December 23, 1991
Harlem, New York, U.S.
|Other names||A$AP Bari, Young Lord|
|Known for||Co-founder of ASAP Mob and Vlone|
Jabari Shelton (born December 23, 1991 in Harlem, New York), better known as ASAP Bari (stylized as A$AP Bari) or Young Lord, is an American streetwear designer, entrepreneur, and convicted sex offender. He is known as a co-founder of the New York hip-hop collective ASAP Mob, which he formed in 2006 alongside ASAP Yams, ASAP Kham and ASAP Illz. He is also a co-founder of the streetwear clothing label VLONE.
In 2006, Shelton founded the rap collective A$AP Mob alongside A$AP Yams, A$AP Kham and A$AP Illz. Shelton does not rap but performs creative functions and networks with other individuals for the collective. Shelton was the one who allegedly introduced rapper A$AP Rocky to A$AP Yams. While establishing himself, his influences in the rap industry were Sean Combs and Dame Dash, two fellow Harlemites.
Following the success of ASAP Mob, fellow member Kamoni Chandler, also known as A$AP K, founded the streetwear label VLONE in 2011. VLONE Hoodies and Vlone Shirt quickly became famous in the streets of Harlem. Shelton, who had previously been the head of A$AP Rocky's merchandise during his tours, worked together with Chandler on the brand. After a falling out Chandler left the brand and Shelton took over. Shelton brought in Edison Chen of CLOT, who handles the design work of the label. He stated in an interview with Mass Appeal that much of his influence came from trying on and stealing clothes with his friends while living in Harlem, feeling the fabrics of high-value brands. Vlone is more than just a brand, it is a style and culture which means "You live alone and you die alone".
In 2014, VLONE debuted its first collection. VLONE encountered a partnership with Nike in 2017; On July 31, a Nike spokesman confirmed that the Vlone deal with Shelton was terminated following the release of a video of him sexually assaulting a woman in a hotel room.
In 2017, Asap Bari's fashion line Vlone was showcased on a runway show in Paris.
Following rape allegations surrounding stylist and model Ian Connor, on 23 June 2016 Shelton punched Connor as he was leaving the Colette store in Paris, with Shelton further confronting Connor on Twitter surrounding the allegation, and later escalated to Ian Connor fighting A$AP Bari. 
2017 sexual assault case
On July 12, 2017, a video emerged alleging sexual assault by Shelton against a nude woman. The video showed Shelton bursting into a hotel room she was sleeping in yelling "You fucked my assistant, now you are going to fuck with me", followed up by "You better suck my cock now, bitch!" She said "no", and then Shelton pulled blankets and exposed her nude body to about 10 other men of ASAP Mob, and he followed her into the bathroom. She begged him to stop harassing her and began crying in fear. She was then allegedly thrown out of the room in the nude with Bari smacking her in the buttocks; she had the hotel manager call the police. Shelton claimed on Twitter that the video was "fake", though he later stated that the video was between "friends" and that they had "resolved this issue amicably among all parties as adults".
In November 2017, the woman sued Shelton for over $1 million stating she was sexually assaulted by him.
On 18 May 2018, Shelton was arrested at Heathrow Airport in London on charges of sexual assault related to the incident. On 3 January 2019, Shelton pleaded guilty to the 2017 sexual assault in London. He avoided a possible prison sentence by paying the victim £2,000 (equivalent to £2,129.66 in 2022; $2,268 in United States dollars, equivalent to $2,593.03 in 2022) and being subjected to a protective order.
- "Young Lord". www.asapmob.com. Retrieved 6 October 2022.
- Pablo, J. "Meet The A$AP Mob: Talking To Ant, Ferg, J. Scott, Nast, Twelvy, And Yams". Archived from the original on 27 May 2015. Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- "25 Under 25: The Young Leaders of StyleA$AP Bari". Complex. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "A$AP Bari, Hood Fashionist | Mass Appeal". Mass Appeal. 24 June 2014. Archived from the original on 12 June 2017. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- GARMENTS, VLONE. "STORE". VLONE® || Shirts & Hoodies || Official VLONE Store. Retrieved 2022-07-10.
- "Here's What Went Down at ASAP Bari's First-Ever VLONE Fashion Show". Complex. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "A$AP Bari Opens up About VLONE's Future Plans of Denim, Barbershops & More". HYPEBEAST. 25 January 2017. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "Nike Ends Relationship With ASAP Bari After Sexual Assault Allegations". XXL. 31 July 2017. Retrieved 1 August 2017.
- "Nav Connects With Virgil Abloh, VLONE, and nWo on 'Good Intentions' Album Merch". Complex. Retrieved 2020-10-08.
- "YoungBoy NBA X VLONE TOP Tee in White + Digital Album". Youngboy NBA Official Merchandise Store. Retrieved 2020-10-08.
- "The Weeknd x Vlone The Weeknd Tee Black". stockx.com. Retrieved 2020-10-08.
- "Vlone x Nav". vloneshop.ltd. Retrieved 2020-10-08.
- "VLONE Proved That Fashion Shows Are Pointless (but We Still Need Them)". Highsnobiety. July 6, 2017.
- "Ian Connor Gets Into Fight With ASAP Bari and Theophilus London". XXL. 23 June 2016. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "Ian Connor Got into a Fight With A$AP Bari". Highsnobiety. 13 July 2017. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "SpaceGhostPurrp - "GETTIN RICH" (Beat by SGP)". YouTube.
- "MTO EXCLUSIVE: Rapper ASAP Bari Allegedly Caught On Tape . . . Allegedly 'Sexually Assaulting' Woman!!!! - MTONews.com". Media Take Out. 12 July 2017. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "Vídeo em que ASAP Bari da ASAP MOB abusa sexualmente de uma mulher é divulgado na web | Portal Rap +". Portal Rap +. 12 July 2017. Archived from the original on 16 July 2017. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "ASAP Bari Accused of Sexual Harassment After Graphic Video Surfaces (UPDATE)". Complex. Retrieved 2022-07-10.
- "ASAP Rocky's Former Friend ASAP Bari Sued for Allegedly Sexual Assaulting a Woman". People. Retrieved 2018-05-16.
- "ASAP Bari Faces Lawsuit Over Alleged Sexual Assault". Complex. Retrieved 2018-05-16.
- "A Disturbing Video With A$AP Bari Has Surfaced". HYPEBEAST. 13 July 2017. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "A$AP Bari Responds to Sexual Assault Accusation After Explicit Video Leak: Exclusive". Billboard. 13 July 2017. Retrieved 14 July 2017.
- "A$AP Bari Arrested in London for Sexual Assault". TMZ. 18 May 2018. Retrieved 18 May 2018.
- "$2,268 in 2019 → 2022 | Inflation Calculator". www.in2013dollars.com. Retrieved 2022-07-10.
- "£2,000 in 2019 → 2022 | UK Inflation Calculator". www.in2013dollars.com. Retrieved 2022-07-10.
- "ASAP BARI PLEADS GUILTY TO ONE COUNT OF SEXUAL ASSAULT". xxlmag.com. 3 January 2018. Retrieved 3 January 2018.