD leader wrote that these are some of the "threats" addressed to him and his family: "Russian Federation has several criminal cases against me, I am not aware of their exact count. I have learned about each of them from press. They would appear either in the times of elections or when the Republic of Moldova, governed by Democratic Party, made decisions that were not to Moscow's liking. All these cases are fantasies and attempts to involve my name in cases that have absolutely nothing to do with me. It is precisely for reasons of political harassment that Interpol rejected tens of Russia's attempt to limit my freedom of movement abusively."
According to the International report International Security and Estonia 2020, published by the Estonian secret services, at the end of 2017, the FSB Directorate for Support Program decided to carry out an influence operation against Vlad Plahotniuc, The purpose of the influence operation was to spread information on Plahotniuc's criminal image and his alleged opposition to European integration, which would discourage the West from cooperating with Plahotniuc. The Kremlin was concerned about Plahotniuc's influence as such, and not about the mechanisms and approaches he was implementing. His influence prevented Russia from achieving its own goals in Moldova and, consequently, as a precondition for the expansion of Russian influence.
Plahotniuc ran companies in the following domains: oil, financial and banking, hotel business, media and real estate. In August 2010, the Ukrainian business magazine "Delo" estimated Plahotniuc's wealth to 300 million dollars. Money originated from both "Victoriabank" and "Petrom Moldova" activity, where he acted as Deputy chairman of the board of directors and then general director.
Plahotniuc acted as the Chairman of Victoriabank, one of the leading banks in Moldova until January 2011. In 2004–2007 Plahotniuc was the unofficial business partner with Viorel and Victor Țopa, together with whom he gained control over bank Victoriabank and Prime TV channel. In September 2010, Victor and Viorel Țopa addressed a memorandum to a number of national and international institutions (17), accusing Plahotniuc of "raider attacks" of July–August 2011 on a number of 4 banks and ASITO assurance company. The ex-president of Victoriabank, Victor Țurcan, affirmed later in an interview that the real crooks in Victoriabank case are Victor and Viorel Țopa, and they manipulate the public opinion through false statements. Later, by one criminal file for each of Țopa was initiated, and they have fled to Germany, accusing Plahotniuc on political persecution. On 8 March 2017 Plahotniuc published on his Facebook page the Amsterdam Court's decision where is confirmed that Țopa's accusations about the "raider attack" from Victoriabank are unfounded.
Vladimir Plahotniuc has founded two companies: General Media Group Corp and Radio Media Group Inc., which incorporated four TV channels: Publika TV, Prime TV, Canal 2 and Canal 3 and 3 radio stations – Publika FM, Muz FM and Maestro FM. Then, two TV channels Canal 2 and Canal 3 owned by General Media Group Corp have passed in possession of Telestar Media. The democratic leader officially owns two TV channels Prime and Publika TV and two radio stations Muz FM and Publika FM.
Moldova Business People Association
Prior to his entrance into politics on behalf of the Democratic Party of Moldova, on 26 July 2010, Plahotniuc founded the Moldova Business People Association and he remains the Association's president and in two months it launched its activity with an international economic summit, which had Dominique de Villepin, French politician and writer, former Minister of Foreign Affairs in the French Government, as a guest speaker of the event. The list of participants included Vladimir Plahotniuc, the Chairman of MBPA board; Andrian Candu – General Director of MBPA; Valeriu Lazăr – Deputy Prime-Minister, Ministry of Economy and Commerce; Dorin Drăguțanu – Governor of National Bank of Moldova, and many other honorable guests.
On Plahotniuc's initiative, the Moldova Business People Association launched a collaboration with the Academy of Sciences of Moldova, taking into account that research needs support from the business environment. On 25 October 2010, during a festive event, the Moldova Business People Association handed out diplomas to the top 100 managers from Moldova.
Plahotniuc is founder of The Foundation of Vlad Plahotniuc "EDELWEISS", which is involved in implementing various social projects in Moldova. Founded in 2010, the foundation implemented many cultural projects, book donations, music concerts and artistic events, supported Moldovan sportsmen, provided financial support for people in need of medical care, Thus, flood victims of the summer 2010 Prut River overflowing received financial aid and goods. People in need from all around the country benefited from the same type of assistance and support. Edelweiss refurbished the dormitory building of the "Gracious Joseph" Orphanage and donated them various gifts.
In 2014, Edelweiss started a national scale social campaign called "Revive Moldova". Initiated to support and encourage mothers of newborn babies by offering bespoke presents, including childcare and other important things that mothers may need. The campaign was launched in July 2016 at the Mother and Child Institute in Chișinău and extended in 2017 to three other maternities in the country: Maternity Hospital Nisporeni, Cahul and Edineț. The campaign soon reached its goal: to collect 1 million euros for the reconstruction works and modern medical equipment of the Institute of Mother and Child in Chișinău.
Edelweiss has also allocated resources to development of children playgrounds and invested a lot in rural localities. Under the Edelweiss Parks project, over 40 safe and modern playgrounds for children from different localities of the country were built.
In 2017, Edelweiss started the project "Respect for Seniors" in partnership with the Austrian Embassy and the "Neoumanist" Education Association. The project aims to improve the living standards of 40 elderly people in Strășeni district by providing social and medical services at home.
In 2017, the Foundation initiated a project addressed to high school students in the Republic of Moldova to support the enrichment of the educational environment and to encourage students by offering 100 monthly scholarships during the study year 2017–2018.
In 2016 the foundation was officially renamed to Fundația lui Vlad Plahotniuc "EDELWEISS" (The Foundation of Vlad Plahotniuc "EDELWEISS").
The campaign "A new life" continued in 2018 at the Mother and Child Institute in Chișinău, at the maternity hospitals in Nisporeni, Cahul and Edineț and extends in the other 20 maternities in the country: Bălți, Cantemir, Călărași, Căușeni, Cimișlia, Criuleni, Ceadîr–Lunga, Drochia, Fălești, Florești, Hîncești, Ialoveni, Rezina, Rîșcani, Sîngerei, Soroca, Strășeni, Șoldănești, Ștefan Vodă, Ungheni, with over 12,400 beneficiaries of boxes for newborns.
