Vladislav Kovalev in 2013
|Full name||Vladislav Vladimirovich Kovalev|
|Born||6 January 1994|
|FIDE rating||2650 (February 2020)|
|Peak rating||2703 (February 2019)|
Born in 1994, Kovalev won the Belarusian Junior Chess Championship in 2009, 2011 and 2012. He represented Belarus at the European Youth Chess Championship and World Youth Chess Championship, in which he won two medals: silver at the 2008 European U14 Chess Championship and bronze at the 2010 European U16 Chess Championship.
Kovalev has represented Belarus in four Chess Olympiads: In 2012, he scored 2½/5 (+1–1=3) on the reserve board at the 40th Chess Olympiad in Istanbul; in 2014, he scored 5/8 (+3–1=4) on fourth board at the 41st Chess Olympiad in Tromsø; in 2016, he scored 5/8 (+3–1=4) on second board at the 42nd Chess Olympiad in Baku; in 2018, he scored 6/9 (+4–1=4) on first board at the 43rd Chess Olympiad in Batumi.
He has also played for Belarus in two European Team Chess Championships: in 2013, he scored 3/8 (+2–4=2) on third board at the 19th European Team Chess Championship in Warsaw; in 2017, he scored 4½/8 (+3–2=3) on second board at the 21st European Team Chess Championship in Hersonissos.
In February 2018, Kovalev competed in the Aeroflot Open. He finished first, half a point ahead of his nearest competitors, with a score of 7/9 (+5–0=4). He thus qualified for the 46th Dortmund Sparkassen Chess Meeting in July, where he placed third with a score of 4/7 (+1–0=6).
In January 2019, he competed in the Tata Steel Challengers. He scored 10/13 (+7–0=6) to take first place, one-and-a-half points ahead of Andrey Esipenko, Benjámin Gledura and Maksim Chigaev, who all tied for second.
- 1st quarter Presidential Board 2012, 3-6 February, Al Ain, UAE FIDE
- 84th FIDE Congress, Tallinn, EST, 30 September - 10 October 2013 FIDE
- http://chess-results.com, Dipl.Ing. Heinz Herzog -. "Chess-Results Server Chess-results.com - 47th Ilmar Raud Memorial". www.chess-results.com.
- Bartelski, Wojciech. "OlimpBase :: Men's Chess Olympiads :: Vladislav Kovalev". www.olimpbase.org.
- Bartelski, Wojciech. "OlimpBase :: European Men's Team Chess Championship :: Vladislav Kovalev". www.olimpbase.org.
- Kovalev is shock Aeroflot winner Chess24
- Staff writer(s) (28 February 2018). "Aeroflot Open 2018 A". Chess Results.
- Staff writer(s) (28 February 2018). "Aeroflot Open 2018 A: Kovalev Vladislav". Chess Results.
- 46th Dortmund Sparkassen Chess-Meeting 2018 The Week in Chess
- Pai, Aditya (28 January 2019). "Tata Steel Chess: Carlsen wins his seventh title". ChessBase.