Vladislav Matusovich Reznik
17 May 1954
Leningrad, RSFSR, USSR
|Occupation||Businessman and politician|
Vladislav Matusovich Reznik (Russian: Владислав Матусович Резник; born 17 May 1954) is a Russian businessman and politician. He is the chairman of the insurance company Rus, member of the general council of the United Russia political party, Chairman of the State Duma Committee on Finances, former chairman of Rosgosstrakh.
Vladislav Reznik graduated from the Biological Department of Leningrad State University in 1976. He holds a Kandidat degree in Biology. In 1979-1987 he worked as a researcher in the All Union Research and Development Technological Institute for Antibiotics and Medical Ferments in Leningrad.
In 1987-1989 he became a Deputy Director General of Russkoye Video firm. In 1989-1990 he is a Deputy Chairman of Rossiya Bank (established by the Communist Party of the Soviet Union). Since 1990 Reznik is the head of the insurance company Rus. As the head of Rus, Reznik was an employer of the young lawyer Dmitri Medvedev, future President of Russia. In 1995-1998 Reznik was the Chairman of main Russian state-owned insurance company Rosgosstrakh. Since 1995 he is a director of Obi-bank bank and since 1996 he is a director of Mosbiznesbank.
In 1999 Reznik was elected to the State Duma as a member of the Unity political party. He is a member of the United Russia since its formation by a merger of Unity and the Fatherland – All Russia. In 2001 he became the deputy chairman of the United Russia party. He was responsible for the economical program of the party.
In 2003 Reznik was re-elected to the State Duma. In Duma Reznik became the Chairman of the Committee on Finances. He was the main author of the 2006 law On preventing laundering of the income from criminal activities and financing of terrorism establishing stricter control over bank operations.
Russian mafia trial in Spain
In March 2016 Spanish Interpol issued an international search and arrest warrant for Vladislav Reznik and his wife, Diana Gindin. The spouses together with 26 alleged members of Tambov Gang were accused of participation in a criminal organisation and money laundering. Resnik's lawyer, Alexander Hofstein dismissed the accusations as politically motivated. According to him the arrest of a Russian Duma deputy is impossible. Reznik appealed his arrest and had it overturned. In May 2016 the National Court, Spain's top criminal court, ruled in favor of Vladislav Reznik's appeal and revoked the international arrest warrant for the couple The lawyer Alexander Hofstein commented that Court's decision is logical because there were no reasons for the warrant in the first place.
On 19 February 2018, Reznik and 17 other defendants stood before the court. Prosecutors recommended 5 and a half years prison sentences and fines for most of the suspects. It was alleged that the Malyshev Russian mafia organisation were also involved, with the Tambov Gang. Both criminal organisations were accused of laundering over $62 million, with the help of Reznik and others. In April 2018, the United States imposed sanctions on him and 23 other Russian nationals.
In October 2018 the suspects in the trial were acquitted due to "lack of evidence". According to Anastasia Kirilenko, a journalist from The Insider who was attending trial from the beginning, the main reason for the acquittal was refusal of legal support from Russian prosecutor general, who essentially denied presence of any Tambov Gang in general.
- Резник Владислав Матусович Lobbying.ru (in Russian)
- Испанские СМИ сообщили об обыске на вилле депутата Госдумы РФ Lenta.ru (in Russian)
- Владислав Матусович Резник: страховщик в медвежьей шкуре Zaks.ru (in Russian)
- Владислав Резник подчищает банки RBC Informations Systems 10 November 2006
- "Испания объявила в международный розыск депутата Владислава Резника". RBC. 12 March 2016.
- "От суда в Испании Владислава Резника защитят Конституция и депутатская неприкосновенность". Vedomosti. 13 March 2016.
- "La Audiencia tumba órdenes de detención en el caso de la mafia rusa contra cargos cercanos a Putin". ELMUNDO. Retrieved 2016-06-02.
- "Новости / 20 мая, 08:00 | Интерпол прекратит розыск депутата Госдумы Владислава Резника". Эхо Москвы. Retrieved 2016-06-02.
- "Major Russian mafia trial opens in Spain". BBC News. 19 February 2018. Retrieved 21 February 2018.
- "Spain: Russian MP Stands Trial for Laundering Mafia Money". Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project. Retrieved 21 February 2018.
- "Ukraine-/Russia-related Designations and Identification Update". United States Department of the Treasury. 2018-04-06. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- США ввели санкции против семи российских олигархов и 17 чиновников из «кремлевского списка» [The US imposed sanctions against seven Russian oligarchs and 17 officials from the "Kremlin list"]. Meduza (in Russian). 2018-04-06. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- "Spain Acquits Group of Russians Suspected of Mafia Ties". Retrieved 2018-10-22.
- Rashkin Report (2018-10-21), АНАСТАСИЯ КИРИЛЕНКО: Реальные выводы из решения Испанского суда, retrieved 2018-10-22