On 7 April 2017, Serhiy Knyazev of the National Police of Ukraine and Arsen Avakov of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine announced an attempt had been made on Plahotniuc's life. Authorities detained eight people in Moldova and nine in Ukraine. The investigators found the assassins had links to Russian Federation special forces. On 8 April, according to a press release of State Border Guard Service of Ukraine, the attempted murder was coordinated by people from the Russian intelligence services. The same day, in a common press statement of Moldovan police and prosecutors, it was stated that the crime was commanded by two citizens of Moldova, one of them being a head of a criminal group, based in Russia. However, some political analysts stated at an opposition channel Jurnal TV, that these events are part of a hybrid war. On 27 April 2017, Moldovan prosecutors stated in a press conference, that the interlope Grigore Caramalac (also spelled Karamalak; alias "Bulgaru") is one of the persons who ordered the murder of Plahotniuc. The second individual would be a detainee in a Moldovan prison. Six defendants on Vladimir Plahotniuc's assassination attempt file have been convicted by the first instance.
The Gorbuntsov case and arrest in absentia
Plahotniuc has been accused by a hired assassin of being behind the order to kill German Gorbuntsov. Plahotniuc had long been suspected of being linked to the "organization of the murder attempt on banker German Gorbuntsov." The latter rejects the information issued by the murderer Vitalie Proca and claims that Renato Usatîi is the one who wants his death, and Plahotniuc would have no reason to order his assassination. Finally, Moldovan media were divided into two camps, and both camps have their own version of the case. As reaction, on 30 November 2017 a Moscow court has issued an arrest warrant for Plahotniuc, charged with attempted murder and was placed on the Russia's international wanted list of criminals. The authorities of the Russian Federation submitted a request to INTERPOL for Plahotniuc to be placed on an international search list. The request was rejected by INTERPOL on the grounds that is pursued the political interest. It justified its decision by saying that the international police organization cannot intervene in what are essentially political disputes between member states. The General Prosecutor’s Office in Moldova announced on Monday evening that it plans to seize overseas property belonging to Vlad Plahotniuc. The General Prosecutor’s Office issued a statement saying, “This is about the accused’s villas in Switzerland, France and Romania, and five cars and a boat (registered in Switzerland). Also, nine apartments registered in the name of his wife, as well as four vehicles in Moldova, are to be seized”.
The century theft
In September 2016, Plahotniuc's name was circulated as being the beneficiary of the "century theft" from the Moldovan banking sector. Kroll International Company in its investigation has called Ilan Shor, the businessman with Moldova-Israeli citizenship, the key organizer and final beneficiary of this theft. The former Prime Minister, Vlad Filat, the mayor of the Orhei town, Ilan Shor, and the controversial businessman Veaceslav Platon have been convicted within this case.
The New York Times has called Plahotniuc Moldova's "Most Feared Tycoon". In the Carnegie Report, "The Structure of Corruption in Moldova," Plahotniuc is referred to as controlling Moldova's network outside of the government and that a central-bank-commissioned report detailing a suspicious transfer of around $1 billion was "seen as a move by the Plahotniuc network to disable its lone competitor, the network around former prime minister Vladimir Filat.
After the events of June 2019, the fall of the DPM government and Plahotniuc's departure from the country, criminal prosecution actions against him, incriminating his involvement in the bank robbery has followed.
In October 2019, Vlad Plahotniuc was announced in an international and interstate search, the request to be searched on Interpol channels for the arrest and extradition of the accused, being sent to the General Secretariat of the Interpol ICPO.
On 23 July 2020, the File Control Commission of the ICPO Interpol General Secretariat informed the General Prosecutor's Office of the Republic of Moldova about the refusal to include the former DPM leader Vladimir Plahotniuc in the list of people announced in the international search and decided to delete his data from the databases of the organization.
Despite the fact that his name is not mentioned in the founding documents, there is a rumor that Vlad Plahotniuc is the owner of the most luxurious hotel in Chișinău – "Nobil". It was also said that he owns "Codru" hotel and "Asito" Insurance Company, "Drive" Night Club from Moldova. Moldova Agroindbank is the Codru hotel's current owner, and it announced that the hotel will become the bank's headquarter.
Criticism and allegations
In June 2015, former Prime Minister of Moldova Ion Sturza, stated in a TV talk-show that "[...] Republic of Moldova is a captured state, and it is controlled by Plahotniuc [...]". In October 2015 Petru Bogatu, a Moldovan op-ed columnist, wrote hard criticism in Plahotniuc's address, stating that he [Plahotniuc] "has usurped the central country's administration", and "has subordindate to him prosecutors and judges, subjugating this way country's constitutional institutions. As a result, he transformed the state into a private firm, and the justice – into a gestapo for the intimidation and burial of his political opponents." However, these statements are no an impediment for him to be employed by the TV Prime channel that belong to Plahotniuc.
Several media sources have called him oligarch. The former Prime Minister, Vlad Filat, has called him "The puppeteer" (Romanian: Păpușarul) being accused for traffic of influence over all Moldovan political class. He constantly draws criticism from Moldovan analysts, NGOs, and columnists, such as journalist Natalia Morari, who called out Plahotniuc for being "pro-Plahotniuc and pro-corruption".
On 21 September 2017, Maia Sandu, the chairperson of the Party of Action and Solidarity, submitted to the Office of the Prosecutor General of the Republic of Moldova a criminal denunciation on Vladimir Plahotniuc, accusing him in usurpation of state power through the seizure of all state government powers through blackmail and corruption. On 11 October 2017, Mihai Ghimpu, the chairperson of the Liberal Party, has reassumed at the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe some of these accusations and has complained on the fact that Plahotniuc controls the justice in Moldova and abusing this is intimidating political opponents. Ghimpu's statements come as a reaction to the arrest of Chisinau Mayor Dorin Chirtoaca (25 May 2017), to whom was incriminated an act of corruption, traffic of influence and excess of official authority in the case of Toll Parking in Chisinau, as well as the arrest of the Minister of Transport and Road Infrastructure, Iurie Chirinciuc (28 April 2017), the case regarding it contains 3 incriminations: passive corruption, abuse of official position and illegal extraction of mineral resources.
On 13 January 2020, the State Secretary of US, Mike Pompeo, has announced that Vladimir Plahotniuc and his family members are on the list of declared persona non-grata in the US. Later, on 11 Juny 2020 Plahotniuc has contested legally this decision at a New York court.
On 16 June 2020, the General Persecutor of Moldova, Alexandr Stoianoglo, asked the US authorities the extradition of Plahotniuc in Moldova. According to political analyst Vladislav Kulminski, Director of the Institute of Strategic Initiatives, "the request of the Moldovan Prosecutor's Office was issued on the basis of an inapplicable agreement, and this proves to some extent its political, but not legal, origin." At the same time, he states that "extradition from the USA is possible only if there is a bilateral extradition agreement, which clearly stipulates the crimes for which a person can be extradited. There is no such agreement between Moldova and the USA".
