Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Kushal Srivastava|
|Written by||Vaibhav Bajpai|
|Cinematography||Maneesh Chandra Bhatt|
|Edited by||Aalaap Majgavkar|
K'Scope Entertainment Pvt Ltd
Vishalraj Films & Production Pvt.Ltd
|Distributed by||AA FILMS|
|19 January 2018|
|Box office||₹ 1.26 crore|
Vodka Diaries is a 2018 Indian thriller film co-produced and directed by Kushal Srivastava. Set in contemporary Manali, the story revolves around a club called Vodka Diaries, where a few murders occur and their investigation is undertaken by the protagonist, ACP Ashwini Dixit. The film was produced under the banner of K'Scope Entertainment Pvt.Ltd. & Vishalraj Films & Production Pvt. Ltd. and released on 19 January 2018.The movie was loosely based on the 2010 movie Shutter Island.
A series of murders brings ACP Ashwini Dixit(Kay Kay Menon) and his junior colleague, Sub-Inspector Ankit Dayal(Sharib Hashmi) to the club Vodka Diaries in Manali. Three carefree and flirtatious young men are murdered on the same night in the presence of three mysterious women. Vodka Diaries seems to be at the centre of the mystery. The ACP arrives at the club to conduct interrogations and search for clues before the killer can strike again. As the investigation deepens, his wife Shikha(Mandira Bedi) goes missing. Ashwini tries to unravel the reason behind her disappearance.
- Kay Kay Menon as ACP Ashwini Dixit
- Raima Sen as Roshni Banerjee
- Mandira Bedi as Shikha Dixit
- Sharib Hashmi as Sr inspector Ankit Dayal
- Rishi Bhutani as Vivek Rajput
- Herry Tangri as Ronny
- Swati Rajput as Sera
- Vaishnavi Dhanraj As Ananya
- Mohommed Ali Shah as Sam
- Sooraj Thapar as Hotel Manager
- Dipoo Srivastava as Hotel Receptionist
- Rahul Kapoor as Nikhil
- Antara Srivastava as Kavya
- Vikram Sakhalkar as Mayuk
|Soundtrack album by |
Parvaaz Band, Sandesh Shandilya & Harry Anand
|Released||9 February 2018|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Label||Zee Music Company|
The soundtrack of Vodka Diaries has been composed by Parvaaz Band, Sandesh Shandilya and Harry Anand.
|1.||"Beparwah"||Khalid Ahamed and Kashif Iqbal||Parvaaz Band||Khalid Ahamed||05:44|
|2.||"Sakhi Ri"||Aalok Shrivastav||Sandesh Shandilya||Ustad Rashid Khan & Rekha Bhardwaj||03:59|
|3.||"Heeriye"||Harry Anand||Harry Anand||Labh Janjua & Shalmali Kholgade||03:06|
|4.||"Angoor"||Harry Anand||Harry Anand||Harry Anand||03:25|
Rajeev Masand criticized the film saying that, "The gorgeous snow laden landscape of Manali is the setting for Vodka Diaries, which starts out as a whodunit, quickly turns into a psychological thriller, before it finally reveals itself to be a waste of time." and gave the film a rating of 1.5 stars out of 5. Lasyapriya Sundaram of The Times of India appreciated the performances of the actors but criticized the poor writing saying that, "What works for the film are the performances by its lead actors. Kay Kay Menon, does the best he can with the material at hand. But even an accomplished performer like him cannot save a film that sounds conceptually good, but is derailed by its poor execution. The film's dialogue writing also leaves much to be desired. While the mystery should be intriguing in a suspense thriller, what remains a mystery is the lack of anything intriguing." and gave the film a rating of 2 stars out of 5. Shubhra Gupta of The Indian Express gave the film a rating of 1.5 stars out of 5 and said that, "On paper, Vodka Diaries, starring Kay Kay Menon, Raima Sen, Mandira Bedi, Sharib Hashmi, may have sounded like an engaging whodunit. But what we see is clearly not." Rohit Vats of Hindustan Times gave the film a rating of 2 stars out of 5 and said that, "Vodka Diaries is about under-utilised actors and losing a promising opening. It probably needed a more thorough approach."
Awards and Nominations
- It was selected as Official selection in 9th Jagaran Film festival. Mayank Shekhar was the festival director for the festival who selected the film.
- It was nominated at Next Big Thing Film Festival 2018 USA as Best Feature Film category. 
- "Box Office". Bollywood Hungama.
- "Get ready for Vodka Diaries where Kay Kay Menon turns desi Sherlock". India Today. 14 February 2017. Retrieved 19 January 2018.
- Vats, Rohit (19 January 2018). "Vodka Diaries movie review: Kay Kay Menon trips, so do we". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 19 January 2018.
- Ruman Ganguly (12 January 2017). "Raima Sen to star opposite Kay Kay Menon in thriller". The Times of India. Retrieved 19 January 2018.
- "Mandira Bedi adds poetic charm to 'Vodka Diaries'". The Times of India. 13 August 2017. Retrieved 19 January 2018.
- "Vodka Diaries movie: Review, Cast, Story and Director". Free Press Journal. 19 January 2018.
- "Swati Rajput: Never thought I will work with Kay Kay Menon in my debut film!". glamsham.com. 19 January 2018.
- "Vodka Diaries (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)". iTunes.
- "Murder, mayhem, Manali!". Rajeev Masand.
- "Vodka Diaries Movie Review". The Times of India.
- "Vodka Diaries movie review: Kay Kay Menon is wasted in this thriller". The Indian Express.
- "Vodka Diaries movie review: Kay Kay Menon trips, so do we". Hindustan Times.
|This article about a Hindi film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|