|Headquarters||177 Pacific Hwy, North Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, 2060|
|Iñaki Berroeta (CEO)|
Canning Fok (Chairman)
|Products||Prepaid and postpaid mobile phones, fixed-line and wireless broadband|
Number of employees
TPG Telecom Limited, formerly Vodafone Hutchison Australia Pty Limited and renamed following the merger with TPG, is an Australian telecommunications company. It is the second largest telecommunications company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange. TPG Telecom is the third-largest wireless carrier in Australia, with 5.8 million subscribers as of 2020.
TPG Telecom Limited is home to brands in Australia including Vodafone, TPG, iiNet, AAPT, Internode, Lebara and felix. TPG Telecom Limited owns and operates nationwide fixed and mobile network infrastructure, including Australia’s second-largest fixed voice and data network, with more than 27,000 kilometres of metropolitan and inter-capital fibre and a mobile network comprising more than 5,600 sites and covering over 23 million Australians.
TPG Telecom Limited was previously known as Vodafone Hutchison Australia Pty Limited (VHA). VHA was majority owned by Hutchison Telecommunications (Australia), a listed company of CK Hutchison Holdings group and Vodafone. Vodafone Hutchison Australia was formed by a merger of Vodafone Australia and Hutchison Australia's 3 in 2009. VHA started to phase out the 3 brand in 2011.
On 30 June 2020, VHA received a listing on the ASX – Australian Securities Exchange. The newly ASX-listed company then officially merged with TPG Corporation, previously known TPG Telecom on 13 July 2020.
In August 2018, VHA and TPG announced their intention to merge. Initially rejected by the ACCC, the plan was given permission to proceed via a February 2020 Federal Court of Australia ruling. Effective 29 June 2020, Vodafone Hutchison Australia Pty Limited was renamed TPG Telecom Limited (ABN 76 096 304 620).
Important aspects of TPG Telecom Limited:
• It boasts a 27,000+-kilometre inter-capital and metropolitan fibre network and is also the second-largest data and fixed-voice network in Australia.
• TPG Telecom limited has an international system of connecting subsea cables to major hubs in Asia and North America from Australia.
• It has a strong 4G network covering more than 23 million customers in over 5,600 sites. Additionally, a 5G network roll-out is currently underway.
A merger of equals between TPG Telecom and Vodafone Corporation was officially announced on 30 August 2018.
The combination of these assets aims to expand TPG Telecom market share in Australia.
- "Historical details for ABN 76 096 304 620".
- https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/apiman-gateway/ASX/asx-research/1.0/file/2924-02346204-2A1283024?access_token=83ff96335c2d45a094df02a206a39ff4. Missing or empty
- (PDF) https://www.tpgtelecom.com.au/sites/default/files/asx-announcements/TPG%20Telecom%20-%20FY20%20Results%20Appendix%204E%20-%20for%20release%20to%20ASX.pdf. Missing or empty
- Duckett, Chris. "Vodafone Australia and TPG merger: Everything you need to know". ZDNet. Retrieved 25 September 2020.
- "About Vodafone Australia". Vodafone Australia. Retrieved 10 August 2020.
- "Vodafone, Hutchinson[sic] complete merger". news.com.au. 16 August 2009. Retrieved 17 February 2021.
- "Vodafone moves on 3's demise". itnews.com.au. 31 August 2011. Retrieved 17 February 2021.
- "Share Price & Information - ASX". www.asx.com.au. Retrieved 10 August 2020.
- Duke, Jennifer (29 August 2018). "Vodafone, TPG to become $15b telco giant to disrupt Optus and Telstra". The Sydney Morning Herald. Fairfax Media. Retrieved 30 August 2018.
- Reichert, Corinne. "TPG and Vodafone Australia to merge into AU$15b telco named TPG | ZDNet". ZDNet. Retrieved 2 September 2018.
- "Concerns about proposed merger between TPG and Vodafone". Australian Competition & Consumer Commission.
- Letts, business reporter Stephen (8 May 2019). "TPG share price crashes as ACCC blocks Vodafone merger". ABC News. Retrieved 19 May 2019.
- Danckert, Sarah (12 February 2020). "Court clears way for $15b Vodafone-TPG merger". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 13 February 2020.
- Pash, Chris (30 August 2018). "Here's how the TPG-Vodafone merger stacks up against Telstra". Business Insider Australia. Retrieved 10 August 2020.
- Harpur, Phil. "TPG Telecom Limited - BuddeComm". www.budde.com.au. Retrieved 10 August 2020.
- "How the new-look TPG could transform the mobile market". Australian Financial Review. 5 July 2020. Retrieved 10 August 2020.
- "PROPOSED MERGER OF EQUALS BETWEEN TPG TELECOM LIMITED AND VODAFONE HUTCHISON AUSTRALIA TO CREATE AUSTRALIA'S LEADING CHALLENGER TELECOMMUNICATIONS OPERATOR" (PDF).