At the beginning of 2011, shortly after his election to Parliament, Romanian newspaper Adevărul unveiled the fact that Plahotniuc has Romanian citizenship, being registered under the name of Vlad Ulinici, and previously as Vladimir Ulinici. He explained this fact by "wanting to protect his children against discrimination during their studies in Romania". Later, he announced that he had requested that his name be changed to Plahotniuc in his Romanian documents as well. For the use of the false identity Plahotniuc faced criminal prosecution in Romania three years after his double Ulinici/Plahotniuc identity was revealed in Adevărul Moldova. The prosecutor dismissed the criminal case because in the Republic of Moldova using a false identity is not a crime.
In December 2019, it was found out that Vlad Plahotniuc has one more identity on the territory of the Republic of Moldova with the name of Vladislav Novak. The document, according to President Igor Dodon, was issued by the Public Services Agency at the request of the Information and Security Service of the Republic of Moldova.
By Decree no. 1298 of the President of the Republic of Moldova of 29 August 2007 regarding the granting of state distinctions "for the contribution to the reconstruction of the Curchi monastic complex and the merits for the preservation and propagation of the historical-cultural heritage" was awarded with the Order "Gloria Muncii".
On 24 July 2014, Vlad Plahotniuc was awarded by the former President of the Republic of Moldova, Nicolae Timofti with the highest distinction in Moldova Order of the Republic "for major contributions to attaining foreign policy goals set by the Moldovan government – political association and economic integration with European Union". He was stripped of the distinction on 18 February 2021 by the current president of the Republic of Moldova Maia Sandu.
- Alina Turcanu (27 January 2011). "EXCLUSIV: Vladimir Plahotniuc este "fantoma" cu dublă identitate din Republica Moldova. Demnitarul apare în documentele oficiale ale României cu o altă identitate, Vlad Ulinici" (in Romanian).
- "Plahotniuc deține cetățenie turcă. Stoianoglo: Nu excludem că dosarul va fi transmis în Turcia" (in Romanian). 24 December 2020. Retrieved 25 December 2020.
- "Plahotniuc, tot mai aproape de hotarele Moldovei | DW | 01.10.2020". DW.COM.
- "Moldova secessionists increasing just as in Crimea". The Washington Times. Retrieved 2 June 2022.
- "Cum și când și-a planificat Plahotniuc fuga din Moldova. O investigație indică locuința de lux din Miami a ex-liderului PDM – Cotidianul", Cotidianul, 14 January 2020, retrieved 5 March 2020
- "Cum s-a pregătit Vladimir Plahotniuc să părăsească Republica Moldova și unde a plecat fostul lider democrat – NewsMaker", NewsMaker, 14 January 2020, retrieved 5 March 2020
- "Powerful tycoon sees Moldova sticking to EU path regardless of election outcome". 11 November 2016. Retrieved 21 August 2017.
- Frankel, Jeremy. "Moldova secessionists increasing just as in Crimea". The Washington Times. Retrieved 29 November 2017.
- Vladimir Socor (26 January 2017). "Moldova's President in the Kremlin: A Snapshot of Moldova-Russia Relations". Retrieved 21 August 2017.
- "Ukraine and Moldova police prevented assassination of Democrat oligarch Vlad Plahotniuc". 7 April 2017.
- "Moldovan Prosecutors Say Fugitive Tycoon Plahotniuc In Turkey; Will Seek Extradition". RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty. 29 September 2020.
- "Omul cu propria definiție a Succesului". Archived from the original on 9 December 2011. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- "Members of the Parliament". Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- "Board of directors", Aoam.md, retrieved 23 March 2020
- Cum a devenit Vladimir Plahotniuc milionar în euro, 27 ianuarie 2011, adevarul.ro, accesat la 6 mai 2011
- "Plahotniuc a devenit oficial mogul de presă: Deține 4 televiziuni și 3 posturi de radio". AGORA. 20 April 2016.
- "Cine sunt proprietarii posturilor de televiziune și de radio din țara noastră". Today.md. Retrieved 23 April 2016.
- "S-a confirmat! Vladimir Plahotniuc este candidatul la funcția de depu…", archive.is, 8 January 2013, archived from the original on 8 January 2013, retrieved 18 March 2020
- "Vladimir Plahotniuc și-a transmis afacerile în administrarea managerilor, pentru a se ocupa de politică". Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- "Vlad Plahotniuc a renuntat la afaceri". protv.md. 23 March 2020.
- UNIMEDIA. "(video) Declarația lui Plahotniuc după VOT: Îmi dau demisia și îl îndemn pe Filat să facă la fel!". UNIMEDIA.
- ""Imi dau demisia si il astept pe Filat sa-si anunte si el plecarea". Functia lui Plahotniuc, lichidata". protv.md. 23 March 2020.
- "Deputatul democrat Vlad Plahotniuc a demisionat din funcția de prim-vicepreședinte al Parlamentului și îi cere lui Vlad Filat să facă la fel". PUBLIKA.MD. 13 April 2016.
- "Decret prezidential". Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- "Lupu – reales, Plahotniuc – avansat". Timpul – Știri din Moldova.
- "Transcriere. Ședința Parlamentului Republicii Moldova din 15 februarie 2013", Privesc.Eu, retrieved 25 January 2019
- "Новости: Молдова: Парламент большинством голосов вынес вотум недоверия Владимиру Плахотнюку в качестве первого вице-спикера", www.terra.md, retrieved 25 January 2019
- "IPN Politics", www.ipn.md, retrieved 25 January 2019
- "IPN Politics", www.ipn.md, 16 February 2013, retrieved 25 January 2019
- "Partidul Liberal Democrat din Moldova (PLDM) / partide.md", www.e-democracy.md, retrieved 25 January 2019
- ""Foaie verde și-un cartuz*, ghinda s-a făcut harbuz", reacția PL după votul COMUN între PLDM și PCRM", Timpul – Știri din Moldova, retrieved 25 January 2019
- Vitalie Călugăreanu (15 February 2013). "Plahotniuc a fost demis. Mascații au năvălit în Guvern" (in Romanian). Deutsche Welle. Retrieved 8 October 2017.
- Valeria Vițu (15 February 2013). "Chișinău: Prim-vicepreședintele Parlamentului, Vlad Plahotniuc demis" (in Romanian). RFI Romania. Retrieved 8 October 2017.
