Vladivostok International Airport
|Vladivostok International Airport
Международный аэропорт "Владивосток"
Mezhdunarodnyy aeroport "Vladivostok"
|Elevation AMSL||46 ft / 14 m|
2011 shareholders' report 
Vladivostok International Airport (Russian: Международный аэропорт "Владивосток" Mezhdunarodnyi aeroport Vladivostok) (IATA: VVO, ICAO: UHWW) is an international airport located near Artyom, Primorsky Krai, Russia, roughly an hour's drive (44 kilometers) north of the center of the city of Vladivostok. It was formerly known as Knevichi Airport, named after the village of Knevichi.
The airport consists of two passenger terminals: the old Domestic Terminal B and the new International Terminal A. It has two airfields, Lake Springs and Knevichi.
- Lake Springs Airfield
The Lake Springs airfield was designed for aircraft operating on regional routes. It has two hard surface runways 21 meters wide, each. One is 1000 meters in length and the second is 600 meters. Currently, it is not used for regularly scheduled flights, and local aviation operates from there, instead.
The Knevichi airfield was designed for all types of aircraft and has two hard surface runways. Each runway is 3,500 meters in length and 60 meters in width.
Expansion and modernization
The domestic Terminal B of the airport underwent complete renovation during 2005-2006, which made it one of the most comfortable and up-to-date airport terminals in Russia. The renovated terminal was re-opened on December 19, 2006.
Federal and regional government announced plans to rebuild Vladivostok International Airport prior to the APEC Russia 2012 Summit on Russky Island, south of Vladivostok. A new terminal (terminal A) was built in 2012, at a cost of 7 billion RUB. The capacity of this new terminal building is 3.5 million passengers/year. Runway 07R/25L was also reconstructed and lengthened, to 3,500 meters. This new runway is capable of accommodating all aircraft types without any restrictions.
Airlines and destinations
|Azur Air||Seasonal: Cam Ranh|
|Ikar||Seasonal: Cam Ranh, Denpasar/Bali, Krabi|
|Nordwind Airlines||Seasonal: Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi, Cam Ranh, Phuket|
|Philippine Airlines||Seasonal: Manila|
|Royal Flight||Seasonal: Cam Ranh, Phuket|
- "The information about Runway #1 at Vladivostok's airport". Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- "The new terminal Vladivostok airport building is provided a first test flight reception and service". Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- ""Аврора" открывает рейс в Гонконг". http://flyaurora.ru/. Aurora Airlines. Retrieved 9 June 2014. External link in
- L, J (20 January 2016). "Rossiya Airlines Expands Moscow Vnukovo; Outlines Boeing 777 Operation in S16". airlineroute. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- "В аэропорту "Байкал" открывается новый рейс во Владивосток". airportbaikal.ru. 16 February 2015. Retrieved 16 February 2015.
- "S7 Airlines Adds Vladivostok – Bangkok Flights in W16". airlineroute. Retrieved 29 February 2016.
- "Tianjin Airlines Adds Vladivostok Flights from June 2016". routesonline. 22 June 2016. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- Liu, Jim (26 October 2016). "Ural Airlines adds Vladivostok – Changchun sector from Dec 2016". Routesonline. Retrieved 26 October 2016.
- "Самолет Владивосток-Муданьцзян: 50 минут в пути и никаких пробок на границе". Медиахолдинг PrimaMedia. 11 April 2014. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- Official website
- Airport information on the Vladivostok Avia website
- Airport information for UHWW at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- (Russian) Airport Vladivostok Aviateka.Handbook