|Comune di Voghiera|
Voghiera within the Province of Ferrara
|Province / Metropolitan city||Province of Ferrara (FE)|
|Frazioni||Ducentola, Gualdo, Montesanto, Voghenza|
|• Total||40.5 km2 (15.6 sq mi)|
|Elevation||7 m (23 ft)|
|Population (Dec. 2004)|
|• Density||97/km2 (250/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Voghiera is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Ferrara in the northeastern Italian region Emilia-Romagna, located about 45 kilometres (28 mi) northeast of Bologna and about 13 kilometres (8 mi) southeast of Ferrara.
As of 31 December 2004, it had a population of 3,924 and an area of 40.5 square kilometres (15.6 sq mi).
The municipality of Voghiera contains the frazioni (subdivisions, mainly villages and hamlets) Ducentola, Gualdo, Montesanto and Voghenza (a former bishopric).
Of these, Voghenza (in Latin, Vicohabentia) was once a residential bishopric, believed to have been renamed, due to a see shift, in 950 as Diocese of Ferrara (now Metropolitan Archdiocese of Ferrara–Comacchio).
In 1966 the diocese was nominally restored as Latin Titular bishopric of Voghenza (Curiate Italian) or Vicohabentia in Latin, adjective Vicohabentin(us).
It has had the following incumbents, of the fitting Episcopal (lowest) rank, with an archiepiscopal promotion in this title as exception :
- Angelo Scapecchi (1967.07.11 – 1996.03.20), first as Auxiliary Bishop of Cortona (Italy) (1967.07.11 – 1986.09.30), then restyled as Auxiliary Bishop of successor see Arezzo–Cortona–Sansepolcro (1986.09.30 – retired 1987.07.25); died 1996
- Salvatore Fisichella (Rino) (1998.07.03 – 2008.06.17 see below) as Auxiliary Bishop of the papal Vicariate of Rome (Roma, Italy) (1998.07.03 – 2008.06.17), also President of Pontifical Institute of John Paul II for Studies on Marriage and Family (2002.01.18 – 2006.01), Rector Magnificus of Pontifical Lateran University (2002.01.18 – 2010.06.30), President of Pontifical Academy for Life (2008.06.17 – 2010.06.30)
- the same Salvatore Fisichella (Rino), promoted Titular Archbishop of Voghenza (see above 2008.06.17 – ...), also President of Pontifical Council for the Promotion of the New Evangelization (2010.06.30 – ...) and President of International Council for Catechesis (2013.01.16 – ...)
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
- Annuario Pontificio 2013 (Libreria Editrice Vaticana, 2013, ISBN 978-88-209-9070-1), p. 1009
- http://www.gcatholic.org/dioceses/former/t1979.htm GCatholic
Media related to Voghiera at Wikimedia Commons