- "Fostul premier Filat, condamnat la 9 ani de închisoare, a depus o plângere la CtEDO: "Am fost victima unui proces desfășurat în condiții obscure, de clandestinitate"", jurnal.md, retrieved 25 January 2019
- "Republica Moldova: Fostul premier Vlad Filat, condamnat la 9 ani de închisoare, a depus o plângere la CEDO", Agerpres.ro, 10 August 2017, retrieved 25 January 2019
- "Vlad Plahotniuc și-a prezentat demisia: In Parlament s-a creat o altă alianță — PLDM-PCRM / partide.md", www.e-democracy.md, retrieved 25 January 2019
- "UNIMEDIA - Portalul de știri nr. 1 din Moldova". unimedia.info.
- "Republica Moldova PARLAMENTUL HOTĂRÎRE Nr. 5 din 15.02.2013", lex.justice.md, retrieved 25 January 2019
- Cristian Pantazi (13 January 2016), "Presedintele Nicolae Timofti respinge candidatura lui Vlad Plahotniuc pentru functia de premier si cere un alt nume – Esential", HotNews.ro, retrieved 25 January 2019
- "Moldovan president rejects candidacy of Vladimir Plahotniuc for prime minister". TASS Russian News Agency. Retrieved 27 May 2016.
- "Președintele Nicolae Timofti respinge candidatura domnului Vladimir Plahotniuc la funcția de prim-ministru". www.presedinte.md.
- Rapoza, Kenneth. "How The Russians Helped Turn Moldova Into A Hotbed For Money Laundering". Forbes. Retrieved 15 July 2020.
- "Vlad Plahotniuc: Moldova's man in the shadows". openDemocracy.
- "Cei mai bogaţi oameni din Republica Moldova". adevarul.ro. 15 July 2015.
- "Cum a devenit Vladimir Plahotniuc milionar în euro". adevarul.ro. 27 January 2011.
- Moldova crisis: An elite power grab?. David Stern, BBC News, 27 January 2016
- "Financial Times, about the oligarchs from Eastern Europe: Plahotniuc, the richest man from Moldova, captured long time ago the power - Politics - Jurnal.md". 21 August 2017. Archived from the original on 21 August 2017.
- Ce avere are Vlad Plahotniuc? Între 2 și 2,5 miliarde de dolari. mold-street.com, 28 October 2016
- Plahotniuc, Vladimir (7 January 2017). "A message for Trump and the US: Moldova wants to be a bridge, not a battleground, between East and West". Fox News Channel. Retrieved 29 November 2017.
- Victoria Dumbravă (20 April 2016). "VIDEO. Plahotniuc pleacă din Parlament". AGORA.
- "ULTIMA ORĂ! Vlad Plahotniuc RENUNȚĂ la mandatul de deputat (VIDEO)" (in Romanian). realitatea.md.
- "Ultima oră! Vladimir Plahotniuc se retrage din Parlament" (in Romanian). UNIMEDIA.
- "Noua funcție a lui Plahotniuc: "Coordonator Executiv al Consiliului Alianței de guvernare"", AGORA, retrieved 23 March 2020
- Higgins, Andrew (3 June 2016). "Moldova Is Rattled as Washington Welcomes a Feared Tycoon". The New York Times.
- "Cum a ajuns, de fapt, Plahotniuc în SUA și cum a fost ales în funcția de "coordonator executiv al Consiliului coaliției"". www.ziarulnational.md.
- Noua funcție a lui Plahotniuc: „Coordonator Executiv al Consiliului Alianței de guvernare"
- Plahotniuc, în vizită în SUA, în calitate de coordonator executiv al Consiliului Coaliției de guvernare: Vrem să asigurăm stabilitatea economică a țării și să excludem fenomenul corupției
- Consiliul Atlantic precizează: "Nu avem nicio relație financiară cu domnul Plahotniuc"
- "Controversatul om de afaceri Vlad Plahotniuc s-a întâlnit la Washington cu Victoria Nuland". www.digi24.ro.
- "Vlad Plahotniuc a fost ales președinte al Partidului Democrat din Republica Moldova". agerpres.ro. 24 December 2016. Retrieved 3 January 2017.
- Vlas, Cristi (6 March 2017). "Democratic Party proposes uninominal voting system in Moldova, opposition and Liberals oppose it".
- ȘTIRILE, PUBLIKA MD-AICI SUNT (6 March 2017). "Democratic Party of Moldova proposes UNINOMINAL VOTING SYSTEM. Vlad Plahotniuc: Citizens to be able to dismiss MPs | PUBLIKA .MD - AICI SUNT ȘTIRILE". en.publika.md.
- ȘTIRILE, PUBLIKA MD-AICI SUNT (10 May 2017). "Democratic leader Vlad Plahotniuc announces Government's reshape! Number of ministries, cut to 9, after decision in ruling coalition | PUBLIKA .MD - AICI SUNT ȘTIRILE". en.publika.md.
- Vlas, Cristi (11 May 2017). "Moldova Democrats propose to reduce number of Ministries from 16 to 9, insist on uninominal system after 2022".
- Vlas, Cristi (3 March 2017). "Vlad Plahotniuc, elected Vice-President of the Socialist International".
- Vlas, Cristi (30 March 2017). "Moldova Parliament votes lifting MP immunity in first lecture, Socialists and Communists oppose it".
- "Vlad Plahotniuc: Lipsirea de imunitate a deputaţiilor nu este populism, este un test pe care clasa politică ar trebui să-l dea în fața societății". Timpul - Ştiri din Moldova.
- "Plahotniuc a cerut, la New York, retragerea trupelor ruse de pe teritoriul Republicii Moldova", stiri.md, retrieved 23 March 2020
- Plahotniuc promite că programul „Prima Casă" va fi funcțional din luna martie. Agora
- "Proiectul lui Plahotniuc prinde contur. Primele licitații pentru Drumuri bune pentru Moldova - MoldStreet". www.mold-street.com.
- Expert-Grup, despre programul PDM: „Drumuri bune pentru Moldova": Are caracter populist, electoral și nu este acoperit financiar. TV8, 29 March 2018
- Public Opinion Survey: Residents of Moldova. September 29 – October 21, 2015. International Republican Institute
- "Barometrul opiniei publice - aprilie 2015". Soros Foundation Moldova (FSM).
- "SONDAJ // Câte mandate de deputat ar obține PSRM, "ACUM" și PD în cricumscripția națională: Partidul Șor, la limită. Cei mai mulți respondenți optează pentru vectorul "Pro Moldova"". www.ziarulnational.md. Retrieved 13 February 2019.
