Vladivostok State Medical University
|Тихоокеанский государственный медицинский университет|
|Motto||Debes, Ergo Potes
(You Must, so you Can)
|Rector||Valentin Shumatov (in Russian)|
|Address||690990, Vladivostok, Ostryakov Avenue, 2, Vladivostok, Russia|
Pacific State Medical University (Russian: Тихоокеанский государственный медицинский университет), formerly known as VSMU (Vladivostok State Medical University) is a university in Vladivostok in the Far East of Russia.
At the beginning, since 1956 VSMU was the Medical Faculty of the Far Eastern State University, but in 2 years it became Vladivostok State Medical Institute (VSMI). Institute was reorganized into the University in 1995, in 2013 the University was renamed and reorganized into Pacific State Medical University.
Faculties of the Pacific State Medical University:
- The Medical Faculty
- The Military Faculty (disband at 2008)
- The Military Training Center
- The Pediatric Faculty
- The Faculty of Medical Prophylactic and Medical Biochemistry
Among the medical Universities of the Far East PSMU - the only institution that trains doctors at Faculty Medical Prophylactic , providing preventive measures for healthy living of the population of Khabarovsk, Primorsky and Kamchatka Territories, Amur, Sakhalin and Magadan regions, the Republic of Sakha and Chukotka.
- The Pharmaceutical Faculty
- The Stomatological (dental) Faculty
- The Higher Nursing Education and Social Work Faculty
- The Clinical Psychology Faculty
- The Continuous Medical Education
- The Postgraduate and Further Degree Studies
- Pre-University Training
Today PSMU - is a various scientific and educational institution that includes 10 faculties and 67 departments, employing 85 doctors and 285 candidates of science. The university held an internship, residency, graduate school, the system of pre-university training and post-graduate special education improving system, that make possible to obtain any medical profession. Sufficiently extensive links established with the universities of China, Japan, South Korea and the U.S.A., allow to take preparing courses for students and teachers that enrich the learning process and intensify the research activities of the university.
- Motavkin, P A (2007). "[The 50-th anniversary of the Histology Department of the Vladivostok Medical University]". Morfologiia. 132 (6): 88–92. PMID 18504876.
- Motavkin P., Polushin O. (editors) (2008). From the faculty to the University.50th Anniversary of the Vladivostok State Medical University. Vladivostok: Medicine DV. ISBN 978-5-98301-025-3.
|This Russian university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|