Vukićević at the 2010 Mozilla Summit in Whistler, British Columbia, Canada
|Born||29 April 1979|
|Known for||Major technological contributions to the Mozilla Firefox web browser, WebGL|
Vladimir Vukićević (born 29 April 1979), is a Serbian-born American Software Engineer who has worked on many open source projects. He is known mostly for his work on open-source graphics libraries, including those used in the Mozilla project.
In 2006, Vukićević began work on a prototype OpenGL 3D context for the canvas HTML element, which he called Canvas 3D. This work led to the creation of a "Accelerated 3D on the Web" working group within the Khronos Group in order to create a royalty-free standard API for OpenGL and OpenGL ES 2.0 capabilities, which produced the WebGL specification.
In 2008, Vukićević publicly criticized Apple for using private interfaces in the Safari web browser to improve its performance, leaving third-party applications such as Firefox without solutions for similar performance problems.
Vukićević also co-authored (with Stuart Parmenter) the APNG specification in 2004.
He now works as Senior Software Engineer for Emerging Technologies at Unity Technologies.
- ""Canvas 3D GL Power, Web Style", Vladimir Vukićević — Words". Archived from the original on 2011-07-17. Retrieved 2011-07-17.
- "Khronos launches initiative for free standard for accelerated 3D on Web", Khronos Press Release,  Archived 2011-03-07 at the Wayback Machine.
- Broersma, Matthew (3 March 2008). "Apple slammed over programming secrets". Techworld.com. Retrieved 4 March 2011.
- Gruener, Wolfgang (19 September 2008). "Firefox mobile web browser scheduled for 2010". TG Daily. Retrieved 4 March 2011.
- Claburn, Thomas (29 April 2010). "Mozilla Tests Mobile Firefox For Android". InformationWeek. Retrieved 4 March 2011.
- "Khronos Releases Final WebGL 1.0 Specification". Khronos Group. Archived from the original on 6 March 2011. Retrieved 4 March 2011.
- Vukićević, Vladimir. "Games Meeting Cancelled". Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- Vukićević, Vladimir. "LinkedIn Profile". LinkedIn.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vladimir Vukićević.|