- "Top trei politicieni în care moldovenii au cea mai mare încredere – sondaj", noi.md, retrieved 13 February 2019
- "Sondaj BOP: Cei mai apreciați politicieni din Republica Moldova", UNIMEDIA, retrieved 13 February 2019
- "Sondaj: Cine sunt politicienii în care moldovenii au cea mai mare încredere", stiri.md, retrieved 13 February 2019
- "(update) "Trei trandafiri" la Nisporeni. Vlad Plahotniuc, deputatul care va reprezenta circumscripția nr. 17 în Parlament", UNIMEDIA, retrieved 31 March 2019
- "Circumscripția uninominală nr. 17, Nisporeni la alegerile parlamentare din 2019", alegeri.md, retrieved 10 April 2019
- "Plakhotnyuk resigned as leader of the Democratic Party of Moldova", www.tellerreport.com, retrieved 24 June 2019
- "De câte ori a lăsat Plahotniuc funcția de deputat", stiri.md, retrieved 31 July 2019
- "Ultima Oră! Vlad Plahotniuc renunță la mandatul de deputat", Radio Chișinău, retrieved 31 July 2019
- "Plahotniuc explică de ce renunță la mandatul de DEPUTAT, deși anterior nu se gândea să facă asta: "Nu am nevoie de imunitatea unui stat controlat astăzi de Moscova"", /www.ziarulnational.md, retrieved 31 July 2019
- "Demisia lui Plahotniuc din funcția de deputat, acceptată de Parlament", tv8.md, retrieved 31 July 2019
- "(video) Ședința Parlamentului: Demisia lui Plahotniuc, aprobată. Robu, numit procuror general interimar", UNIMEDIA, retrieved 31 July 2019
- "NoVisa.md, În Muntenegru, se desfășoară cea de-a 9-a Conferință a Președinților Parlamentelor statelor membre ale SEECP, 14 iunie 2011". Archived from the original on 26 April 2012. Retrieved 9 December 2011.
- "Germania sprijină apropierea RM de structurile europene". Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- "Vlad Plahotniuc: "Cred că Moldova poate învăța de la Cipru câteva lecții importante"". Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- "Plahotniuc în Cehia", UNIMEDIA, retrieved 23 March 2020
- "Vlad Plahotniuc, despre relațiile moldo-române și acordurile semnate între cele două țări". Timpul – Știri din Moldova. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- "HotNews.md". Archived from the original on 21 February 2014. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- Vlad Plahotniuc: Recunoașterea perspectivei de aderare a Moldovei la UE va stimula implementarea reformelor
- "O delegaţie parlamentară pleacă în Muntenegru". point.md.
- "Procesul de Cooperare din Europa de Sud-Est", /www.mae.ro, retrieved 23 March 2020
- Members of the Parliament
- Vasilu, Vadim (24 January 2017). "Exclusiv: V.Plahotniuc regretă excesele lui Dodon, nu uită de Filat și are o ofertă pentru Jurnal TV" [Exclusive: V. Plahotniuc deplores the excesses of Dodon, remembers Filat, and has an offer for Jurnal TV]. Deschide.md.
- Publika. Md (17 January 2017), "PDM: Moldova-EU relation remains pivotal for the foreign policy", PUBLIKA.MD – AICI SUNT ȘTIRILE, retrieved 23 March 2020
- "A message for Trump and the US: Moldova wants to be a bridge, not a battleground, between East and West". Fox News Channel. 7 January 2017.
- "Reps. Price and Olson Introduce Bipartisan Moldova Resolution". Congressman David Price. 21 February 2018. Retrieved 26 April 2018.
- "Embassy of the Republic of Moldova to the United States of America and Mexico". sua.mfa.md. Retrieved 26 April 2018.
- Plahotniuc, Vladimir (7 January 2017). "A message for Trump and the US: Moldova wants to be a bridge, not a battleground, between East and West". Fox News Channel. Retrieved 23 May 2018.
- "Moldovan Parliament Speaker Passes Law Against Russian Propaganda". RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty. Retrieved 23 May 2018.
- Williams, Matthias. "Moldova ruling party chief says framed by Russia in bogus cases". U.S. Retrieved 23 May 2018.
- "Russian opens money laundering probe involving Moldova", ABC News, retrieved 23 March 2020
- "Democratii, despre presupusa implicare a lui Plahotniuc intr-o schema de spalare de bani in Rusia: "O interventie abuziva a Rusiei de a influenta rezultatul alegerilor din tara noastra"", protv.md, retrieved 25 February 2019
- "Следователями МВД России заочно предъявлено обвинение бывшему 7председателю Демократической партии Республики Молдова и его доверенному лицу", xn--b1aew.xn, retrieved 27 June 2019
- "Russian Interior Ministry indicted in absentia Plakhotnyuk", Tellerreport.com, retrieved 27 June 2019
- "Ultima oră! Plahotniuc, despre dosarele din Rusia: Una din amenințările la adresa mea despre care am scris anterior", UNIMEDIA, retrieved 27 June 2019
- "Raport 2020" (PDF). www.valisluureamet.ee. Retrieved 30 July 2020.
- "Intelligence service's annual report highlights Russian and Chinese threats", ERR, 12 February 2020, retrieved 30 July 2020
- "Opinion: Ukraine fell to Russia. Belarus is at a crisis point. Is Moldova next?", The Globe and Mail, 28 August 2020, retrieved 10 September 2020
- "Petrom-Moldova anunţă reutilarea benzinăriilor la cele mai înalte standarde ale UE". Timpul - Ştiri din Moldova.
- "Vision". www.aoam.md. Retrieved 31 March 2020.
- Members of the Parliament
- "Circa 250 de mii de lei a cheltuit Vlad Plahotniuc pentru reparatia birourilor sale". protv.md. 1 February 2011.
- "Adevarul: Cine este Vlad Plahotniuc? Un extraterestru sau Abramovici …", archive.is (in Romanian), 6 August 2015, archived from the original on 6 August 2015, retrieved 31 March 2020
- invitat, Autor (13 September 2011). "Noi dezvăluiri despre Mafia din RM".
- "Plahotniuc: Judecătoria din Amsterdam a confirmat că acuzaţiile lui Ţopa în legătură cu aşa-zisul "atac raider" de la Victoriabank sunt neîntemeiate". adevarul.ro. 15 March 2017.
- "Plahotniuc publică decizia Curții din Amsterdam în cauza Victor și Viorel Țopa VS Otiv Prime Holding".
- "Împărăţia Vlazilor. Cine este "păpuşarul" Plahotniuc, oligarhul care l-ar fi "executat" pe Filat". adevarul.ro. 19 October 2015.
- "Vlad Plahotniuc, oficial, proprietar a patru televiziuni si trei posturi de radio din Republica Moldova - VIDEO". Pro TV.
- Genko, Genko (26 August 2014). "Moldtelecom a rearanjat canalele în grila TV: Pe primele 4 poziții sunt cele ale lui Plahotniuc | Independent". independent.md.
- "Cum Moldtelecom a rearanjat lista canalelor TV: Posturile din holdingul lui Plahotniuc au primele patru poziţii". adevarul.ro. 26 August 2014.
- "Focuri de armă într-un tribunal". JurnalTV.md.
- "CCA amendează televiziunile lui Plahotniuc cu 1800 de lei". adevarul.ro. 5 June 2015.
- ȘTIRILE, PUBLIKA MD-AICI SUNT (13 November 2015). "CINE SUNT PROPRIETARII principalelor grupuri media din Moldova. FOTO DOCUMENT | PUBLIKA .MD - AICI SUNT ȘTIRILE". www.publika.md.
- "Doc // Vlad Plahotniuc a cedat două posturi de televiziune unui jurnalist", anticoruptie.md, retrieved 10 April 2019
- "Plahotniuc renunță la Canal 2 și Canal 3. Posturile TV trec la un consilier de-al său", AGORA, retrieved 10 April 2019
- "Vladimir Plahotniuc a renunțat la 2 posturi TV. Canal 3 și Canal 2 au trecut în posesia consilierului său de PR, Oleg Cristal", UNIMEDIA, retrieved 10 April 2019
- "Ştirile Moldovei – Economie – Înfiinţarea Asociaţiei Oamenilor de Afa…", archive.fo, 17 July 2012, archived from the original on 17 July 2012, retrieved 21 June 2019
- "Board of directors".
- "Asociația Oamenilor de Afaceri din Moldova și-a lansat astăzi oficial activitatea printr-un summit economic internațional". interlic.md. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- "Participă la concursul de granturi pentru tinerii antreprenori din Moldova". 22 July 2016.
- "AOAM a stabilit câștigătorii pentru concursul de granturi, ediția a treia".
- "Asociația Oamenilor de Afaceri din Moldova va colabora cu Academia de Științe a Moldovei", All Moldova, retrieved 31 March 2020
- "Cei mai buni 100 manageri de top și-au primit certificatele". Timpul – Știri din Moldova. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- "About us" – edelweiss.md
- "Saptamina.md " Fundația Edelweiss a lansat Acțiunea…". Saptamina.md. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- "Fundația EDELWEISS va lansa acțiunea "Pentru Cartea Moldovei"". PUBLIKA.MD. 14 January 2016. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- "VIDEO. Vladimir Plahotniuc a primit centura neagra in aplauzele lui V…", archive.is, 16 July 2012, archived from the original on 16 July 2012, retrieved 18 March 2020
- "Первая золотая медаль, завоеванная на Кубке Европы по дзюдо, результат поддержки, оказанной Фондом Эдельвейс и его основателем, Владом Плахотнюком, Федерации дзюдо Молдовы". allmoldova.com. Retrieved 2 July 2018.
- "Prime – Prima televiziune din Republica Moldova", archive.is, 9 September 2012, archived from the original on 9 September 2012, retrieved 31 March 2020
- Interviul nerealizat cu Vlad Plahotniuc
- "Фонд "Эдельвайс" спасает ребенка с сердечной недостаточностью". allmoldova.com. Retrieved 2 July 2018.
- Curierul de Hincesti. "Curierul de Hîncești – "Moldova Business Week 2014" la Hîncești". Archived from the original on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- "Fundaţia EDELWEISS: În doar câteva săptămâni, peste 2,2 milioane lei …", archive.is, 16 July 2012, archived from the original on 16 July 2012, retrieved 31 March 2020
- "Фонд "Эдельвейс" пожертвовал пострадавшим от паводков более 2,2 млн. леев". infotag.md. Archived from the original on 9 September 2010. Retrieved 2 July 2018.
- "Vlad Plahotniuc la Zâmbreni". IaloveniOnline. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- "Vlad Plahotniuc hrănit cu ciorbă la o cantină socială: Eu nu sunt glamuros VIDEO". PUBLIKA.MD. 14 January 2016. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- "Vice-președintele parlamentului, Vladimir Plahotniuc la Zîmbreni, 19 iulie 2011". Archived from the original on 26 April 2012. Retrieved 9 December 2011.
- "Монастырь Хынку". Archived from the original on 4 June 2010. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- "(video) Vlad Plahotniuc a petrecut ziua de duminică alături de copiii de la Orfelinatul Preafericitul Iosif", UNIMEDIA, retrieved 31 March 2020
- "allmoldova". Archived from the original on 17 July 2012. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- "FOTO // "Surprize, Surprize" cu Andreea Marin la Gala "Edelweiss Surprinde"". www.ziarulnational.md.
- "Vlad Plahotniuc anunță că Edelweiss extinde campania "O nouă viață"".
- Campania „O nouă viață": Vlad Plahotniuc a vizitat Institutul Mamei și Copilului
- "Institutul Mamei si Copilului va îmbunătăţi condiţiile de asigurare a mamelor şi a nou-născuţilor", Timpul – Ştiri din Moldova, retrieved 5 March 2020
- "Mai multe secții ale Institutului Mamei și Copilului redeschise după renovare", Radio Chișinău, retrieved 5 March 2020
- "Vlad Plahotniuc a participat la inaugurarea unui nou "Parc Edelweiss" deschis in sectorul Rascani", ziarelive.ro, retrieved 31 March 2020
- "Consiliul Raional Rezina | "Parcurile "Edelweiss", acum și la Rezina". consiliu.rezina.md.
- Vlad Plahotniuc anunță deschiderea primelor două parcuri Edelweiss din cele 40 promise
- "Vlad Plahotniuc anunță despre lansarea proiectului "Respect pentru seniori"". Tribuna.
- "Fundația "Edelweiss" a demarat la Strășeni proiectul "Respect pentru seniori" (FOTO)". Evenimentul.
- ""Burse pentru 100 de tineri" în toate liceele din ţară. Concurs lansat de Fundatia Edelweiss – VIDEO".
- Publika. Md (5 July 2017), "Veste bună penru elevii de la noi din țară. Fundația lui Vlad Plahotniuc Edelweiss oferă burse pentru 100 de elevi", PUBLIKA.MD – AICI SUNT ȘTIRILE, retrieved 31 March 2020
- "Fundația Edelweiss își schimbă denumirea în "Fundația lui Vlad Plahotniuc"", All Moldova, retrieved 31 March 2020
- "Campania "O nouă viață" a fundației lui Vlad Plahotniuc "Edelweiss" se extinde în alte 20 maternități din țară", Evenimentul, retrieved 9 December 2019
- "Нацполиция предотвратила убийство экс-вице-премьера Молдовы Плахотнюка". 7 April 2017.
- "Moldova: 17 detained in alleged plot to kill politician", AP NEWS, 8 April 2017, retrieved 31 March 2020
- "Plahotniuc a fost ținta unui omor la comandă: Reacția IGP". 8 April 2017.
- "Scenariu "de nisip" în tentativa de asasinare a lui Plahotniuc". 15 April 2017.
- "VIDEO // Detalii despre tentativa eșuată de asasinare a lui Vlad Plahotniuc. Comanditarul ar fi liderul unei grupări criminale, stabilit la Moscova". anticoruptie.md.
- "Aşa-zisa tentativă de omor asupra lui Plahotniuc - parte din războiul hibrid care ni se prezintă la TV; Cum oligarhul s-a văzut nevoit să joace o singură carte şi să devină "editorialist" // EXPERŢI | Jurnal.md". www.jurnal.md.
- Publika. Md (27 April 2017), "Prosecutor's Office: Grigore Karamalak is ONE OF THOSE who ordered assassination of Vlad Plahotniuc", PUBLIKA.MD – AICI SUNT ȘTIRILE, retrieved 31 March 2020
- VIDEO from probe. KILLERS TELL SCENARIO of assassinating Vlad Plahotniuc. publika.md, 27 April 2017
- "Șase presupuși asasini ai lui Plahotniuc, condamnați la ani grei de închisoare", Ziarul de Gardă, 3 April 2018, retrieved 2 June 2022
- "Киллер указал на лидера". 3 November 2017 – via Kommersant.
- "В Москве задержан молдаванин, совершивший покушение в Лондоне", Aif.md, 10 April 2013, retrieved 28 February 2019
- "The Instigator of the 'Theft of the Century' from the budget in Moldova Vlad Plahotniuc..." Indybay.
- "Gorbunţov: Plahotniuc nu avea nevoie de uciderea mea, dar vă pot spune de ce-i trebuia asta lui Usatîi". adevarul.ro. 3 November 2017.
- "Dupa 6 ani, Gorbuntov s-a intors special in Moldova pentru a acorda un interviu despre tentativa de omor asupra sa. El spune ca a baut ceai cu Plahotniuc si ca Usatii a comandat asasinarea sa. Usatii: "Bancherul inventeaza" – VIDEO", protv.md, retrieved 28 February 2019
- "Noi detalii despre tentativa de omor asupra bancherului rus Gherman Gorbuntsov. Procurorii au spus ca Plahotniuc nu are nici o legatura cu asta. Oamenii legii au prezentat grafice si scheme – VIDEO", protv.md, retrieved 28 February 2019
- "Pe urmele lui Gherman Gorbunțov", Ziarul de Gardă, 14 November 2017, retrieved 2 June 2022
- "Milionarul Gorbunțov declară că Renato Usatâi i-a comandat moartea – Moldova.org", Moldova.org, 5 November 2014, retrieved 28 February 2019
- "Killerul Vitalie Proca dezvăluie detalii șocante: Plahotniuc a comandat asasinarea lui Gorbunțov", stiri.md, retrieved 28 February 2019
- Iurii Botnarenco (3 November 2017), "Asasinul Vitalie Proca: Vlad Plahotniuc a comandat uciderea lui Gorbunțov. El se crede Dumnezeu, dar e un criminal în serie VIDEO", Adevărul, retrieved 28 February 2019
- "Moscow court reportedly issues arrest warrant for Moldovan oligarch and political heavyweight Plahotniuc". www.intellinews.com. 7 December 2017.
- "Главу Демпартии Молдавии заочно арестовали в Москве по делу о покушении на убийство". ТАСС. 6 December 2017. Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- "Председателя Демпартии Молдавии заочно арестовали в РФ". Интерфакс. 6 December 2017. Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- "Interpol a refuzat să-l anunțe în căutare pe Vlad Plahotniuc la solicitarea Rusiei", stiri.md (in Romanian), retrieved 9 April 2020
- "Interpol Rejects Russian Request to List Moldova Leader". 27 December 2017.
- "Moldova Aims to Seize Fugitive Oligarch Plahotniuc's Foreign Assets". 13 October 2020. Retrieved 4 January 2021.
- Iurii Botnarenco (7 September 2016), "Ana Ursachi anunță lista celor implicați în "jaful secolului": Plahotniuc-beneficiarul final, Candu, Drăguțanu, Gaburici, Leancă și Shor – complici", Adevărul, retrieved 7 March 2019
- Kenneth Rapoza, "Billion Dollar Theft: In Moldova, One Rich Banker's 'Crime' Has A Nation Doing Time", Forbes, retrieved 7 March 2019
- "Raportul Kroll este public – Shor este prezentat drept principalul vinovat, ar fi transferat sute de milioane din Shor Grup spre offshoruri", Timpul – Știri din Moldova, retrieved 7 March 2019
- "Kroll Project Tenor II Summary Report" (PDF), www.bnm.md, retrieved 7 March 2019
- "Sinteza Raportului Kroll-2, într-o pagină – moldNova", moldnova.eu, 22 December 2017, retrieved 7 March 2019
- "Vlad Filat a fost condamnat: 9 ani de închisoare", Timpul – Știri din Moldova, retrieved 7 March 2019
- "DOC // Sentința integrală în dosarul lui Vlad Filat a fost făcută publică. Ce a spus ex-premierul în ultimul cuvânt", anticoruptie.md, retrieved 7 March 2019
- "DOC // Ultima hotărâre în dosarul lui Vlad Filat. Procurorii au verificat corespondența de email a mai multor membrii ai Guvernului", anticoruptie.md, retrieved 7 March 2019
- "Motivul pentru care fostul premier Vlad Filat, condamnat la 9 ani de inchisoare, nu este transferat la Penitenciarul din Lipcani: "Figureaza in alt dosar" – VIDEO", protv.md, retrieved 7 March 2019
- ghenadie (27 June 2016), "(VIDEO INTEGRAL) Sentința de condamnare a lui Vlad Filat", Ziarul de Gardă, retrieved 7 March 2019
- "Ultima oră! Ilan Shor, condamnat la 7 ani și 6 luni de închisoare. Avocat: Se simte rău și a chemat ambulanța", UNIMEDIA, retrieved 7 March 2019
- "Eliberat sub control judiciar, Ilan Shor a fost condamnat la 7 ani și jumătate de închisoare", Radio Europa Liberă, retrieved 7 March 2019
- "Veaceslav Platon a fost condamnat la 18 ani de închisoare cu executare", Timpul – Știri din Moldova, retrieved 7 March 2019
- "Veaceslav Platon, condamnat la 18 ani de închisoare. Omul de afaceri a fost lipsit de ultimul cuvânt", anticoruptie.md, retrieved 7 March 2019
- "Alți 12 ani de închisoare pentru Veaceslav Platon. O nouă sentință, dictată în lipsa omului de afaceri și a avocaților pe care i-a angajat", anticoruptie.md, retrieved 7 March 2019
- "The Structure of Corruption in Moldova" (PDF).
- "Moldova, un poligon de luptă între clanuri", www.jurnal.md, retrieved 30 July 2020
- "Noul sediu central MAIB va fi amplasat pe locul complexului hotelier Codru, care urmează a fi rec... - Banca mea". bancamea.md.
- "Moldova Agroindbank îşi consolidează infrastructura pentru a-şi valorifica pe deplin potenţialul de dezvoltare". Moldova-Agroindbank.
- "VIDEO. Sturza: Moldova este controlată de Plahotniuc". AGORA.
- "Vladimir Plahotniuc – stăpânul Moldovei". 12 December 2017.
- "Cronica lui Bogatu", PRIME.MD – Prima televiziune din Moldova, retrieved 2 June 2022
- "OMEGA // De când s-a făcut politician, oligarhul Plahotniuc și-a cump…", archive.is, 6 August 2015, archived from the original on 6 August 2015, retrieved 18 March 2020
- "Vladimir Plahotniuc, oligarh și al treilea om în stat, are dublă identitate: una în Moldova, una în România". adevarul.ro. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- Oligarhul cu dublă identitate, Vladimir Plahotniuc a speculat o breșă din lege / Vezi aici cum poate scăpa cu basmaua curată, 28 January 2011, adevarul.ro. Retrieved at 6 May 2011
- Vladimir Plahotniuc, oligarh și al treilea om în stat, are dublă identitate: una în Moldova, una în România – Mediafax]
- UNIMEDIA. "(video) Filat". UNIMEDIA. Retrieved 23 April 2016.
- UNIMEDIA. "Plahotniuc în VIP Magazin: Este onorabil să fii păpușar!". UNIMEDIA. Retrieved 23 April 2016.
- Voronin: Razboiul dintre Vlad Filat si Vlad Plahotniuc nu este decat o rafuiala, Pro TV, retrieved 25 April 2019
- "Plahotniuc's Power Base in Moldova".
- "Plahotniuc's Power Base in Moldova".
- ""Plahotniuc incearca sa spuna ca nu are atata influenta ca oamenii din povesti. El actioneaza conform unui business plan. Stie ce vrea. Ii place succesul". Vasile Botnaru explica interviul lui Plahotniuc". Pro TV.
- Beghiu, Tatiana (11 May 2017). "Vlad Plahotniuc, criticat pentru declarații sexiste".
- "/VIDEO/ Denunț penal la Procuratură. PAS îl acuză pe Plahotniuc de uzurparea puterii în stat".
- Genko, Genko (12 October 2017). "(VIDEO) Ghimpu îl denunță pe Plahotniuc, la Consiliul Europei: "Foloseşte Procuratura pentru a intimida oponenţii politici" | Independent". independent.md.
- /VIDEO/ Ghimpu, despre dosarul lui Chirtoacă: Plahotniuc, Dodon și Șalaru stau în spate. Retrieved 12 September 2018
- Detalii despre schemă. Firma din Cipru la care edilul Chirtoacă ar fi fost unul din beneficiari. Retrieved 12 September 2018
- "Cum dosarul Chirinciuc scoate la iveală o schemă de milioane aplicată zeci de ani". Stiri de ultima ora din Moldova - Ultimele stiri Timpul.md (in Romanian). 30 April 2017. Retrieved 2 June 2022.
- "Ministrul Transporturilor, Iurie Chirinciuc, în AREST pentru 30 de zile | Jurnal.md". www.jurnal.md.
- Retrieved 12 September 2018
- "Vladimir Plahotniuc, indezirabil în SUA: Mike Pompeo, alături de Republica Moldova în lupta cu corupția", UNIMEDIA, 13 January 2020, retrieved 30 July 2020
- "DOC // Vlad Plahotniuc a ATACAT în judecată decizia lui Mike Pompeo de a-l declara INDEZIRABIL pe teritoriul SUA. O instanță din New York va examina vineri recursul său. ARGUMENTELE invocate de Plahotniuc", www.ziarulnational.md, retrieved 30 July 2020
- "UN EXPERT CONSIDERĂ CĂ SUA NU-L POT EXTRĂDA PE VLADIMIR PLAHOTNIUC ÎN MOLDOVA FĂRĂ A AVEA ACORD DE EXTRĂDARE", Infotag.md, 17 June 2020, retrieved 30 July 2020
- "Vezi cum arată familia lui Vlad Plahotniuc. Cine e femeia din spatele…", archive.is (in Romanian), 14 November 2014, archived from the original on 14 November 2014, retrieved 18 March 2020
- "Socrul lui Vlad Plahotniuc – propus pentru un titlu onorific de nivel european". Tribuna.
- Țurcanu, Alina; Balan, Oana; Nani, Anastasia; Basiul, Valentina (27 January 2011). "Vladimir Plahotniuc, oligarh și al treilea om în stat, are dublă identitate: una în Moldova, una în România". Adevărul. Retrieved 21 November 2011.
- Catana, Svetlana (27 January 2011). "Dublă identitate pentru milionarul Vladimir Plahotniuc: în România el este Vlad Ulinici". Publika.md.
- M.A. (31 January 2011). "Plahotniuc renunță la Ulinici". Ziua Veche. Retrieved 21 November 2011.
- "Justiția română respinge recursul lui Plahotniuc". vremeanoua.ro. Retrieved 15 January 2016.
- "Vlad Plahotniuc este cercetat penal în România pentru utilizarea identității false, dezvăluită de "Adevărul" Moldova. Politicianul: "E o manipulare"". adevarul.ro. Retrieved 15 January 2016.
- "E oficial. Vlad Plahotniuc are o a doua identitate si se numeste Vladislav Novak. Igor Dodon sustine ca documentul i-a fost eliberat de Agentia Servicii Publice, la solicitarea SIS-ului - VIDEO", Pro TV, retrieved 30 July 2020
- DECRET Nr. 1298 din 29 August 2007 privind conferirea de distincții de stat. Retrieved 2 October 2018
- Timofti împarte distincții de stat pentru lideri de partid, deputați și miniștri
- "Timofti a ÎMPĂRȚIT distincții IMPORTANTE pentru deputați, miniștri și funcționari publici. Plahotniuc e printre ei". www.ziarulnational.md.
- Retrieved 18 February 2021